MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest EmDzej
Anyone else experiencing slow market and missing paid apps tab?

Market is running smooth, maybe missing paid apps have something in common with network location bug?

Guest ritdaw
Market is running smooth, maybe missing paid apps have something in common with network location bug?

No idea, quite frustrating, oh well I don't need anything new right now. Will let it settle overnight and see if anything changes....

Guest ZiCoN

Can't setup a mail account... Get a white screen where it says "choose mail provider" Can't choose anything.. just white..

Anyone else?

Guest nollie

I'm on Virgin UK and can't get a 3G/HSDPA signal at all, though 4 bars are shown I can't connect to the Internet. After searching for networks I cannot see Virgin though does automatically go with T-Mobile which may be normal.

I'm not sure if I am doing something incorrectly, but as far as it seems this is the extent of manually setting APN's. Any ideas?

Guest stueeee

All seems stable to me - THANKS Paul

Only issue is network location which causes Weather Widget and Google Maps to not be able to find location. Paul said this is fixed in next build so it will be all good then!

I certainly prefer the % battery to show (Like the Pays ROM) - this would be a nice option in the kitchen if possible please.

Guest ritdaw
Anyone else experiencing slow market and missing paid apps tab?

Fixed! Just cleared the market cache and sprung back into life...

Guest keleko

Hi Paul,

Is there any chance of getting the vanilla lock screen instead of the sense one? I find this one doesn't unlock in my pocket

Guest StuMcBill

For some reason I keep getting "Installation Failed" when I try and install Handcent SMS?

Anyone else getting this?

Stu

Guest ZiCoN
For some reason I keep getting "Installation Failed" when I try and install Handcent SMS?

Anyone else getting this?

Stu

Just installed Handcent with no issues...

Guest StuMcBill
Just installed Handcent with no issues...

I think there might be some left-over remnants from my previous install, but I wiped everything before installing.

Is there anything I can do?

Guest Paulo Nobrega
If I drop down to launcher2 when clicking on the phone icon I get "application is not installed on your phone".

same happens to me...

but on sense, on location im having none of the reported problems...

Guest The_IMF
But.. there is GMail included :/

Why the hell did I think it wasn't?? Sod that. I'm downloading now! Froyo here I come! I hope links from browser to phone works!! :)

Guest FatherD
Apologies, missed out uploading one of the (rather important) packages to the kitchen, should be fixed now! :)

P

BUG:

Excellent rom Paul .. as usual! But .. one thing seems to be missing, I have baked a rom in the kitchen, but Google Maps seem to be missing!

Wipe and re-flash sorted that one!

edit: Market not showing some paid apps too!?

Edited by FatherD

Guest ourfear

just flashed r4

phone dead 2 times..

first, i removed the big clock widget and want to add a small htc widget to desktop... phone dead after enter the widget list window... can't press power button, can't press any thing... pull out battery to get it working again

then, i use root explorer to install burt14 maps, after installed, i run map, it appear then disappear, so i go to settings / application to uninstall it, when i enter the application list, it said com.xxx.settings error... and same problem as first time... i pull out battery...

after reboot, the phone working fine until now (30 minutes)... i will report bug if i find more... i only install few applications.. a book reader, gtask, pure calendar widget, burt14 map... and yes, i removed most unwanted component when i baking rom.

two request:

1. is there a way to set auto brightness be lower light? current setting is too light... i like the setting in r21.. saves battery and my eye

2. could you add a black wallpaper ? i like the black wallpaer in launcher pro, but i dont know how to bake it to rom

anyway.. thx paul for your hard work !!

Guest martyn028
Deets after second boot with everything selected in the kitchen... pretty decent on the free space front!

P

cleanbootr4.png

Cheers Paul Nice Work Mate have a nice weekend :)

Guest fooX

-> Newly added APNs do not appear on the list untill reboot.

works fine for me, no reboot. instant access after creating new APN

-> I'm gonna wait a week for the bugs to be ironed out and Gmail app! Can't live without my gmail!!

i'm not sure which probs you got with the gmail app.

it works fine for me, two accounts, calender syncing etc etc...

->Does the Gallery have the option to upload to Picasa?

even 2.1 had that, right? so, yes it does have the option.

-> The only issue I have is the location issue. Other than that everything is smooth as silk!

agree, thats the only problem i see so far

-> Excellent rom Paul .. as usual! But .. one thing seems to be missing, I have baked a rom in the kitchen, but Google Maps seem to be missing!

I baked one 2 hours ago, gmaps is on it and works fine.

Guest StuMcBill

Just done a fresh flash, and I still can't install Handcent?

Very strange, I am going to bake a new row tomorrow and do a complete format of my SD card.

Stewart