Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos

Daskalos Sense 2.5.2016 WM 6.5.3 ROM

20100706_002653_0069_111g.jpg

ABOUT

- Ported in a Megalite ROM

- WM 6.5.3 build 21664/ JC2 Base

About the Ported Sense 2.5.2016

It's based on ajeshm Sense cab. Many might ask if Sense in this ROM is as smooth fast as in HTC devices, well, it's not. Until we can get the proper drivers, we can't have that performance.

But I can assure that the Sense is fast, smooth and stable enough for daily use. The files are CFC modified so images may load faster. This Sense will also support CFC modified Themes. Some .dll and .exe are also modified to have stable RAM usage. Also applied some known Sense tweaks to optimize performance.

Although working HTC Messaging, HTC Dial Pad,HTC Comm Manager, New Slide Lock and Sense Mods can be cooked in the ROM, I choose not to, because cooking them in will replace too much files and registry entries not only in the Sense Package but also in the WM OS, which may lead to some programs not working. You can get the cabs as along as I finished uploading it.

See tips on how to enhance the performance of Sense and see issues and bugs list and possible fixes for them (post 2)

What's in the ROM:

- Working My Location

- Working HTC Messaging (though you must install the cab)

- Audio Player continues playing music even when device screen is off

- Working landscape ( please see below on special instructions how to use LANDSCAPE)

- CFC compressed

Added apps:

Easy Set S3Clock

OMarket

Opera 10

OzIM

Gyrator

Total Commander

PHM Registry Editor

Omnia 2 Messaging Switcher

Clean RAM

Capsure

Advance Config

Background Wizard

JWMD Icon Changer

How To

1. Please read all there is in this post.

2. Download and Flash.

2. Install Sense addons ( you can install the whole set or install the ones you need see info below)

3. Install your needed samsung apps

DOWNLOAD ROM HERE:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9KCD8LW2

DOWNLOAD SENSE ADD-ON HERE:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BN9I9F5Y

DOWNLOAD SAMSUNG APPS BATCH 1 HERE:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7JTDTEMG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL THOSE WHO SUPPORTED MY WORK ESPECIALLY FOR THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE FOR THEIR DONATIONS:

MR & MS:

J. Barrick

A. Maśląg

V. Zubov

M. Gudat

D. Socha

A. Pajak

E. Siow

C. Spoelstra

G. K. anonymous

ANILPHV

A. Puvvada

cappuccina

N. Hefner

S. Rattan

J. Mulder

suman_pal78

Edited by daskalos

Guest daskalos

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW

HOW TO USE THE LANDSCAPE MODE:

Almost all tabs and Sense functions are usable in Landscape. But there's a glitch. Sometimes, when putting Sense in landscape, it becomes squashed.

To avoid this, do not slide keyboard when a Sense animation is currently executing (Weather icon/wallpaper animating, pictures flipping, menu scrolling etc.).

Just wait for the animation to finish and then slide the keyboard.

If Sense be squashed, just choose a tab without a current animation sequence, and slide in the keyboard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIPS TO IMPROVE SENSE PERFORMANCE

These are some tips to improve Sense performance:

1. Weather service very much affects Sense performance. After flashing the device (let's say you haven't updated your weather tab or activate My Location), Sense is fast, but when updated, there is a noticeable decrease in performance. But you have some options if you don't want to sacrifice the performance:

- Disable Home Tab Weather Animation

- Disable Weather Tab

2. You can use Set Easy S3Clock (included) and overclock your processor for some boost. Sense is stable at 900Mhz (actually it is stable until 920Mhz, you can adjust 920Mhz through editing S3Clock registry).

3. Use Advance Config Tool (included). Set Performance tweaks to advised or higher.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTC Messaging, Comm Manager, Phone Pad,Vertical Lock Screen, Facebook Tab, Documents Tab

HTC Messaging 1.5

Please note that if you install HTC Messaging, the default WM Messaging in the ROM will be gone. Messaging will be replace with the HTC version both in the Sense Home Tab and as a stand alone messaging application. This can be used without installing HTC Comm Manager. Tested with receiving and sending SMS. If you know how to manually configure your MMS please test this also.

Installation: Just install and allow soft reset.

Bug: When you use the home tab to reply or make new message, the send button is somewhat gone. The send button is actually there, it's above the attached button (with the clip icon) though not visible... just tap the space above the attach button to send message

Working HTC MMS

Two users confirmed that HTC MMS is working, but you have to know how to configure your mms settings manually.

After successfully installing HTC Messaging, you can configure your mms by:

Go to Programs , then tap "Text"

HTC Messaging will open, tap Menu then Settings, then Options,

Settings will open, tap Menu, then MMS Server

Tap New to manually configure your mms settings (given that you know the settings)

HTC Comm Manager

You may or may not install this. Install this if you want more HTC feel on your device.

Installation: Just install and allow soft reset

HTC Phone KeyPad

Install to have an HTC skinned phone keypad. Installing this also gives the new incoming/outgoing call screen. Fully compatible with Sense.

Issue: Video Call not Possible

Vertical Lock

Vertical Slide lock ( like HD min) from xda member Cloudy. Warning: Do not enable password phone lock security while using this lockscreen.

Issue: Portrait Only

Facebook Tab

Facebook Tab for Sense

Installation: Disable Sense,install and allow soft reset

Documents Tab

It's enabled in Sense but you need Adobe Reader to read your pdf's.

Installation: Just install Adobe LE cab and allow soft reset

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Applications Included in the ROM

I cook the most of the following applications in the ROM to help you tweaking and modding your Sense ROM:

Easy Set S3Clock

- Helps in boosting performance by overclocking your processor

OMarket

- Lets you download free applications for your phone

Opera 10

- Latest Opera version

OzIM

- Multi Online Messenger (AIM,Google Talk,IM,MySpace Im,YM)

Gyrator

-Allows automatic screen orientation with other features (like shake to reject a call etc.)

X2 Task Manager

- X2 Task Manager. To minimize apps, just tap x-button; to close, tap and hold x

(there's no X2 Task Manager in this ROM, a great alternative is Arkswitch)

Total Commander

- File explorer with some advance features

PHM Registry Editor

- Registry Editor

Omnia 2 Messaging Switcher

Clean RAM

-Automatic RAM reclaiming tool

Capsure

- Lets you take some screenshots

Advance Config

- Easy set System Tweaks

Background Wizard

-Sets Sense Home Tab background and makes top and bottom bar transparent (please use 480x800)

JWMD Icon Changer

- Changes your application's icons

Edited by daskalos

Guest tammy89

@daskalos:hav u tried d JE2 Rom??its actually fast even after eating some ram....

maybe u can make a megalite version of the je2 firmware n put sense on it?!?

can we xpect this in future??!!:D

jus a thought...:)

Guest daskalos
@daskalos:hav u tried d JE2 Rom??its actually fast even after eating some ram....

maybe u can make a megalite version of the je2 firmware n put sense on it?!?

can we xpect this in future??!!:D

jus a thought...:)

Actually, I've been comparing JE2 and JC2 files for some time now,and I see no significant difference in files or even drivers...

I think the difference is just within the CSC and WM build

Guest omid66613

master daskalos

could you tell me the differences between 6.5.3 AND 6.5.5 ?

is there any difference or almost the same?

Guest daskalos
master daskalos

could you tell me the differences between 6.5.3 AND 6.5.5 ?

is there any difference or almost the same?

6.5.x is more finger friendly than 6.5, with "buttons" on the button...

This build is from HTC branch, so in "theory" it might work well with Sense

Guest dpspcdrgn

Daskalos, I tried to PM you with my test results but your PM folder is full.

Please delete some of your messages.

:)

Guest Lancez

@ daskalos

i have watched your vid and did some comparisons as you requested. it seems on par with i8000's sense ROM, performencewise. am testing shadow's latest 2016 build right now, and i think you should get hold of him and try to get OEM that he is working with. cause the latest 2016 from T-mobile USA's HD2 is way faster than any other builds that i have ever tested. keep up the good work, even though i'm not a B7610 user, but it is always a good thing to see you guys are doing fine here.

best wishes

Lance

Guest dpspcdrgn
@ daskalos

i have watched your vid and did some comparisons as you requested. it seems on par with i8000's sense ROM, performencewise. am testing shadow's latest 2016 build right now, and i think you should get hold of him and try to get OEM that he is working with. cause the latest 2016 from T-mobile USA's HD2 is way faster than any other builds that i have ever tested. keep up the good work, even though i'm not a B7610 user, but it is always a good thing to see you guys are doing fine here.

best wishes

Lance

That's funny, initially I thought the rom in the vid looked marginally faster than any Sense rom I have tried to date.

And it was, until I enabled animations...

Silly me!

Still trying to get you that PM Daskalos. Your inbox is full to the top!

Edited by dpspcdrgn

Guest Lancez
That's funny, initially I thought the rom in the vid looked marginally faster than any Sense rom I have tried to date.

And it was, until I enabled animations...

Silly me!

Still trying to get you that PM Daskalos. Your inbox is full to the top!

that is true, it happened on all sense ROMs. that is why i disabled tabs that i don't use as well as the animated weather wallpaper.

you can post your resulte here if PM is not working, unless you have some secrets? :)

Guest dpspcdrgn
that is true, it happened on all sense ROMs. that is why i disabled tabs that i don't use as well as the animated weather wallpaper.

you can post your resulte here if PM is not working, unless you have some secrets? :)

lol, I'm not sure if I do yet. But to be on the safe side...

:D

Guest Bokun23

Hey

I've tried the 6.5 rom and experienced also the slowing down. But how can u disable the animations? like the one in the home screen. After disabling the weather tab it was still slow.

Before i used mobile shell, and every time i experienced memory loss. So i think this will be better. thnx a lot

Greetz

Guest Lancez
Hey

I've tried the 6.5 rom and experienced also the slowing down. But how can u disable the animations? like the one in the home screen. After disabling the weather tab it was still slow.

Before i used mobile shell, and every time i experienced memory loss. So i think this will be better. thnx a lot

Greetz

at home tab, click menu>home wallpaper> animated wallpaper> choose any wallpapers you want without animation.

Though I am not avid user of sense roms for mem and lag problems, I download all of them and use them for a while. But this one I am sure to give a longer try. Thanks daskalos for all your efforts and as lancez we shall be waiting for modded 2016 OEM for our b7610s.

Guest omid66613

I have a big problem with HTC massaging.

when I start writing,my text is written in black color with black backgroud.I mean when start writing a black color surround my text so I can't read it.

so i can't read what I wrote.

I have to remove it

Guest daskalos
I have a big problem with HTC massaging.

when I start writing,my text is written in black color with black backgroud.I mean when start writing a black color surround my text so I can't read it.

so i can't read what I wrote.

I have to remove it

install htc messaging and just change your theme.... the default black theme causes that :)

Guest talktoanil
install htc messaging and just change your theme.... the default black theme causes that :)

Daskalos , thanks for this ROM.

I would like to know free RAM after installing this ROM.