22/Jul r3 (JG5) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest SBVerlee
Allrighty then, thanks for the reply :lol:

Paul, please help me. I've flashed my firmware, but i used all three items in the JFB package from samsung firmwares. So the CSC MODEM and PDA. Now 3g doesn't work anymore. Does someone has the original european firmware (xxjf3)?

Guest bambibio
Paul, please help me. I've flashed my firmware, but i used all three items in the JFB package from samsung firmwares. So the CSC MODEM and PDA. Now 3g doesn't work anymore. Does someone has the original european firmware (xxjf3)?

3G as in internet use? type your APN settings manually.

Guest Russ-ST24

Hi, when you type #*1234# on the phone what does yours say?

Mine says

PDA: I9000XWJFB

PHONE: I9000XXFJ5

CSC: I9000SERJF3

Mine fist booted into Russian but sorted itself out after I put a SIM in. (also the first time I did it I did not flash all the parts and my 3g did not work as the APN was missing.) Just add it again and it works from the settings menu.

Hope this helps

Russ

Guest SBVerlee
It's available on the same site you got JFB from.

P

Nope. Not the JF3 version.. Manually typing in the acces point won't work. Can you tell me which file i have to flash the next time? Only the PDA or..?

Guest Xoneso

Getting errors when running MarketSpeedup.sh in ASE:

/system/ase/scripts/MarketSpeedup.sh: cannot create /sdcard/ase/resources/temp.sh: directory nonexistent

Edited by Xoneso

Guest woutf
Nope. Not the JF3 version.. Manually typing in the acces point won't work. Can you tell me which file i have to flash the next time? Only the PDA or..?

Trying adding your APN and the rebooting. That did the trick for me

Guest SBVerlee
Trying adding your APN and the rebooting. That did the trick for me

Did you also use all the files in the firmware package?

Guest Paul
Getting errors when running MarketSpeedup.sh in ASE:

/system/ase/scripts/MarketSpeedup.sh: cannot create /sdcard/ase/resources/temp.sh: directory nonexistent

Ah, i'll fix that now, doh!

P

Guest Xoneso

Testing it now Paul.

Also found another way to enter recovery if you don't have acces to adb. Power Off Phone, Hold in Volume Up + Home + Power

Dunno if this has been said before.

Edit: Daily Briefing still gets installed even if you don't tick it off in the kitchen option

Edit2: No errors when running ASE and MarketSpeedup.sh now

Edited by Xoneso

Guest dan 6a

Can someone please give me a hand for one sec;

I connected the phone to the PC

renamed the ZIP from modaco to update.zip

put it in the root dir

enabled debugging

adb reboot

select the update.zip

press home key

it says file not found.

I don't have a physical microsd card (I dont need one do I?)

I have the latest FW via odin

****I fixed this 2 seconds after I posted sorry****** I checked the update file via phones file viewer and saw I renamed it update.zip.zip D'OH

I think its working.. :lol:

I don't mean to be rude but what was the point of putting trial software on there?

Edited by dan 6a

Guest jjwa

Please forgive me my noobishness, the Galaxy S will be my first Android phone ever:

Do I require root to use these custom roms, will my phone be rooted by using these custom roms, or is rooting something I will have to do separately?

Edit:

Okay, fail... Apparently the topic start already mentions a root thing. Now to find the 'delete post' button...

Hm, I guess I can't...

Edited by jjwa

Guest phete

Hmm, after flashing JFB and this rom, the camera app shows a dialog box as soon as i run it saying the camera didn't work, and then quits :<

EDIT: http://phete.se/camera_error.html

That's what the debug output is in the debug monitor... :/

EDIT2: And now it worked all of a sudden, after lots and lots of failures...

Edited by phete

Guest Tyxerakias

Does this ROM include the stall fix from your other post "Got the 'stalling' problem? Rooted? Try this...", Paul?

This is great work, I'll be installing it as soon as I receive my phone.. :lol:

Also, is the russian problem that some people are having with JFB solved? (i.e. some applications and samsung market appearing in russian even after the language change)

Thanks again!

Guest bambibio
Does this ROM include the stall fix from your other post "Got the 'stalling' problem? Rooted? Try this...", Paul?

It does not (yet, i hope). I just did the stall fix manually though, and it's so worth it. I'm just laughing while i'm going through the phone now :lol:

Thanks a ton Paul!

Also, anyone wondering if it's worth a few pounds, I can assure you, it so is :D

Guest dan 6a
Hmm, after flashing JFB and this rom, the camera app shows a dialog box as soon as i run it saying the camera didn't work, and then quits :<

EDIT: http://phete.se/camera_error.html

That's what the debug output is in the debug monitor... :/

EDIT2: And now it worked all of a sudden, after lots and lots of failures...

Remove Fring.

I had camera fails galore with it, was so worried it was the device but it was just the app fring causing the nightmares. even after rebooting it would still be failing

Guest Tyxerakias
It does not (yet, i hope). I just did the stall fix manually though, and it's so worth it. I'm just laughing while i'm going through the phone now :lol:

Thanks a ton Paul!

Also, anyone wondering if it's worth a few pounds, I can assure you, it so is :D

Thanks bambibio :D Did you have that russian issue?

Guest bambibio
Thanks bambibio :lol: Did you have that russian issue?

I think i had some random Russian here and there and IIRC i just rebooted and they were gone. (change to your language before boot)

Guest Tyxerakias
Yeah, Russian is default but it soon picks up the right language from your SIM, not an issue...

P

Thanks Paul. The initial reports said that you could not change the bookstore app for example from russian, and the samsung apps were pointed to http://m.ru.samsungapps..

And a couple more things which I can't find now. That's what I was referring to... You don't have these issues i take it?

Guest krotwijk
how do i download this? do i need to pay or something?

Yes, for the kitchen you must pay.

I've just paid, but have to wait a few days before paypal account has paid by bank

Guest SirBarnz

Thanks Paul!

Just installed this and done the stall fix. Phone is certainly flying now, not that it was exactly slow beforehand.

Only issue I noticed was that Daily Briefing gets installed whether you choose to or not.

Looking forward to future goodies!

Edited by SirBarnz