30/Jun r1 (4399) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Dell Streak (Android 1.6) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fards

Paul, any chance of upgrading to the latest version of superuser?

It's currently sitting at 2.2.2 I installed it using recovery, but obviously having it included in the kitchen would be best.

I'm having problems with the custom ROM. It boots up to the locked home screen. But when I unlock it, I get the message that the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. The home screen in blank and unresponsive. The menu works though. I have tried with two different custom ROMs.

Restoring the 3883 or 4399 stock build works and is fine, so I have a useable Streak. Just can't use the custom ROM. Any ideas?

Many thanks

magxs

I have the exact same error, totally unusable. + ELM error, forced closing.

I own a Streak directly from Dell, unlocked. Is that the problem?

I don't want all the apps from the PB version, so where's the problem with this error?

With the custom ROM it's unusable because of the Core error.

And with the Prebaked it can't sync contacts. It syncs everything fine but no contacts (currently not possible). I never had that before.

It runs much faster than the stock ROM, so I wanna keep it, but I need the Google Contacts!

Guest mintymoo
With the custom ROM it's unusable because of the Core error.

And with the Prebaked it can't sync contacts. It syncs everything fine but no contacts (currently not possible). I never had that before.

It runs much faster than the stock ROM, so I wanna keep it, but I need the Google Contacts!

I have the prebaked 3883 and syncing of google contacts works fine ( custom ROM hanged at the start up screen so loaded the prebake instead)

Edited by mintymoo

I have the prebaked 3883 and syncing of google contacts works fine ( custom ROM hanged at the start up screen so loaded the prebake instead)

I used the 4399 as this was the build of my stock ROM too, and everything worked there, but it was a little slow.

I restored it, it stucked in boot mode. Now after nandroid restore and again applying update.zip, it still doesn't work.

EMList error, I can't get to login google account from data syncronisation screen. Also data somehow seems to be saved (I get prompted back to the login screen), contacts still can't sync.

And custom ROM is totally unusable here with the core error all the time.

Actually I'm very disappointed, didn't think there were so much errors in the PB ROM (and can't even use a ROM "Baked" myself).

Guest DrDax
I used the 4399 as this was the build of my stock ROM too, and everything worked there, but it was a little slow.

I've finally got there.

Paul's custom ROM installed 4399 although my oem ver is 3883

Koush recover ver has to be 1.8.3.7

I'm using stock 4339 r1

I have noticed that 4399 is slower than my 3883 oem build? any particular reason why?

running 4339 the is a noticable lag on selecting home or changing pages

I still have a problem with ROM manager, it always says recovery failure

gives three options recovery mode is broken

ROM manager doesnt reboot

Other

So I still must have somehting thats wrong

Any ideas

So all of you guys cooking your own ROM online, have a working ROM?

The PB Rom has a defective contacts application, this is why I can't sync contacts online or offline (via Missing Sync). The contacts app always crashes.

And the own baking ROMs are useless to me as from the start on every 10 seconds ypou get the acore error (plus contacts app also crashes).

Is everything working eith your own baked ROM?

I have an unlocked original Dell Streak, I use the 1.8.1 custom recovery, my original ROM version was 4399.

No one experiencing any probs?

Paul, can you plz check this thread from time to time? :angry:

Guest Magxs

I have the same issue. Only a few of us seem affected, so I am not expecting much help. :angry:

There is a thread relating to the acore error and some of the experts had a look at it. But we didn't seem to be able to capture their attention long enough to get to the bottom of this. No criticism of them - we (the ones affected) haven't been very active.

The only thing working for me is the 4399 build from Dell. I'm happy with that for now.

Guest fards
I have the same issue. Only a few of us seem affected, so I am not expecting much help. :angry:

There is a thread relating to the acore error and some of the experts had a look at it. But we didn't seem to be able to capture their attention long enough to get to the bottom of this. No criticism of them - we (the ones affected) haven't been very active.

The only thing working for me is the 4399 build from Dell. I'm happy with that for now.

I used my own rom from the kitchen for a while, I only had one acore error message in 5 days, but there were some other niggles I had so I went back to teh 4399

Guest DrDax
I used my own rom from the kitchen for a while, I only had one acore error message in 5 days, but there were some other niggles I had so I went back to teh 4399

I've just reloaded the pre-packed roms and the phone feels twice as fast. I'll check which one it is when I get home tonight.

Still can't get the recovery loader to work in rom manager and it crashes the phone if I try and doo a backup.

Could one of the experts tell me why every time I load a ROM - in recovery mode I get MISC: errors ie Not exist

What is MISC: used for??

Ok so I am reposting this cause no one answered me before :angry:

Ok so I have read every post and the first post twice and I only have two question so please be kind as Im coming from windows mobile and I am a total noob

1. to add or remove something from the rom i just unzip then delete the apk that i no longer want, then rezip right?

2. do i have to do the nandroid backup? if so what is it backing up??

Thanks in advance

Somehow nothing's working anymore.

Whatever ROM I flash, the Homscreen won't appear, the top bar disappears, appears again after a few seconds, goes away again.

What's that all about?

Did nandroid backup (which worked the first time, this week), did recovery restore, nothing works, no homescreen and top bar disappears all the time.

Guest fards
Somehow nothing's working anymore.

Whatever ROM I flash, the Homscreen won't appear, the top bar disappears, appears again after a few seconds, goes away again.

What's that all about?

Did nandroid backup (which worked the first time, this week), did recovery restore, nothing works, no homescreen and top bar disappears all the time.

do a factory wipe and start again?

if you read the thread on the clockwork recovery, the nandroid recovery isn't working properly.

Guest adolfopacheco
So all of you guys cooking your own ROM online, have a working ROM?

The PB Rom has a defective contacts application, this is why I can't sync contacts online or offline (via Missing Sync). The contacts app always crashes.

And the own baking ROMs are useless to me as from the start on every 10 seconds ypou get the acore error (plus contacts app also crashes).

Is everything working eith your own baked ROM?

I have an unlocked original Dell Streak, I use the 1.8.1 custom recovery, my original ROM version was 4399.

No one experiencing any probs?

Paul, can you plz check this thread from time to time? :)

I am having the exact same problem, I have an unlocked original Dell Streak and nothing works anymore. I have tried with all the custom and stock Roms available out there but I keep getting the acore error, specifically when I go into the phone app and contacts.

This is so sad, now I have a really nice unusable tablet.

I hope there is a way to fix this very soon.

Can the prebaked ROM be used on 00 Streaks?

Is there an actual hardware difference between the 00 and 21 and others, apart from the radio?

edit: yes, the prebaked ROM can be used on 00 US beta Streaks. :D

Edited by wired