MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tk1978
Hi I'm new here but I used your 2.1 ROM for the desire and loved it so I signed up to use the kitchen and got 2.2, I'm just wondering why Chrome to phone isn't in this ROM? Sorry if its already been addressed.

chrome to phone is an extra app so just install it. afaik it was in no modaco rom till yet

here is the link:

http://code.google.com/p/chrometophone/downloads/list

Guest Kushan

Does anyone's HTC Sense keep crashing? I'm not sure if it's crashing, but if I am using an app or unlock the phone, I sometimes get the white background with the HTC logo and the homescreen has to load up again. It only takes a few seconds, but it still gets a bit annoying.

Guest le_lutin
Does anyone's HTC Sense keep crashing? I'm not sure if it's crashing, but if I am using an app or unlock the phone, I sometimes get the white background with the HTC logo and the homescreen has to load up again. It only takes a few seconds, but it still gets a bit annoying.

I had this once today. Can't remember what caused it to happen though.

Guest manesha
I now have R5 refresh. I cant sync or mount sd-card or do anything. It's only connected through debuggable-mode when I connect my phone to a computer :/.

Yep just baked and installed a fresh r5 rom and got the same...I didn't wipe...should I have?

Edited by manesha

Guest Surfinette

Yes it did sometimes, but I can't remember with which baked rom it happened (I did too much baking in the last few days :angry: )

Did you try to do a wipe from R4 to R5 before install? Because I just did and it solved certain of the issues I met previously, such as the USB to PC bug

Guest le_lutin

On the latest r5, is there an issue with the RAM?

I was on stock 2.1 before and I used Opera quite a lot. Any time I launched opera after having not used it for a while it would still be in memory, but with r5, even just using handcent for a while and then going back to opera, opera has to be lauched again from scratch. Anyone else noticed this?

Also, in the normal browser (not opera), is it just me or is the scrolling not as smooth as with 2.1? I have plugins set to on demand, so it's not a flash issue.

Not complaining at all btw!

Guest Jagdish

What happend to the alarm clock?! (on R5 build) it seems that HTCs screen where i should have wipe down to stop the alarm is gone in favour of a lil box with dismiss and snooze in it...kindda liked it :\

Guest dedreiix
I´ll give it a try. Thank you mate.

I tried it today just do disable debug mode when charging the phone in the car. But it still unmounts the SD Card... I have no idea what I could do to stop this.

I improved for a while by doing this: Adding an Exdended Control Widget for USB Mass Storage. Plug the phone in, then activate the Mass Storage and disable it. Then it works. That´s okay for the moment but it would be really nice if it would work as on the 2.1 ROMs before..

Guest GanjBass

Possible to install HTC sync after flash the rom....

Because all my contacts are saved to pc...:angry: And the newer version didnt have the htcsync.

And i have to synchronize.

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Possible to install HTC sync after flash the rom....

Because all my contacts are saved to pc...:angry: And the newer version didnt have the htcsync.

And i have to synchronize.

I think its posted all around this thread that htc sync is included in R5.. Not an option.. It's included!!!!

Guest Morsdyce

I'm having issues with the camcorder still when i installed r4 and even when upgraded to r5 today, had full wipes of everything before install. Whenever i launch the video camera it loads up for a second and just closes (although it doesn't mention any FC or any type of error)

Yes, i installed the new radio with the rom so i have no idea whats wrong with it.

Everything else works fine, anyone else having the same issues?

Guest Jagdish
I'm having issues with the camcorder still when i installed r4 and even when upgraded to r5 today, had full wipes of everything before install. Whenever i launch the video camera it loads up for a second and just closes (although it doesn't mention any FC or any type of error)

Yes, i installed the new radio with the rom so i have no idea whats wrong with it.

Everything else works fine, anyone else having the same issues?

Try reflashing the radio as a stand alone zip not within the rom...

Guest Mekerz
Yep just baked and installed a fresh r5 rom and got the same...I didn't wipe...should I have?

Can confirm this problem, and I wiped before installing.

Settings -> Connect to PC -> "Ask Me" active

This results in the phone not asking which connection it should use when the USB cable is connected.

This in itself isn't the issue, the issue is that there's no option to change the connectivity mode like normal, by dragging down the notification bar and selecting the current mode it's in to change it as the option is not there. It just says "USB debugging connected", so you can't change mode.

However, with:

Settings -> Connect to PC -> "Ask Me" inactive

Then the option to change the connection mode appears in the notification bar.

Guest Surfinette
QUOTE(klutsh @ Jul 18 2010, 18:06) *

Weather being cleared on SD Mount & unMount.

I experience the same (small) annoyance

Other bugs (or strange behavior to me):

- 2 items in the phone setting list are not translated into French (although I don't really care because I understand English :angry: ). These are "Sound" and "Display" (below Call and above Accounts & sync)

- How can we get the HTC wallpapers? For instance, if I change to another one, how do I get back to the default wallpaper (the one that is present after a fresh install)? In the Wallpapers list, HTC Wallpapers is void...

- I can't send SMS anymore, all my messages are now MMS by default (with the HTC messaging system). How can I send SMS?

Guest Mekerz
I experience the same (small) annoyance

Other bugs (or strange behavior to me):

- 2 items in the phone setting list are not translated into French (although I don't really care because I understand English :angry: ). These are "Sound" and "Display" (below Call and above Accounts & sync)

- How can we get the HTC wallpapers? For instance, if I change to another one, how do I get back to the default wallpaper (the one that is present after a fresh install)? In the Wallpapers list, HTC Wallpapers is void...

- I can't send SMS anymore, all my messages are now MMS by default (with the HTC messaging system). How can I send SMS?

For the translation issue, try installing More Locale 2 from the Market and setting it to French and rebooting the phone.

HTC Wallpapers - looks like they're missing. Paul - these were in the 2.06 leak I believe, as the AdamG ROM based on 2.06 has them. Could you look into this?

They should still be SMS, the paper clip attachment icon is just for attaching media/items, so if you don't attach anything, they'll be SMS. I think this is what you're getting confused with.

Guest Jagdish
Can confirm this problem, and I wiped before installing.

Settings -> Connect to PC -> "Ask Me" active

This results in the phone not asking which connection it should use when the USB cable is connected.

This in itself isn't the issue, the issue is that there's no option to change the connectivity mode like normal, by dragging down the notification bar and selecting the current mode it's in to change it as the option is not there. It just says "USB debugging connected", so you can't change mode.

However, with:

Settings -> Connect to PC -> "Ask Me" inactive

Then the option to change the connection mode appears in the notification bar.

Seems to be a problem with latest 2.06 kernel, if youll bake your rom with R4 kernel itll be just fine, youll have to wipe thou :\

Guest MacCarron

I think there still might be problems with the market on r5..some apps I can download and install just fine, others will report installation failed..for example I can't install Google Sky Map :angry:

Guest Morsdyce
Try reflashing the radio as a stand alone zip not within the rom...

Just tried that, it worked for about 15 seconds until it decided to crash again :\

It switched to 720p\h264 just fine too.

Guest MacCarron
I think there still might be problems with the market on r5..some apps I can download and install just fine, others will report installation failed..for example I can't install Google Sky Map :D

Ok i'll have to quote myself because i found a solution over @ xda..for some weird reasons, unmounting the sd, installing google sky map and remounting the sd works perfectly :angry:

Guest ciairo

This happens to me too. Sometimes Sense crashes with no apparent reason.

Guest Jagdish
Just tried that, it worked for about 15 seconds until it decided to crash again :\

It switched to 720p\h264 just fine too.

you have to reflash the rom after the radio update...thatll take care of it for sure...

Guest arielext

leaked build and all but this is by far the best froyo rom for the desire users battery wise.

Kudo's to all that are a part of this rom

Edited by arielext

Guest klutsh
Ok i'll have to quote myself because i found a solution over @ xda..for some weird reasons, unmounting the sd, installing google sky map and remounting the sd works perfectly :angry:

Look over my posts, I posted a fix that allows skymaps to install with SD mounted, also fix's MovetoSD