MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest babyshaq
Thanks so much for the 2.2 pre-baked rom. I have tried using the camcorder twice now and my phone starts buzzing and reboots. Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks again for this.

I'm also having this problem....any help would be appreciated

EDIT: Fixed...Radio update

Edited by babyshaq

Guest hijackfr

Hello,

I've a problem with this release.

I've not 3G and not edge

I've the good apn, sl2sfr for french user on sfr.

The radio was 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08.zip, and now I try 5.08.00.04.

But the problem is the same.

An idea please?

Guest venturerider
it lets me download google maps but wont install it come up with error, "GOOGLE MAPS INSTALLATION UNSUCCESSFUL".

Uninstall Google Maps first. I've seen this problem on the Hero.

Hi

Well it was a bit of a pain to get working to start of with trying to find a tun.ko that matched the corect Kernel. However I do need some help with some scripts or a some widgets if some one wants to write one.

Step One:

Download desire-openvpn-g1fc4045.zip - this contains the correct tun.ko for this Kernel PAUL - If you build a custom Kernel install can you add tun.ko to the build.

From http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=1818 - Thanks jwickers_1234 XDA Dev

Step 2

Download VPN_Connections_v099.apk this is the VPNC App

From http://get-a-robot-vpnc.googlecode.com/fil...ctions_v099.apk

Step 3 (Open VPN Extras)

Download the follwoing apps from the market

OpenVPN Gui - blank-online.eu

OpenVPN Setting - Friedrich Schauffelhut

Step 4

Configure VPNC

Connection Name - Any Name you want to call your connection

IPSec Gateway Address - IP or host name of the VPN Server

IPSec ID - Cisco Group Name

IPSec Secret - Cisco Group Secret. Decode your group password here if your local IT wont give it to you http://coreygilmore.com/projects/decrypt-cisco-vpn-password/

Username - User Name

Password - Password

Password + Token Didgets - Unchecked

Timeouts - 30

Issue

I need a script or wodget with root access to perform the follwoing

Function ON

Become root

ip ru del table wifi

ip ru del table gprs

Function Off

Get the state of

WIFI

GPRS / 3G / EDGE /HSDPA

Turn off the ones that had a state of on

Turn on the ones that had a state of on

Peter

Thanks Peter; I will give it a try.

-rlbp

Guest DragosP
I've not 3G and not edge

I've the good apn, sl2sfr for french user on sfr.

The radio was 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08.zip, and now I try 5.08.00.04.

But the problem is the same.

An idea please?

The radio MUST be 5.09, so reflash this version, do a full wipe, reflash your rom.

Guest hijackfr
The radio MUST be 5.09, so reflash this version, do a full wipe, reflash your rom.

Thank you for responding.

I tried with 5.09, but I did not 3G.

That's why I tried another radio.

Wanting to be sure, I reflash a radio with R3.1 Modaco, the radio 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11.

Again I have the 3G.

I will listen and do a full wipe.

Guest hijackfr
Hello i am a new adfree subscriber ... i would like to download and install a2sd for the ROM .. how do i get it from the online kitchen?

thanks

Narayan

Hello

you choose your options, clic on Expert Options and clic on A2SD or A2SD+, and then you click on the button bake

Guest Noonski
isn't working? ... i get an error

There's been a few reports of one of the Baking servers being full and in need of some cleaning.

Paul's on a deserved vacation so don't expect that server to get cleaned.

Just press CTRL+F5 in your browser until you have another server for the bake and rebake.

(you always see the server name next to the activity in red or green, Delia has been reported giving errors)

Guest medomedo
Thats not a bug, its build this way :(

From an older Post:

"inside the HTC clock app there is under the alarm setting page a 'Side button behavior' section. I've set mine to dismiss now."

This way you can turn off alarm by pressing volume button ... works fine.

For me using the volume button does not work. If the alarm starts ringing while the phone is unlocked then I get the dismiss dialogue other wise (which is the real life use case) I have to wait for the snooze time to get the dismiss dialogue. min snooze time is 5 min :-( I tried using LaunncherPro but that did not change a thing.

BTW, I did not check the "Lock Screen" option in the kitchen (I use froyo look screen)

Guest skinnypupp

I'm confused. Under "Requirements" it says:

"In order to use this ROM on your device, you must be rooted and be able to launch the custom recovery image using the supplied scripts in the root package.

You can read more about how to root and launch the CRI on your device in this topic."

But the link in "this topic" points to android.modaco.com/news/

Looking at the "how to root your Desire" thread, it specifically says:

"The root process will NOT...

enable you to flash your device with a custom recovery image"

So... What do we do then?

Guest skinnypupp

OK I found another "root guide" called "Fake Flash". Do we do this INSTEAD of the regular root instructions above, or do we do that AFTER the regular instructions?

And by "use name update.zip" does that mean we would rename our cooked rom zip from "r6-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-signed-MD5-d5bcbffd836aaff58a6073a35da5be41.zip" to "update.zip" and simply follow the instructions?

If there are more clear instructions out there, please let me know, thanks! :(

Guest gianton
OK I found another "root guide" called "Fake Flash". Do we do this INSTEAD of the regular root instructions above, or do we do that AFTER the regular instructions?

And by "use name update.zip" does that mean we would rename our cooked rom zip from "r6-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-signed-MD5-d5bcbffd836aaff58a6073a35da5be41.zip" to "update.zip" and simply follow the instructions?

If there are more clear instructions out there, please let me know, thanks! :(

Have you read this thread android.modaco.com/content/htc-desire-desire-modaco-com/307365/14-jun-r6-riskfreeroot-htc-desire-rooting-guide-now-with-hboot-0-80-and-os-to-1-21-support/ if not then do it's all there.

You should install ROM Manager and flash from the menu there it's all automated and very easy. Tick the full wipe option after you choose your Rom and make a backup of your files.

Edited by gianton

Guest skinnypupp
Have you read this thread android.modaco.com/content/htc-desire-desire-modaco-com/307365/14-jun-r6-riskfreeroot-htc-desire-rooting-guide-now-with-hboot-0-80-and-os-to-1-21-support/ if not then do it's all there.

You should install ROM Manager and flash from the menu there it's all automated and very easy. Tick the full wipe option after you choose your Rom and make a backup of your files.

Hi, in that thread it says "The root process will NOT...

And in the custom image thread, it says it requires "a device that can flash a custom recovery image"

Also there is no mention of "ROM Manager" in that thread...

Guest gianton
Hi, in that thread it says "The root process will NOT...

And in the custom image thread, it says it requires "a device that can flash a custom recovery image"

Also there is no mention of "ROM Manager" in that thread...

OK here is my suggestion:

1. Root your device using unrevoked (guide how to do this here in Windows and here in Linux) hint: Linux is easier

2. Flash your preferred custom ROM/radio using this guide here step #2

Works for me a lot easier this way.

Edited by gianton

Guest dodolom

It might be off-topic but can someone give me a link for the SIGNED TEETER app. I could have sworn it was on my phone when I baked a rom and installed it but after doing a SD Partition with ROM Manager, a few things are missing and TEETER is one of them.

Anyways, I appreciate the help as always.

Thanks

Guest gianton
It might be off-topic but can someone give me a link for the SIGNED TEETER app. I could have sworn it was on my phone when I baked a rom and installed it but after doing a SD Partition with ROM Manager, a few things are missing and TEETER is one of them.

Anyways, I appreciate the help as always.

Thanks

It happened to me also, that's because data from your ext partition was not wiped. What I did was a full wipe and wipe ext from recovery, then reinstalled my rom and then all my apps were there and showed in app menu.

Guest dodolom
It happened to me also, that's because data from your ext partition was not wiped. What I did was a full wipe and wipe ext from recovery, then reinstalled my rom and then all my apps were there and showed in app menu.

Ok, So how can I re-install the rom without losing any of the stuff I have on it already? Or, I should say, what's the best route to go of doing it? And I always hear this FULL WIPE but how is it any different than a wipe that you can do in clockmod recovery?

Guest gianton
Ok, So how can I re-install the rom without losing any of the stuff I have on it already? Or, I should say, what's the best route to go of doing it? And I always hear this FULL WIPE but how is it any different than a wipe that you can do in clockmod recovery?

I think it's better to reinstall all your apps and settings as a full wipe will erase everything.

A full wipe is:

1. Wipe data/system

2. Wipe cache

3. Wipe ext

4. Wipe Davlik cache

Guest dodolom
I think it's better to reinstall all your apps and settings as a full wipe will erase everything.

A full wipe is:

1. Wipe data/system

2. Wipe cache

3. Wipe ext

4. Wipe Davlik cache

thanks a lot man. One last thing. So, do I start with the Full Wipe and then install the ROM?

Guest skinnypupp

It seems the official update is coming this weekend. I guess I'll use it for now, and wait for Paul to do a custom rom based on it instead, if I decide to go with a custom rom after all. Thanks for your help though, I think those instructions are very good.