Desire Froyo Update

Guest thelankygeek

Guest djtosh

flash, hd recording, all the juicy features of froyo roms that are already bein tried by loads of ppl on here and xda, there will be minimal parts of the final froyo desire build missing, if you prefer 2.1, wot r u doin in a froyo thread, u shud be happy with r3.1 and therefore not lookin at any froyo development.

Guest Subject Delta
Im disappointed because I might as well stay on 2.1, it is no different. Maybe a bit faster but the Desire is fast enough IMO anyway.

I'll be glad when it's released so someone can strip sense out of it though.

If you want that, just use Cyanogen Mod 6, or paul's Froyo MCR.

Guest hally83

I've tried 3 froyo Roms actually and would have stayed on them had it not been for the echo issues. The UI changes in vanilla froyo are great and make the phone just that bit nicer to use, this video could be a video for 2.1 was my point.

I hope to hell it is an early test build and they do make it better.

Bye

Guest pascanu
Im disappointed because I might as well stay on 2.1, it is no different. Maybe a bit faster but the Desire is fast enough IMO anyway.

I'll be glad when it's released so someone can strip sense out of it though.

I think you are disappointed because you assume Froyo will also mean a new version of Sense. That is highly unlikely IMO, there will only be minor enhancements/bug fixes.

What it should bring is speed, a2sd, 720p camera, WiFi hotspot and who knows what else. What I wonder is what sort of Flash integration it will bring.

Guest FatherD
Oh that's so wrong. Tease, tease, tease;)

I can't wait to see what Paul's got up his sleeve when it makes it here.

Me too ... I will hold out for a Paul special, rooted and sorted :) (here's hoping!)

Guest miguelsanchez79

couple of weeks and we'll be fine I guess... so no rush guys. we've still got decent devices in our hands so relax :))))

Guest Subject Delta
Echo.

Hence I said stripping sense from a DESIRE Rom.

Again pointless loops. Trust me, when a DESIRE Rom leaks, they will just port the audio bits over to their roms to fix this issue to start with, getting a rom and stripping sense from it will not be necessary.

Besides, what where you actually expecting? Sense works perfectly well just as it is, they don't really need to make changes to it, the idea from HTC is to port Sense over to Froyo and keep the phone experience as consistent and similar as possible. Once the echo problems are fixed. you will have plenty of options that offer a sense-less experience to choose from.

Guest sucramco
I do not believe the video from youtube is from a leaked rom!

For what reason do you not believe the video from you tube is a leaked rom?

Guest foxmeister
Because it has been pointed out numerous times in several boards that this is the work of a chef over at XDA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=49

-KJ

Sorry, but you are just plain wrong.

If it wasn't based on a leaked HTC ROM, and was a "port" of Eclair Sense to Froyo, there would be no watermarks to remove!

That is not to disparage the work that udK is doing, but it essentially no different to the work on 2.1 Sense ROMs we used to see on the Hero months ago which were all based on early leaked builds from HTC. These builds are often incomplete and suboptimal, and the chefs job is to make them as usable as they possible can.

Regards,

Dave

Guest Loozaa

You really think someome is faking kernel and radio-versions to htc and is telling "here is a leaked rom" instead of telling "look, what i' ve done"? :)

Loozaa

Guest yukkio
The Devs from XDA (ukd etc) say they are releasing the Desire Froyo 2.2 ROM with Sense either tomorrow or Thursday.

Really?????? OMG!

Guest flakz0r

I was afraid to root too, but it was easier than i expected. Just read everything carefully, and when in doubt just search the forums or create a topic. But its really easy, Paul's r6-risk free method works wonderfully. :)

Then you'll be ready for froyo + sense.

Guest tommo123

as above, just check out a video on youtube on how to do it and it makes the (at first glance) complicated instructions clear.

Guest yukkio
You've got time till tomorrow to sort it out :)

I would wish but i can't because i have the 1.23 version and there isn't a method for give me the root :D

Guest Noonski

With a support background it's very sound that the build is ready from HTC and the mentioned 5 to 6 weeks is Training Time for Support Personnel as it's likely there's a few other handsets to get that upgrade.

Guest Mekerz
Are you serious, this is a massive disappointment. So the only things they managed to update are a torch and wi-fi hotspots? No UI updates at all.

No 3d app drawer, probably sacked off the awesome new gallery too (hopefully not!) no screen change animation.

Bah, i'll wait for a non-echo vanilla rom thanks.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I'm struggling to see how you've come to the opinion that this is a disappointment.

Firstly, I'm not sure why you're expecting HTC to change their Sense UI feel and look. This is what makes an HTC phone, a HTC phone - the UI is there to give the phone an identity and reason for the consumer to buy over another brands product.

It's not stock Android, it's Android and Sense - it's supposed to be different to just Android, hence why it doesn't have the 3D application draw. I agree with you that the 3D application draw looks awesome and I would prefer it but it was never going to happen.

I've tried every FroYo ROM going, it's an enjoyment to test things on my phone unlike when I used to own an iPhone 3G, but I keep going back to Sense based ROMs because the default Android email client just isn't good enough. The features in the HTC Email application are major plus points for me, the ability to set my out of office if I forget to before jumping in the car, the fact I can send meeting requests and view email trails in conversation layout.

I would imagine the new Gallery will have been removed as HTC have their own, but just like the Cool Iris Gallery, you can probably install that to work side by side.

You also have to remember that this ROM will be less hacked together than the current ASOP and Port builds, all of which still have a lot of bugs in them.

From what I can gather you don't like Sense, so you can still use this ROM and use Launcher Pro on top of it for your 3D Application Draw.