[ROOTED ROM] Official HTC WWE OTA 2.1 Update! *WORKING*

Guest 42turkeys

Guest bunt83
I don't have a problem with stability, but pathetic mistakes in the code and design.

Examples:

1) Display pictures of contacts are low-res if not cropped (selecting the entire picture for a contact generates a low-res thumb)

2) Dialer shows SIM-entires (yuk!) even if unchecked under Settings

3) Wifi would never find my hidden network (although out of a sudden two days ago it connects every time -- remote update anyone?)

4) Some button-labels are named incorrectly (I'm using English)

5) Bundled SMS-program does not always scroll down to bottom history, especially during reply

6) Boot-animation is still on ~500Kb (which is there by stupid design, I use one on ~800b)

This is one major SNAP if the European 2.1 isn't better.

point 1 is a GOOGLE issue nothing to do with the ROM. See here:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Goog...c8fee&hl=en

point 5 - Don't use the stock app! Handcent SMS is MUCH BETTER :lol:

Guest Richard K. Szabo

I don't sync my contacts with Google, ever. All my contacts are owned by SIM or Phone, where Phone is the one I wish to show, nothing else.

Handcent and chompSMS were rather sluggish on 1.5. While Handcent is extremely ugly it performs quite well, chompSMS wasn't that convincing for me to purchase a license, but I might check up on these programs again when a stable 2.1 is on my phone.

point 1 is a GOOGLE issue nothing to do with the ROM. See here:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Goog...c8fee&hl=en

point 5 - Don't use the stock app! Handcent SMS is MUCH BETTER :lol:

Guest Richard K. Szabo

The HTC Desire does not have these issues btw.

Yeah, 2.1 Sense ROMs have a lot of different quirky behaviours.

Guest bunt83
The HTC Desire does not have these issues btw.

Lets decide when the OFFICIAL European ROM finally gets rooted :lol:

Hopefully all the issues will have been resolved...

Guest zizoom
Lets decide when the OFFICIAL European ROM finally gets rooted :D

Hopefully all the issues will have been resolved...

Hope So :lol:

Guest Firasco

Okay so I installed the 2.1 ROM by Paul from Taiwan. Works perfectly. Not one single problem, except the general Android 2.1 annoyance of not being able to hide certain Google Contacts groups. Currently it shows all Google Contacts groups (I have PRIVATE and WORK, and don't want the 2000 WORK contacts to show up).

Did any one of you figure out how to only display certain Google Contacts groups? In 1.5 you could select which groups showed up, now not anymore.

WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE HELP.

Guest Richard K. Szabo

Like mentioned in this thread and the one linked to not many posts up; install the official European HTC 2.1. There are way more documented issues with the Taiwan release than you mention.

Okay so I installed the 2.1 ROM by Paul from Taiwan. Works perfectly. Not one single problem, except the general Android 2.1 annoyance of not being able to hide certain Google Contacts groups. Currently it shows all Google Contacts groups (I have PRIVATE and WORK, and don't want the 2000 WORK contacts to show up).

Did any one of you figure out how to only display certain Google Contacts groups? In 1.5 you could select which groups showed up, now not anymore.

WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE HELP.

Guest Firasco

Actually the problem I mentioned exists with ALL Android phones running 2.1

It's a general problem and it's REALLY driving me insane.