new firmware I9000XWJG1

Guest simomazzo

Guest laum
hmm,i only connect my mouse, cooling pad and the phone..

so do i need to reflash again?

No, you don't have to flash again. It was ok.

Guest t0mle
Here is a fix to the protected apps not showing up in the market.

We are basically going to use the build.prop from from JF5

If you don't know what you are doing do not do it.

I take no responsibility of you damage your phone!!!

1) root your phone and enable USB debugging

2) download root explorer from market.

3) download the attached build.prop to you adb folder on your computer. (unzip it)

4) push build.prop to your sdcard: adb push build.prop /sdcard

5) Open root explorer, mount the file system (click on RW at the top)

5) go to /system rename build.prop to build.prop.bak

6) copy build.prop from /sdcard to /system

REBOOT

7) go to applications, uninstall market (Don't worry it will still be on your phone and will re-download itself in the next step)

8) open market from desktop > you should see protected apps.

In case you messed up you saved a copy of the old build.prop in /system so you can restore it from there.

I tried this but still unable to view protected apps. (btw. camera does work after this..) but I see no changes at all?

Guest Lilla

There is no .pit files, last two times when i flashed they have been with firmware, so how flash without this?

Second question CSC-I9000SERJG1.tar or CSC-I9000OXEJG1.tar one is russian and second?

Edited by Lilla

Guest mickeko
I cant really see them being able to fix the stalling completely, it is a hardware issue really.

What hardware does the HTC Desire (for example) use to prevent this kind of lag that the Samsung Galaxy S doesn't have?

Guest Tyxerakias
There is no .pit files, last two times when i flashed they have been with firmware, so how flash without this?

Second question CSC-I9000SERJG1.tar or CSC-I9000OXEJG1.tar one is russian and second?

The first is russian, the second for the ex-soviet republics.

Guest dan 6a

Please help with something ;

From the guide "

Open in ODIN the flash files and the .PIT file (use PDA if you’ve got only one file inside the

firmware)

In the JG1 fw there are ;

1 code

2 CSC

1 modem tar.

, In odin3 there are options

PIT which i have the file for

PDA (guide says if only 1 file)

Phone

CSC

and etc is greyed out.

Can someone please tell me under which heading to put each file.. people are flashing a code a CSC and the modem tar. I am unsure how select all three using the odin setup.

http://www.greaky.com/2010/02/samsun...21.html#/news/

If someone could please copy and paste this screen for these files that would be great, as others are confused also on other sites.

The samsung firmwares guide doesn't make this clear.

Guest dan 6a

Thankyou, the legend himself replied to a basic question :) Very Honored!

Why cant they explain that in the guide? I asked why not put it in the guide, and the response was most people have got experience with androids.. I pointed out this was my first smart phone ever and am on a steep learning curve :D

**edit

Is selecting re partition a good or bad thing for phones?

Edited by dan 6a

Guest dayloon

Which CSC file am i supposed to flash ? (i'm in the UK if that makes a difference).

CSC-I9000OXEJG1.tar

OR

CSC-I9000SERJG1.tar ?

Also, for the PID file I just downloaded the one from samsung-firmware. I assume thats ok ?

Thank you :)

Guest Tyxerakias
Which CSC file am i supposed to flash ? (i'm in the UK if that makes a difference).

CSC-I9000OXEJG1.tar

OR

CSC-I9000SERJG1.tar ?

Also, for the PID file I just downloaded the one from samsung-firmware. I assume thats ok ?

Thank you :)

You can flash either. If I had to choose I would install the first one, because it is smaller and doesn't install stuff like utalk and navifone for russian phones. It's what Paul has installed too.

Being in the UK, if you flash those files you will lose your APN settings and you will have to re-insert them manually. Also, the phone will start in russian, but you can change it back to english.

I assume you mean the PIT file, if yes that's ok, yes.

Guest dayloon
You can flash either. If I had to choose I would install the first one, because it is smaller and doesn't install stuff like utalk and navifone for russian phones. It's what Paul has installed too.

Being in the UK, if you flash those files you will lose your APN settings and you will have to re-insert them manually. Also, the phone will start in russian, but you can change it back to english.

I assume you mean the PIT file, if yes that's ok, yes.

Thank you !

Edited by dayloon