MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gianton

I have noticed that with wifi on i get very fast battery drainage. Is wifi n on all the time? If yes is there a way to disable it?

Guest gianton
I'm on 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08 and have only lost 14% battery in the last 15 hours.

Seems pretty good to me.

Is this with wifi or 3g on?

Guest ferryrich
Is this with wifi or 3g on?

Both mostly off, obviously - I defy any phone to lose 1% per hour when connected, specially phones that sync much stuff.

I've had 30 minutes of calls and 20 minutes of Wifi browsing along with the checking time and general fiddling with it.

Edited by ferryrich

Guest gianton
Both mostly off, obviously.

I've had 30 minutes of calls and 20 minutes of Wifi browsing along with the checking time and general fiddling with it.

That's very good, I guess I have to give a couple of days till I come up to any conclusions regarding battery life as I give a hard time my device right now lol!

Guest theblueraja

Hi All,

Im rooting my mates phone after successfully doing my one a while ago. I used a different root method, the unrevoked3 method and i now have the recovery rom installed and im sitting at the apply update from Zip menu.

I cleared and wiped the cache's and went to update the zip from the sd card by choosing the zip i downloaded from here for R5 (including the radio image).

However, its says Signature verification failed when i try to install the zip.

There is an option to "toggle signature verification" in Clockworkmod but i didnt want to try this without asking first.

Additionally, do i need a goldcard with Unrevoked, i used one for my root but not for this as it made no mention of needing one - i have read that you DONT need one....

The only thing i did do is download ROM manager, update clockwork recovery and reboot into recovery. Im wondering if i should have done this (update clockwork recovery that is).

EDIT: FORGET IT - FIXED BY POWER OFF - BACK INTO RECOVERY - APPLY THE UPDATE - NO SIGNATURE ISSUE THIS TIME

Edited by theblueraja

Guest pfsykes

Cool,

Just managed to get open vpn and cisco vpm up and running.

Only issue is routing table problem

I have to manual as root run

ip ru del table gprs / ip ru del table wifi

The only way to undo this is go in to flight mode and enable / disable

Now how can I automate

Peter

Guest sh500
I have noticed that with wifi on i get very fast battery drainage. Is wifi n on all the time? If yes is there a way to disable it?

Good point about WiFi N, forgot that it was enabled in this ROM. Couldn't see a UI setting for it.

People have suggested to perform a 'battery wipe' from recovery after charging the device to 100%.

14% in 15 hours... (!)

Guest gianton
Good point about WiFi N, forgot that it was enabled in this ROM. Couldn't see a UI setting for it.

People have suggested to perform a 'battery wipe' from recovery after charging the device to 100%.

14% in 15 hours... (!)

Yes haven't seen a setting either... I will do this battery wipe also after the next full charge.

I am on r6 so maybe this is the wrong thread to post this, anyway... my devise is loosing 1% per hour with just phone on and of course in idle.

Edited by gianton

Guest seppi68

Hello : r5 without default MoDaCo additions - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 728c486e3b0ff5783ece222840e132ba

Redownloded 2x butt always same problem : Error line 43 : symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

+++

SORRY the bug it's me : it's DESIRE forum and i've N1

Edited by seppi68

Guest sudeki300

can someone please help me, i only want to uninstall three apps, amazon mp3, wave secure and plurk. i have tried with root explorer and better terminal emulation and titanium backup all with no luck. with root explorer it says the .apk file has been deleted but it's still there. and with terminal it says cannot delete as the file is read only. please someone help. is adb the answer or would that just give the same result. thanks..........................sudeki300

Guest Nicke

Well. I'm not loosing much in stand by but hey, i want to USE my phone. When sufring on wlan i loose about 1% every 2 - 3min. Thans not ok. I don't need 802.11n in my phone.

Is it possible to go back to 11g?

Guest Noonski
can someone please help me, i only want to uninstall three apps, amazon mp3, wave secure and plurk. i have tried with root explorer and better terminal emulation and titanium backup all with no luck. with root explorer it says the .apk file has been deleted but it's still there. and with terminal it says cannot delete as the file is read only. please someone help. is adb the answer or would that just give the same result. thanks..........................sudeki300

Either use ADB commands in recovery (I think you will find them in this thread) or remove the files from the zipfile and then reflash.

Cool,

Just managed to get open vpn and cisco vpm up and running.

Only issue is routing table problem

I have to manual as root run

The only way to undo this is go in to flight mode and enable / disable

Now how can I automate

Peter

Hi Peter, how did you manage to make cisco vpn to run on r5? I didn't find a suitable tun.ko. Could you perhaps describe the steps you took?

awesome,

-rlbp

Im looking to bake my own rom but im not sure what some options do such as lock screen, plurk, app sharing, etc

Has anyone got a detailed list on all the options?

Guest Jerry13

Anybody else having problems with reception on this rom? I can leave my phone on a flat surface and watch the reception bars go up and down like a yo yo! From full to nothing without the phone bring touched. If I turn the wireless on this also affects the network reception, with wireless the reception sinks to one bar or zero, turn the wireless off and the bars shoot back up again. There does not seem to be any correlation to the area I'm in as the phone will show full bars one minute and none the next!

I've flashed the latest radio, gone back to previous radios and flashed the latest again all with no difference. I did run the latest radio on Eclair and noticed significant reception improvement over the radio the phone shipped with. Unfortunately with this rom reception seems to be very much a hit or miss affair. If I could get this problem sorted then I would be a very happy camper! Brilliant rom with no other problems. Thanks Paul.

Guest Matt Ots

I've just moved to this ROM from AdamG's Froyo Sense ROM (not a massive change really aside from the goodness of being able to bake in what I want and leave out what I don't!)

No problems so far except I've got no profile pictures in the HTC Messaging app - either in list or thread view. Profile pictures work fine everywhere else, just not in Messaging. Tried restarting several times, re-syncing contacts etc but no joy.

Anyone else run into this or have any idea how I might fix it?

Guest pfsykes
Hi Peter, how did you manage to make cisco vpn to run on r5? I didn't find a suitable tun.ko. Could you perhaps describe the steps you took?

awesome,

-rlbp

Hi

Well it was a bit of a pain to get working to start of with trying to find a tun.ko that matched the corect Kernel. However I do need some help with some scripts or a some widgets if some one wants to write one.

Step One:

Download desire-openvpn-g1fc4045.zip - this contains the correct tun.ko for this Kernel PAUL - If you build a custom Kernel install can you add tun.ko to the build.

From http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=1818 - Thanks jwickers_1234 XDA Dev

Step 2

Download VPN_Connections_v099.apk this is the VPNC App

From http://get-a-robot-vpnc.googlecode.com/fil...ctions_v099.apk

Step 3 (Open VPN Extras)

Download the follwoing apps from the market

OpenVPN Gui - blank-online.eu

OpenVPN Setting - Friedrich Schauffelhut

Step 4

Configure VPNC

Connection Name - Any Name you want to call your connection

IPSec Gateway Address - IP or host name of the VPN Server

IPSec ID - Cisco Group Name

IPSec Secret - Cisco Group Secret. Decode your group password here if your local IT wont give it to you http://coreygilmore.com/projects/decrypt-cisco-vpn-password/

Username - User Name

Password - Password

Password + Token Didgets - Unchecked

Timeouts - 30

Issue

I need a script or wodget with root access to perform the follwoing

Function ON

Become root

ip ru del table wifi

ip ru del table gprs

Function Off

Get the state of

WIFI

GPRS / 3G / EDGE /HSDPA

Turn off the ones that had a state of on

Turn on the ones that had a state of on

Peter

Edited by pfsykes

Guest Matt Ots

Something else I've just run into is that when I set the encoding format for the camcorder to MP4 (default) it is still saving the files as .3gp (even though there isn't even an option for 3GP encoding).

(I don't really understand video encoding/file formats so forgive me if this is a silly question.)

Guest vinnyutd6899
What happens when you go to Android Market and type in "Google Maps"?

it lets me download google maps but wont install it come up with error, "GOOGLE MAPS INSTALLATION UNSUCCESSFUL".

Edited by vinnyutd6899

Guest Ricocchet
it lets me download google maps but wont install it come up with error, "GOOGLE MAPS INSTALLATION UNSUCCESSFUL".

Try unmounting SD Card first and then install it :(

Edited by Ricocchet

Guest vinnyutd6899
Try unmounting SD Card first and then install it :(

nope still the same? will they add the new version to the kitchen at some point so i can recook a new rom?