MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Diange

I just rooted my phone and they said i should try out r5 Modaco rom, but i dont see a download link on the forum, does this mean i have to be premium to download this build or am i just blind

I just rooted my phone and they said i should try out r5 Modaco rom, but i dont see a download link on the forum, does this mean i have to be premium to download this build or am i just blind

the prebakes are not ready yet! sign up for ad free account to bake

Guest klutsh

Your blind!!

This was answered not 3 posts before yours... and is mentioned in the very first post.

Cmon's people, at least look as if you read SOME posts, or use the search button.

As for the suggestion of a FAQ, it's pointless, you will still get people asking as like the guy above, they don't read ANY posts.

@Paul, maybe a nice BIG

NO PUBLIC PREBAKES AVAILABLE UNTIL OUT OF WIP

Right at the very first post may help, although I'm sure some people wont even read that.

Edited by klutsh

Guest DiscoHero

Had to go to DeFrost 2.4a 800mV for battery life. I love this ROM ... stable, almost no bugs, fast and great on free space ... but I can't seem to get decent battery life out of it. I am always drained by 8pm if I don't plugin even with life usage (WiFi and GPS off, FB refresh off, no Flickr/FriendStream refreshes ... just two main email accounts and gtalk mostly plus some calls with extremely light browsing [under 30 mins]).

Guest pawel.mrk

My phone seems to work slower compare to 2.1 :/ Typing the text message is bit annoying with very small delays every few seconds. Is it just me or anybody else have similar problem? I wiped out everything before I put the new ROM to the phone.

Another thing is my phone loosing signal sometimes, this never happened with 2.1. Worst thing is - it won't establish connection back until I switch the plane mode on and then off.

Guest klutsh

@everyone with poor battery life, what hboot are you running?

I run a 0.80 hboot and have no problems hitting 24 hours between charges.

I also dont run APPS2SD+ maybe the SDCard access it killing battery, as I know the bin/vold isn't perfect.

Edited by klutsh

I also dont run APPS2SD+ maybe the SDCard access it killing battery, as I know the bin/vold isn't perfect.

I am also running 0.8 hboot, with APPS2SD+, and I have no issues with battery life...

Guest Bol2riz

As far as I know I was 0.75 how can I double check?

I think about A2SD too but this issue is really since Froyo, it had been solved for a while with Defrost but I'm not sure it still ok.

I'm trying my backups to check which one was ok.

How to check HBOOT?

Edited by Bol2riz

Guest Jagdish

Running HBOOT 0.75 with A2SD+ and hittin 30+ hrs easily as well, with moderate to sometimes heavy usage.

Edited by Jagdish

Guest DiscoHero

I am also on 0.80 hboot and no APPS2SD+ (only Froyo's and moved a couple of apps that I use rarely and that actually support it). I tried a few other ROMs (OpenDesire, DJ Droid and Cyanogenmod) all produced similarly poor battery life with the exception of DeFrost 2.1 and above that seems to be better or at least on par with the times I was getting with MoDaCo 3.1 ROMs. Last refresh went through 20% in less than 2 hours, for me, and I didn't even make a single call, use wifi, browse etc all that with phone nearly always on standby (screen off) all the time. Every other re-flash I get 100 to 90 pct bug ... sometimes when re-flashing the same ROM ... perhaps, my Desire is just weird :angry:

Guest Bol2riz
I am also on 0.80 hboot and no APPS2SD+ (only Froyo's and moved a couple of apps that I use rarely and that actually support it). I tried a few other ROMs (OpenDesire, DJ Droid and Cyanogenmod) all produced similarly poor battery life with the exception of DeFrost 2.1 and above that seems to be better or at least on par with the times I was getting with MoDaCo 3.1 ROMs. Last refresh went through 20% in less than 2 hours, for me, and I didn't even make a single call, use wifi, browse etc all that with phone nearly always on standby (screen off) all the time. Every other re-flash I get 100 to 90 pct bug ... sometimes when re-flashing the same ROM ... perhaps, my Desire is just weird :angry:

Same here.

I'm going to try my defrost 2.1 backup with old radio and then with the latest one to check if something change.

Guest DiscoHero
HBOOT 0.80 here with well over 36hrs battery life

I envy your battery life! What are your settings?

I have two gmail accounts pushed (both for work so a must) plus gtalk on nearly the time. Weather on 6hr/manual, twicca on 1hr/manual, news off, FB off (not even sure if its installed) so nothing else is syncing in the background. WiFi off. GPS off. 3G on. Auto brightness. No widgets besides weather (Google default) and power control widget. Flash off when browsing. Ringer on 75ish pct. Nothing else running in the background.

Guest ferryrich
I envy your battery life! What are your settings?

I have two gmail accounts pushed (both for work so a must) plus gtalk on nearly the time. Weather on 6hr/manual, twicca on 1hr/manual, news off, FB off (not even sure if its installed) so nothing else is syncing in the background. WiFi off. GPS off. 3G on. Auto brightness. No widgets besides weather (Google default) and power control widget. Flash off when browsing. Ringer on 75ish pct. Nothing else running in the background.

Those 2 there would cause battery drain.

Granted you need mobile network for your work email, but most of the time Auto Brightness is FAR too bright.

Have it on Auto while you're out and about, but set it on a lower manual setting when you're indoors.

Most of the day mine is between 9% and 15% and the battery lasts for 40hours without any particular care.

Just flashed this, i have done them before fine. Phone turned on, No network connection. Would not recognise micro sd card.

Went to go into recovery. selected recovery option then on computer selected recovery windows. and it just closes. i cant get into nandroid to restore. i cannot do anything. can you help? thank you

Just flashed this, i have done them before fine. Phone turned on, No network connection. Would not recognise micro sd card.

Went to go into recovery. selected recovery option then on computer selected recovery windows. and it just closes. i cant get into nandroid to restore. i cannot do anything. can you help? thank you

not sure what you mean but try to wipe everything on your phone

Regarding battery consumption , you can try to wipe battery data in recovery .

How is r5 in terms of speed compared to r4 ? Any noticeable differences to worth upgrading ?

Guest elkim
Your blind!!

This was answered not 3 posts before yours... and is mentioned in the very first post.

Cmon's people, at least look as if you read SOME posts, or use the search button.

As for the suggestion of a FAQ, it's pointless, you will still get people asking as like the guy above, they don't read ANY posts.

@Paul, maybe a nice BIG

NO PUBLIC PREBAKES AVAILABLE UNTIL OUT OF WIP

Right at the very first post may help, although I'm sure some people wont even read that.

I get this, but why can't he/someone post a WIP rom baked in the online kitchen? Although I want to support Modaco, I don't want to pay for a premium account to get a mod that may or may not work.

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain
I get this, but why can't he/someone post a WIP rom baked in the online kitchen? Although I want to support Modaco, I don't want to pay for a premium account to get a mod that may or may not work.

That kind of attitude will NOT make you popular around here.