Guest domaboul
For those with the 'USB connect not popping up', try this via ADB:

adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.htc.android.psclient

adb shell reboot

And see how that works out for ya.

P

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

rm: can't remove '/data/data/com.htc.android.psclient': No such file or directory

don't work :-(

We've been battling a major DNS outage all day, should be gradually coming back now.

P

Ah, just cleared the cache in mozilla, then it works!

Baking now :angry:

Edited by Exlo

Guest DiscoHero
No, vibrate at shutdown is still there.

We've been battling a major DNS outage all day, should be gradually coming back now.

P

I love vibrate on shutdown :D I would like it to always remain an option in the future even if taken out of the core ROM. Thanks :angry:

Guest Epedemic
For those with the 'USB connect not popping up', try this via ADB:

adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.htc.android.psclient

adb shell reboot

And see how that works out for ya.

P

Did absolutely nothing... No errors though...

Guest Vince Scott
Those lucky enough to bake and flash. Could you comment on your battery usage? Mine is abysmal as per previous posts.

i've upgraded to r5 but have mostly had it connected via USB cable to computer all afternoon, what i have observed though is that the loadavg seems unreasonably high while top shows little actually running on the CPU. loadavg is 1.00 1.38 1.98.

Also, not sure how accurate SetCPU is, or what effect it might be having but i can see the clock speed continually flipping between 245 and 998MHz. which seems a little odd to me.

I might try and wipe and re-flash, see if that makes any difference.

does wipe touch/delete anything on the SD card (ext3/vfat) ?

(found an answer here clockwork recovery options )

Edited by Vince Scott

Guest dbdkmezz

I've just flashed the latest version, all looks great so far :angry:

But I've got a bug, the Sound menu in the settings won't load, when I choose it I get the error:

The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try again.

All the others settings menus seem to work fine, but I've not checked very thoroughly

By the way, I've done a clean wipe, but then restored a load of stuff with Titanium, so there could be something dodgy in there. Also, the ROM I cooked up doesn't have Rosie (many other changes, but AFAIK that's the only major thing I removed).

Cheers for the great ROMs! :D

Guest Dempier

'USB connect not popping up' - same for me. Cant manually change the USB state in settings too. adb commands didn't do anything.

Trackball wake didn't work for me, re-flashing the zip provided a few pages back.

Really sorry Paul. I'm an idiot. I didn't bake trackball wake in the first time. Sorry.

Guest subvertbeats

But I've got a bug, the Sound menu in the settings won't load, when I choose it I get the error:

The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try again.

All the others settings menus seem to work fine, but I've not checked very thoroughly

By the way, I've done a clean wipe, but then restored a load of stuff with Titanium, so there could be something dodgy in there. Also, the ROM I cooked up doesn't have Rosie (many other changes, but AFAIK that's the only major thing I removed).

Just FYI, no such issues here....what did you flash from?

Guest harolds5

Restore system items with caution, I have had problems in the past, which caused strange problems with the phone.

I would try reflashing, restore only your apps and data, and make sure phone still works correctly, then restore (one at a time) system item backups, checking to make sure the phone works as expected between each item.

Guest Vince Scott
only slight problem is the new much mentioned A2SD feature in froyo appears to be rebooting the phone, anyone else have a quick comment about that before i go trawling through the previous hundred pages on the topic?

well, i wiped and re-installed everything working fine now. merrily moving apps to SD.

Guest EddyOS

Anyone seem to be on a constant sync on the latest refresh?

EDIT: Don't worry, my fault - took FriendStream out and it went a bit mad...put it back in and left the widget out as I don't use it...

Edited by EddyOS

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain

Just to add my voice to the hubbub. flashed early, before the site disappeared and have so far noticed zero problems except the reversed "Ask Me" when connecting to a computer. have not noticed my battery level dropping faster than usual (and I have installed the circle battery so I see every % point).

Just as an aside, would it not be useful if the baking process produced some sort of code that we could post that would show which options we picked, that way if any component or group of components were acting up they would show up as all having the same "markers" in their "DNA". This is not a problem for most rom chefs as they only do set prebakes, but it might be helpful to Paul and others like him, who offer us options.

Guest liamstears

only thing stopping me paying and using kitchen is that I hate slide down to answer, we need default android slide left/right :-(

Guest lamdin
Changelog

r5 WIP refresh

[*]Added Trackpad Wake to kitchen (thanks burst)

[*]Updated vold to FRF91 version to resolve Froyo A2SD / app install issues (thanks klutsh)

[*]Fixed Launcher2 phone application association

[*]Fixed FM Radio widget

[*]Fixed News widget

Hello Paul

Did you omit the Hebrew support from r5? Can't find it anymore at the kitchen...

Thanks for a great job...

Saul

Guest persko
I can't download any ROM here =(

You need to bake it, select the options you want in your rom, and press the oven icon with the word "BAKE"

Per

Guest Entreated

Online Kitchen offline?

Won't load for me for some reason, have tried on phone and on computer with no luck, have also asked a friend to try with no luck..