Rooted, new rom, messages gone.

Guest antaeus

Guest antaeus

Hi,

I rooted my phone for the 3rd time, and installed a rom.

How do I manually restore my messages? The 1st and the 2nd time I did this, I had my messages. Information of what roms I had installed or have now, I actually dont know. I think the one I have now is stock HTC without the HTC apps.

I really miss my messages, they ARE on my phone. But howcome it does not read them?

EDIT: Before, when I have run the official HTC packages (roms) i have gotten all my messages back. Messages from day one still exsist on my phone... SOMEWHERE :)

Edited by antaeus

Guest crawler9
Hi,

I rooted my phone for the 3rd time, and installed a rom.

How do I manually restore my messages? The 1st and the 2nd time I did this, I had my messages. Information of what roms I had installed or have now, I actually dont know. I think the one I have now is stock HTC without the HTC apps.

I really miss my messages, they ARE on my phone. But howcome it does not read them?

EDIT: Before, when I have run the official HTC packages (roms) i have gotten all my messages back. Messages from day one still exsist on my phone... SOMEWHERE :)

Are you sure you didn't wipe the data partition before flashing the ROM? That would obliterate all your messages...

Guest itachi46
It has not done so before?

I should never have done this :)

i've only rooted once and flashed the r3.1 rom and my messages were gone.. i thot it was to be expected when rooting the phone o.o

Guest crawler9
It has not done so before?

I should never have done this :)

My mom just had me root her phone for her; she wants to be able to use wireless tethering while on vacation. All her messages disappeared as well... I expected this is it happens every time I change ROMs (I wipe my data and cache every time.) She wasn't very happy her messages disappeared either, but there's no way to get them back.

Guest pmcguire
My mom just had me root her phone for her; she wants to be able to use wireless tethering while on vacation. All her messages disappeared as well... I expected this is it happens every time I change ROMs (I wipe my data and cache every time.) She wasn't very happy her messages disappeared either, but there's no way to get them back.

If you use wavesecure you can backup your messages to the wavesecure server before wiping. I know this doesn't help now but ....

Guest Arthur Hucksake
If you use wavesecure you can backup your messages to the wavesecure server before wiping. I know this doesn't help now but ....

It's never worth considering messages as something you keep, eventually they bog down your phone anyway.

Best thing would be to have some sort of app that emailed them or something, far better to store them online invade this kinda thing happens.

Guest spammyspam

The rooting guide makes it clear that you will have to wipe your phone, so this shouldn't have been a surprise (you were lucky the first two times).

Personally I used SMS Backup and Restore to persist them to XML before I rooted.

Guest NarutoDKz

There are several message backup programs on the market.

Always check your possibilities before doing something that may (or may not) delete valuable data.

And by the way. As far as I know the Desire makes a backup itself. (maybe all 2.1 which are built on the stock Htc rom)