MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest klutsh
How can I install contacts.apk that I took off of the r3.1 ROM ? I read somewhere about having it signed or something but can't find that info anywhere now. Also, when I click on phone on the main page, it takes me to my sim contacts plus a few facebook contacts, I wanna get rid of the facebook contacts but it won't give me the option of deleting them.

Any suggestions?

You probably can't, you need to look at one from a 2.2 rom.

Guest Entreated
Hello

I install Rom and have Problem Titanium Backup.

" Sorry, I could not acquire root privileges. This application will "not" work ! Please verify that your ROM ist rooted and includes Busy Box, and try again "

Please Help, THX

I always get this problem, just click the 'Problems?' button and it fixes all your problems believe it or not.

Anyone else getting the constant syncing icon? I'm sure its draining the battery.

you need to bake friendstream into your rom...

Edited by DomP

Guest dodolom
Any AOSP or N1 port should have it.

Ok, I found one that was in the DeFrost ROM but I must be doing something wrong obviously because I couldn't get it to install again.

So, I downloaded the DeFrost ROM and below in the image you will see the layout. What do I do now? Do I just drag the contacts.apk and put it in my SD Card and install it with an apk installer? Because I tried that and it doesn't work.

post-719178-1279566500_thumb.png

Edited by dodolom

Guest scudd

Great Rom, was never really gonna flash by Desire until i saw this forum. Very easy and quick to do, the only thing im having problems with is setCPU, is there a way to use it with this ROM? I have Juicedefender working and can limit the CPU from that but i prefer setCPU and its profiles. If anyone has a guide on how to install setCPU and get it working on this 2.2 Rom that would be a great help.

Guest Entreated

'3G Watchdog' working for anyone on this Rom or 2.2 in general?

Doesn't go up value while connected.

'Net Counter' on the other hand works but '3G Watchdog' was more accurate, so just out of curiosity anyone tried it?

Guest mangoon
Hi there,

Having an issue with images taken using the camera. The images are viewable on the phone but when you plug the phone into a computer the pictures aren't shown in windows explorer (they definately are still on the phone though).

Could their be a permissions not being set issue as I've encountered similar things with Linux before where you have to set permissions on files correctly to be viewable in windows.

Had same problem once. reformat solved it.

Guest absinthemeninded
'3G Watchdog' working for anyone on this Rom or 2.2 in general?

Doesn't go up value while connected.

'Net Counter' on the other hand works but '3G Watchdog' was more accurate, so just out of curiosity anyone tried it?

Working without any problems for me - Had to wipe to cure a few gremlins though.

Guest Wovchik
Working without any problems for me - Had to wipe to cure a few gremlins though.

is Working for me, too but with out Wipe from r4 to r5

Guest Kushan

So far the only issues I'm having are the Sense homescreen crashing/restarting and the Wireless randomly dropping out/disconnecting. The only way to get wireless back is to turn it off and back on again.

Guest Diggedy
Hi there,

Having an issue with images taken using the camera. The images are viewable on the phone but when you plug the phone into a computer the pictures aren't shown in windows explorer (they definately are still on the phone though).

Could their be a permissions not being set issue as I've encountered similar things with Linux before where you have to set permissions on files correctly to be viewable in windows.

thank god. I thought this was a problem with my pc. I formatted but it came back. I have to remove my memory card to view them

Guest klutsh
Ok, I found one that was in the DeFrost ROM but I must be doing something wrong obviously because I couldn't get it to install again.

So, I downloaded the DeFrost ROM and below in the image you will see the layout. What do I do now? Do I just drag the contacts.apk and put it in my SD Card and install it with an apk installer? Because I tried that and it doesn't work.

You will need to remove the HTCContacts app, then it will install, however on 2.2 you will start to get FC's from ContactsProvider.apk

I did start work on porting this, but the FC's were proving to be a constant pain.

Also you can't just take a ContactsProvider from a AOSP rom, it won't work.

Guest scudd
I am loosing 1% battery every 2-3 minutes while surfing the net on wlan with R5..

Same for others?

I am getting that too. In the stock rom it was draining fast on 3g but now that's fine and wlan is draining faster

Edited by scudd

Guest dodolom
You will need to remove the HTCContacts app, then it will install, however on 2.2 you will start to get FC's from ContactsProvider.apk

I did start work on porting this, but the FC's were proving to be a constant pain.

thanks.

how about this, is it possible to get PEOPLE app when you press the PHONE on the main screen, instead of whatever is the default that comes up when you press PHONE.

Guest mmorselli

I have extract Contacts.apk from last CyanoGen for Desire and simply puts on /system via signed update.zip ... Seems work fine, but I still have R4. You are speaking about R5 or all 2.2 Desire MCR have some problems ?

Guest dodolom
I have extract Contacts.apk from last CyanoGen for Desire and simply puts on /system via signed update.zip ... Seems work fine, but I still have R4. You are speaking about R5 or all 2.2 Desire MCR have some problems ?

I am on R5 but would love to try your method. can you just upload the file that needs to be put in the phone's system to somewhere? Rapidshare, mediafire, etc...Also, can you tell me where exactly it needs to be placed, or do I just flash it?

Thnx