Vanilla Android for SGS?

Guest Chelsea FC

Guest deedend
Just wondering if it would be possible to port a stock android rom to the SGS? ....wink wink Paul.

I'm with you... and I add if it's possible to mantain all the Samsung apps that is inside the system (for example videocalling, messaging, etc.), but in a clean and non "iPhone clone" environment.

Guest Andrew Luecke

It wouldn't be impossible.. I'd imagine it's just a matter of working from getting the drivers going in the stock.. I've given running a Launcher.apk a try, but it didn't install :)

Guest magicdroid
It wouldn't be impossible.. I'd imagine it's just a matter of working from getting the drivers going in the stock.. I've given running a Launcher.apk a try, but it didn't install :)

You need to push Launcher.apk to /system/app

You could always try installing ADWLauncher from the Market... that one should install without problem.

Guest tomolewis

ADWLauncher is excellent much better than the stock android one...... I'm running it on my Magic w/froyo atm

Waiting for my Galaxy S to arrive :)

Guest Andrew Luecke
ADWLauncher is excellent much better than the stock android one...... I'm running it on my Magic w/froyo atm

Waiting for my Galaxy S to arrive :)

I'm using LauncherPro, but it nice to try to get the Galaxy S to run as close to stock as possible I guess, and then simply overlay on top the samsung customisations.

Guest SpruceyB
I'm using LauncherPro, but it nice to try to get the Galaxy S to run as close to stock as possible I guess, and then simply overlay on top the samsung customisations.

I'm running ADW Launcher on mine and it's awesome. The only problem with different launchers is that the Samsung Widgets such as Daily Briefing, Calender Clock etc only work in TouchWiz.

No biggy though.