22/Jul r3 (JG5) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

reflashed jg1 , then maps worked. after loading r2 custom rom, google maps wont work, again. so the problem has to be in your release

Have you tried Factory Reset AFTER the MODACO custom rom? It might help. I have the same problem, but I have today flash and wipe so many times already and so on... so not going to do it now. I forgot to Wipe data after applying the modaco r2. i had this same problem with modaco r1. I think it has to do something about the google map newer version, which Modaco has...

Edited by JuW

Guest HansBaer2000
Have you tried Factory Reset AFTER the MODACO custom rom? It might help. I have the same problem, but I have today flash and wipe so many times already and so on... so not going to do it now. I forgot to Wipe data after applying the modaco r2. i had this same problem with modaco r1. I think it has to do something about the google map newer version, which Modaco has...

yeah, tried... didn't help

Guest Darkstriker

I flashed the JG1 firmware and now figured I might as well subscribe to get the online kitchen and fix the SMS/Swype bug.

I applied the update.zip and did a factory reset and I am getting a force-close error on android.process.acore!

What did i do wrong? JG1 was working without any probs before (except the SMS but).

Edit: The Touchwiz Launcher and the android.process.phone also force-close!

Edit2: In fact, everything just force-closes. I cant get anywhere? Complete reflash or is there a simpler solution?

Edited by Darkstriker

Guest hihihehe

so u mean we need to factory reset after the mcr r2?

i just flash to new firmware and re-downloaded back all the apps and plan to root but need to reset again(i need re-download again)??oh god...

Guest Darkstriker
so u mean we need to factory reset after the mcr r2?

i just flash to new firmware and re-downloaded back all the apps and plan to root but need to reset again(i need re-download again)??oh god...

It happens for me even if I factory-reset. So I don't think that is the implication here. But I can't be sure.

Edit: Maybe the reset is even the cause. Reflashing now. I'll give you more info when i get it!.

Edited by Darkstriker

Guest Rar9

HI,

Just a quick question...

Just flashed the FG1

If I enter adb reboot recovery I get a RED line saying

"multicsc : can not acces to /system/csc/SER/system/"

is that normal od did I do something wrong?

Cheers

Rar9

Guest Andrew Luecke
Hello,

I've installed your ROM and now Swype dont works.

When I try to write with it, I can drag the line but it dont wirtes nothing.

When I try to change the language settings of Swype and choose German i get the error "German language not available".

I also found another problem, when I try to read sms. Its not possible. When I push a sms the "Write new message" appears and I am not able to read the sms. I only can write a new one.

Maybe you have an idea what to do?

Thanks a lot

Swype is working here in UK english (haven't put in a sim card yet though). Not sure about GPS though.. Going to test that now..

So after my short freakout.. Everything is going great :) Good work. Can hardly wait for the custom rom to go a bit more vanilla, dump touchwiz and gain Froyo.

Guest gravityz3r0

Ok, just to post my result, everthing seems to be working fine, i flashed to JG1 and then applied MCR Update as per instruction. Google Maps works without problem. Swype is also working.

Just that i can't seems to restore anything that has to do with system from Titanium Backup because it'll surely screw something up every time i do it. A lot of thing will force close if i try to restore any system file backup.

restoring downloaded apps is fine though.

Guest hihihehe
Swype is working here in UK english (haven't put in a sim card yet though). Not sure about GPS though.. Going to test that now..

So after my short freakout.. Everything is going great :) Good work. Can hardly wait for the custom rom to go a bit more vanilla, dump touchwiz and gain Froyo.

is not the entire swype not working...

what the swype not working was when hit the send button,the text u typed with swype will be gone and not sent...but handscent sms no problem with it...

Guest Darkstriker
That's normal.

If you have a crash, examine what you left out of the bake in case that's causing it!

P

I reflashed now and the only thing that still crashes is swype. Then I did a factory reset again and once more everything crashes. Gonna try a bit less stripped-down version now.

Guest FerdiBorbon

wow smooth flash to G1 then MCR r2... every working well... one question though this new App MCR scripts...

should i run those scripts after a successful flash ? or do they run automatically on 1st boot when flashed to r2?

I applied another kitchen, WITHOUT Google Maps. I installed it from the Market and still didn`t work.... well I Removed it, booted my phone and BAM! It was suddenly still there, even in my home screen. And now it worked!!!??? Weird...

Guest Rar9
"multicsc : can not acces to /system/csc/SER/system/"

That's normal.

If you have a crash, examine what you left out of the bake in case that's causing it!

P

I´ve selected all ...

but the Error already appeard before running upgrade.zip

any way to fix it?

About those scripts. Are they always active, if I boot my phone and back on? Can they be disabled from the same place?

Edited by JuW

Guest HansBaer2000

ok, i found a sollution for the google maps problem:

i took the old google maps version vom the rc 1 release (com.google.android.apps.maps.apk and Maps.apk) and put them into my rc 2 update.zip. reinstalled it. it works.

Edited by HansBaer2000

Guest aeo087
None of the MCR Scripts run automatically.

P

My market app is working great, I understand what the stall fix app does, but what do the market jg1 and Jfb do?

Also, I'm noticing that the live-wallpapers are a bit more choppy in with the MCR R2 than in the stock jg1 firmware, anyone else notice this?

Other than the live wallpapers, the rom works great! Thanks a lot for swype sms fix and the nice inclusions... You must be tired of hearing this, but you're awesome Paul, thanks a lot for your work!

Edited by aeo087

Guest kennyboy
reflashed jg1 , then maps worked. after loading r2 custom rom, google maps wont work, again. so the problem has to be in your release

google maps works great for me. :)

Guest Sim-1

Anyone else is having troubles with SMS? I can't open the threads, I keep getting the com.android.mms error.

I've baked the rom twice with and without he SWYPE keyboard to no avail. Any ideas?

Edited by Sim-1

Guest gravityz3r0
After a WIPE now NOTHING works. Fantastic.

Start again from the scratch, re-flash JG1 firmware using Odin. Then only apply the MCR. That's all. There's no need to wipe this and that. See if it works?

Edited by gravityz3r0