22/Jul r3 (JG5) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Kilack
I agree with you, I'm moving to JFF to see how that works out for now. I kept saying I wasn't having the market problems but now I have them as well...

I'm not quite convinced with JG1...

very weird.. I had problems the other day, not being able to see market apps but that was just on stock jg1..

Im now on jg1 plus r2 with market jf5 and have no problems..

I didn't do any factory resets..and also have no problems at all with swype...

Guest Kilack

Hi Paul.

Just thinkig about the future of this phone, everyone is looking forward to froyo etc.. I was just wondering how much extra diskspace froyo takes up?

As the nand space is obviously very limited already, and if they need to grab more of it to fit froyo on then it obviously means less for us and the lag fix......

Anyone know roughly how much extra diskspace froyo might consume?

btw loving the lag fix.. and you were right im only using about 20 megs...so no panic yet :)

Guest cioccorollo
Hi Paul.

Just thinkig about the future of this phone, everyone is looking forward to froyo etc.. I was just wondering how much extra diskspace froyo takes up?

As the nand space is obviously very limited already, and if they need to grab more of it to fit froyo on then it obviously means less for us and the lag fix......

Anyone know roughly how much extra diskspace froyo might consume?

btw loving the lag fix.. and you were right im only using about 20 megs...so no panic yet :)

actually I don't think the OS get installed in those 130 Mb .-.

Guest Sumner

i loaded an r2 build after loading JG1, and i'm having trouble accessing protected apps in the market. i've tried running both mch market scripts for JG1 and JF5, rebooting and then trying to access the market each time (searching for gameloft), but protected apps aren't showing up.

any suggestions?

Guest Lio78
i loaded an r2 build after loading JG1, and i'm having trouble accessing protected apps in the market. i've tried running both mch market scripts for JG1 and JF5, rebooting and then trying to access the market each time (searching for gameloft), but protected apps aren't showing up.

any suggestions?

You need to execute in MCR Script first "MarketjF5.sh" and "MarketSpeedup.sh".

For me it's ok.

Edited by Lio78

Guest khunjj
Try to install Asphalt before lag fix. Problem is that Samsung App downloaded apk to the /data/data folder. It's about 60Mb. But after installation done it's just about 4Mb, all game data are in the different folder.

Just to explain how I can solve the problem after cannot install Asphalt and/or low memory of dbdata:

1. Reverse back "lag fix" by

adb shell

su

rm /data/data

mv /data/data.bak /data/data

rm -r /dbdata/data

reboot

2. Install all Samsung Apps including Asphalt

3. Apply "lag fix" either by MCR scripts or

adb shell

su

cp -rp /data/data /dbdata

mv /data/data /data/data.bak

ln -s /dbdata/data /data/data

reboot

My problem's solved and SGS runs smoothly :-)

Guest FrezoreR

I see where I can download R1, and I guess it has all the problems that comes with it.

Is the R2 only available for premium members?

Guest Archer13
Just to explain how I can solve the problem after cannot install Asphalt and/or low memory of dbdata:

Exactly the same method is needed for Need For Speed Shift (~100Mb). Installation process use /data/data folder too for unpacking or whatever...

Guest FerdiBorbon

Hi Paul, live wallpapers on the r2 still doesnt work, am i supposed to bake a rom including the stock Samsung Live Papers to enable it?

Guest FerdiBorbon

i mean i didnt bake the stock live papers, since i install market live papers instead... but i guess i need rebake with live papers then :)

Guest Sumner
You need to execute in MCR Script first "MarketjF5.sh" and "MarketSpeedup.sh".

For me it's ok.

I've just run both those scripts (again) in that order, and I still can't see protected apps in the market. What other steps can I try?

Guest notabenem

Dear Paul,

Would it also be possible to state in the changelog what kind of interface languages does the firmware and what kind of input languages does the included SWYPE support?

Is it possible to enrich SWYPE with additional languages during the firmware cooking? Is it possible to do it afterwards?Thanks in advance.

Guest gravityz3r0
Exactly the same method is needed for Need For Speed Shift (~100Mb). Installation process use /data/data folder too for unpacking or whatever...

Is there NFS:Shift in Samsung Apps? I don't have it. I thought it's only available to Bada OS for now?

Guest Russ-ST24

Just an update for you all.

I reflashed JG1 and then applied the r2 update.zip again. This time I did NOT restore everything from Titainium backup and everything is working fine.

I just applied the market fix and lag fix and all is well.

Just used Titanium to restore some app data only and not the actual apps. downloaded it all again from the market to be safe.

Russ

Guest jekaboom

i just signed up and purchased a PLUS membership to show my appreciation of your hard work.

keep 'em coming and keep up the good work Paul!!

Edited by jekaboom

Guest simomazzo

after running the script marketSpeddup.sh the wifi stopped working.

the phone is unable to obtain ip address

have any solutions?

I installed 2 times

I also run wipe but no positive result

Guest zenkinz

Paul, please tell me you are planning to cook Froyo in very soon. I am going to sign up for modaco premium member if you have it!

Guest aeo087

Ok so, I'm not really liking these scripts... I ran the market speedup and then the JF5 script and the market still can't find protected content and now the market feels a lot slower... I've been reading the past posts but everyone contradicts each other... Anyone know how to fix the market problem?

Guest FerdiBorbon

1. Reverse back "lag fix" by

adb shell

su

rm /data/data

mv /data/data.bak /data/data

rm -r /dbdata/data

reboot

2. Install all Samsung Apps including Asphalt

3. Apply "lag fix" either by MCR scripts or

adb shell

su

cp -rp /data/data /dbdata

mv /data/data /data/data.bak

ln -s /dbdata/data /data/data

reboot

I did this to be able to install NFS Shift, then applied the Lag Fix via MCR Script, then when it booted up constant Swype Force Close Messages! It wont enable Swype anymore :) how can i fix this?