JF5 leak at Kingmobi.net

Guest twu2

Guest cicciosprint

Okay, here are some facts:

• WinMo 6.5 Build 21895
  • Upgrading from JC1, speed seems to have had a slight boost, even on auto
  • Cube is still there (yay!)
  • Main Menu is the new "black" type, damn fast albeit ugly
  • At cold boot with everything default 425,82Mb used in Main Storage, RA without mainmenu.exe running 64,50Mb

Everything is stock Samsung, so no biggie.

Edited by cicciosprint

Guest fubo
  • WinMo 6.5 Build 21895
  • At cold boot with everything default 425,82Mb used in Main Storage, RA without mainmenu.exe running 64,50Mb

Sadly 6.5 (from a 6.5.x fan).

Guest cicciosprint
Sadly 6.5 (from a 6.5.x fan).

I know, read your other comment on HWU :) However, for some reason, I am not too keen on the switch, if not for the rearrangeable Start menu. Oh well, whatever.

Guest aleoca333

first impressions,

Extremely big rom file, and took me very long to flash it.

Titanium has a much FASTER scroll speed, much MUCH faster.

IDK, what opera version is there, ive never seen something like it but it loads up quicker. seenms to surf internet faster too.

Better windows start menu, the black samsung one still sucks.

The default samsung apps load faster, and are more responsive. like call log, samsung sms (very slow last time)

Threaded sms as expected.

Cube is perfect, renders fast and is graphically beautiful.

Lockscreen is still bad and slow, S2U2 is still much better.

Overall,Well done samsung!

P.S just would like to warn you guys, flashing this rom will completely erase your MY Storage, so back it up before flashing.

Edited by aleoca333

Guest cicciosprint
first impressions,

IDK, what opera version is there, ive never seen something like it but it loads up quicker. seenms to surf internet faster too.

The default samsung apps load faster, and are more responsive. like call log, samsung sms (very slow last time)

P.S just would like to warn you guys, flashing this rom will completely erase your MY Storage, so back it up before flashing.

Agreed, toyed with the phone today and the feeling of responsiveness is impressive, they relly sped the phone up this time. We will see about battery life.

Guest wittanny

Even with 'Preserve device's contents' ticked?

Edited by wittanny

Guest bluhound
Even with 'Preserve device's contents' ticked?

If "Preserve Device Contents" has been ticked, content in My Storage will be untouched. This has been confirmed by other members some time ago.

Guest r3ap3r

rapidshare premium mirror

PDA:

http://rapidshare.com/files/405926323/PDA_I8000NXXJF5_HW_40.7z.001

http://rapidshare.com/files/405926327/PDA_I8000NXXJF5_HW_40.7z.002

http://rapidshare.com/files/405926328/PDA_I8000NXXJF5_HW_40.7z.003

http://rapidshare.com/files/405926332/PDA_I8000NXXJF5_HW_40.7z.004
PHONE:
http://rapidshare.com/files/405918276/Phone_I8000XXJF1.7z
CSC:
http://rapidshare.com/files/405917954/CSC_I8000NXXJF4.7z

enjoy :)

Guest bluhound
Any bugfixes (volume control, XTRA)?

This ROM is WM 6.5 which does not have the volume profile nor xtra bug in the first place. These two bugs only happen on Samsung's WM6.5.3 builds.

Generally, this new build is smooth except the RSS Reader. Scrolling is very jerky.

Edited by bluhound

Guest r3ap3r

premium vs free:

- no time limit (Free user files will automatically be blocked after 10 downloads or 60 days after it was last downloaded)

- no download limit (For files stored in a premium account there are no limitations. Files uploaded by free users can only be downloaded 10 time)

sorry for off topic

Edited by r3ap3r

Guest speedfrog

i know there is different between free vs premium, but i asked if it was any diffrent between downloading from multiuplads rapidshare or a premiums rapidshare. (with your own premium acc,that you are using to download)

EDIT: NVM...

bluhound gave me the answer :)

"To avoid the topic from filling up, here it is.

What r3ap3r mentioned applies to Multiupload too. r3ap3r used his premium account to upload trhe files under his username. Since he is a premium account user, the rapidshare download link can be used unlimited number of times.

As for Multiupload, it uses a public free account to upload the files. This means that the rapidshare links generated for Multiupload can only be used up to 10 times.

Also if I am not mistaken, since r3ap3r used his premium rapidshare account to upload the files, anyone who downloads the file uploaded by him will give him Rapidshare points which he can than exchange it for new premium accounts."

Edited by speedfrog

Guest speedfrog
  • WinMo 6.5 Build 21895

first impressions,

i havent tried it, but it seems to be faster According to some users here

Guest NewForce
i was just about to start a thread, i'm late again! :)

Me too.

Nowaday 1st thing I'll do when open up browser was kingmobi i8000 new rom update page then others.

Today I went for a day-off watching Predator, Twilight Saga Eclipse movies.

Test drive a new BMW 523i. awesome but am still preferring a MB E250 which has felt more luxurious inside & out.

Guest Lancez
Me too.

Nowaday 1st thing I'll do when open up browser was kingmobi i8000 new rom update page then others.

Today I went for a day-off watching Predator, Twilight Saga Eclipse movies.

Test drive a new BMW 523i. awesome but am still preferring a MB E250 which has felt more luxurious inside & out.

i dont know about your age, but unless you r 40+, you don't wanna be seen in a Mercedes. i'm mid 30s and Bimmer is what i prefer :)

P.S. 523i and E250? seriously? the tax really is killing everybody there. come on, at least get people some biger engines!

Edited by Lancez

Guest cicciosprint
is there still any lag on lancscape mode?

Only on cold boot, after that landscape mode is as fast as it gets, this ROM truly is impressive! The only unoptimized thing left is Samsung's custom configurator, everything else is finally seeing fluid usage. I edited the ROM cooking up a version with no Opera, Facebook, Youtube, Security crap and unused cabs. Result? Roughly 100Mb free in Storage, updated phone and still 86Mb are there, 60Mb free RAM after half a day worth of use and even with WiFi on battery drain seems absolutely normal.

I will test it more thoroughly, but this ROM seems top quality so far.

As for Samsung, my guess is that they simply noticed first the leaks from secany, and then FUS Downloader, therefore blocked access and went on with development. On a sidenote, they sure are crazy: so many phones out there and they still tamper with O2's, that's what I call unofficial support to the Community!