22/Jul r3 (JG5) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lilla

When i run script for no lag can i choose to move just core apps not all, becouse all won't fit?

How to get rid of WaveSecure from my Phone?

Guest Jeefke

I've just installed R2 comming from JG1.

Now my data connection isn't working anymore (3g). Someone got a tip?

Edit: Ok, flashed back to original JG1, still no data connection... So it's not R2 :-/ strange....

Edit 2: Simcard does have a dataconnection in my Nokia..

I'd also like to know how to get rid off some preinstalled apps. Can i just remove these from the zip?

Edited by Jeefke

Guest Fire2fly

For some reason I'm not able to use the adb remount command. If I use this command I got the reply: "no such file or directory" both on linux and windows. I suppose this is somewhere a problem with the phone but I can't find information on the internet. I want to use adb remount to remove wave secure from my phone, but that is not possible now. Is there anyone who can help me? So far I know i got thsi problem after installing Modaco r2. Killing ADB server won't work, also restarting the phone is no solution. It looks like ADB can't acces the /system partition for some strange reason. Anybody has a solution? I'm getting crazy...

Edited by Fire2fly

Guest Daley87

Can't get protected apps to show up, i just done a hard reset, then reflashed Jg1, then flashed r2 prebake and then ran the MCR script for market JF5, after doing that protected apps are still not available to me in the market, any help at all is appreciated guys, cheers lads.

Guest gravityz3r0
Can't get protected apps to show up, i just done a hard reset, then reflashed Jg1, then flashed r2 prebake and then ran the MCR script for market JF5, after doing that protected apps are still not available to me in the market, any help at all is appreciated guys, cheers lads.

By protected apps, u guys mean paid apps? If that's the case do it manually by downloading Market Enabler from here : http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler/downloads/list or http://uploaded.to/file/en3pg4

Then run, and go to the last tab called "Set Custom" and enter 310260 which correspond to T-Mobile US region in the box. Before that, REMEMBER to "Save current setting" just in case you need to revert back to your own region.

It did the trick for me.

Edited by gravityz3r0

Guest gravityz3r0
I've just installed R2 comming from JG1.

Now my data connection isn't working anymore (3g). Someone got a tip?

Edit: Ok, flashed back to original JG1, still no data connection... So it's not R2 :-/ strange....

Edit 2: Simcard does have a dataconnection in my Nokia..

I'd also like to know how to get rid off some preinstalled apps. Can i just remove these from the zip?

After flash, your phone will lose its APN setting and for some reason, the phone doesn't import the setting from your simcard, so you need to enter it manually.

Edited by gravityz3r0

Guest jUsT2eXy

is it now ok to use titanium backup?

I want to restore my apps... otherwise it takes ages to set stuff up especially when a new modaco is out every week....

Guest Daley87
By protected apps, u guys mean paid apps? If that's the case do it manually by downloading Market Enabler from here : http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler/downloads/list or http://uploaded.to/file/en3pg4

Then run, and go to the last tab called "Set Custom" and enter 310260 which correspond to T-Mobile US region in the box. Before that, REMEMBER to "Save current setting" just in case you need to revert back to your own region.

It did the trick for me.

Hi, I've tried market enabler with the T-Mobile US settings and no luck, cheers though.

Guest Mahagon-Coral

So I updated and I can't even see a quarter of the apps I bought... marketplace enabler does not work and the various scripts don't work as well.

What do I have to do now?

Guest aeo087
So I updated and I can't even see a quarter of the apps I bought... marketplace enabler does not work and the various scripts don't work as well.

They do work, make sure you run the JF5 script last, then go into app management, clear market cache and uninstall updates, and reset your phone. This method is not confirmed but it's what most of us who have fixed it have done in common.

Guest gravityz3r0

Don't use the automated setting in market enabler. It has known bug. Do it from the custom tab aka enter the market code region manually. Works for me. No reboot required. After you applied the code make sure that the Current gsm.sim.operator.numeric does in fact how 310260

Edited by gravityz3r0

Guest dherrero
I did this to be able to install NFS Shift, then applied the Lag Fix via MCR Script, then when it booted up constant Swype Force Close Messages! It wont enable Swype anymore :) how can i fix this?

That script only restores the backup. But if you installed new stuff then you will loose it. If the programs changed/added files to /dbdata/data you will loose too. I executed it and had many problems. Then had to wipe and checked the script deeply. My suggestion:

1) Remove the link

2) Move the contents from /dbdata/data to /data/data

3) reboot

Dani

Guest dollya2007
Hi everybody

Today i bought my Galaxy, had a HTC Hero before.

So, am I right that i have to flash first JG1 with Odin, and after that apply the costum rom R2 as an update.zip and my Galaxy is rooted?

So there is no need to apply the kernerl or the update.zip from samdroid?

Thanks

do i need an external microsd card for the update.zip or i can just use the internal one?

THanks!

Guest Lilla
do i need an external microsd card for the update.zip or i can just use the internal one?

THanks!

Internal.

Just want to say about 3D performance in this rom.

Someone few pages earlier said that Live Wallpapers are a bit choppy.

He was right, look on bubbles or waveing water.

But that's not all.

Best 3D games also work noticable worse, thats why now im back on I9000XWJG3.

Guest Kilack
Internal.

Just want to say about 3D performance in this rom.

Someone few pages earlier said that Live Wallpapers are a bit choppy.

He was right, look on bubbles or waveing water.

But that's not all.

Best 3D games also work noticable worse, thats why now im back on I9000XWJG3.

in what rom? you done a benchmark test to check? like quandrant standard?

Edited by Kilack

Guest Nipius

Paul, I've always been a silent admirer of your work. I have one question about this ROM: does it contain Dutch language. I searched the topic and found that although some things will be displayed in Russian at first, after a while this will automatically change to English. Does this also account for other European languages (like Dutch)?

Thanks in advance for the reaction!

Guest laum
Paul, I've always been a silent admirer of your work. I have one question about this ROM: does it contain Dutch language. I searched the topic and found that although some things will be displayed in Russian at first, after a while this will automatically change to English. Does this also account for other European languages (like Dutch)?

Thanks in advance for the reaction!

There's alot of european languages including Nederlands (Nederland) and (Belgie).

Guest kennyboy

tried with neocore and quadrant...no noticable decrease in performance.

Edited by kennyboy

Guest kennyboy
Fixed my data connection.

Can someone tell me how to remove the samsung software from the pre-baked rom?

u can't.

time to pony up for a Modaco membership.

Guest kanzlr

I use r2 and NOVA and FIFA 10 run smoothly, just like the live wallpapers.

Guest Onraad

I just flashed to Paul's r2 rom. So far I have one problem, I can't see MLB AtBat 2010 anymore, which is I guess a protected app.. I have ran the MCR scripts, but nothing changed.. How do I fix this? That one app costs 15$ and I really want it back!

Edit: Never mind, one page back I got my answer..

Edited by Onraad

Guest seraphine

First-time android user and flasher here.

Okay, downloading all the stuff for this now. The right order is:

1. Download ROM (I9000XWJG1)

2. Download ODIN

3. Flash phone

4. Root it

5. Copy the update.zip onto it

6. Use ADB Recovery mode to apply the update

7. Profit?!

Is it also correct that if I stop at #3 then I will have just a normal Galaxy with the latest Firmware of my choice, and that #4-#7 is what roots it and makes it awesome?