MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sxi-boy

Thnx alot for the advise. Hav now updated the baseband. One more issue is that i cant get on the internet unless on wifi. But i can txt n phone people. Any ideas?

Guest tinyk
Firdt off, great ROM Paul...loving it so far...

Not sure if this is a ROM issue or not. One issue though, with the alarm clock....which i use every morning. Problem is that when the alarm goes off, and i unlock the screen, the "Snooze/Dismiss" window is not there, so there no way to turn off the alarm, except to power down??

As a test, i tried it with the screen unlocked, and the window appears.

Any chance someone could do a quick test for me, to see if its just me, or a general issue.

If you read back about 20 pages its been done in detail but basically its a problem with having htc xxx and android xxx they seem to clash, cant remember the two things without reading back myself but you have two choices, add a non standard free-ware alarm from the market, or search this thread for the exact two components that cause your clash and bake another rom with the right choices.

sorry its not exact but at least you have an idea of why its happening.

Guest sxi-boy

I have the internet working. Dunno what happened. Turned phone off and then on. Also put airplane mode on and then off. It just suddenly started working. Loving 2.2.

Thanks alot for all the help and advice!! :(

Guest GryZor2010
If you read back about 20 pages its been done in detail but basically its a problem with having htc xxx and android xxx they seem to clash, cant remember the two things without reading back myself but you have two choices, add a non standard free-ware alarm from the market, or search this thread for the exact two components that cause your clash and bake another rom with the right choices.

sorry its not exact but at least you have an idea of why its happening.

Cool, thnx

Guest EroThraX
Firdt off, great ROM Paul...loving it so far...

Not sure if this is a ROM issue or not. One issue though, with the alarm clock....which i use every morning. Problem is that when the alarm goes off, and i unlock the screen, the "Snooze/Dismiss" window is not there, so there no way to turn off the alarm, except to power down??

As a test, i tried it with the screen unlocked, and the window appears.

Any chance someone could do a quick test for me, to see if its just me, or a general issue.

If you are using the stock Android lockscreen you need the stock android alarm clock from the kitchen.

Guest Gozno
I have trouble with market. I'm using "automatic update" on most apps. but on some apps It doesnt seam to work. it starts the download but halts. I usually solve this with cancel download, and manually update. But som apps I'm unable to cancel. market just FC. this includes ROM Manager.

I solved my own problem with longpress -> cancel. insted of pressing the button.

Guest ianm2k4

Just installed this on an Orange Branded Desire. It had Build 1.15.61.10 Baseband 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11 installed before, It now has this r5 with Baseband 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08 without having to purchase an unlock code. So it can be done. Used Amon-RA 1.7.0.1 installed using Unrevoked3. Put the radio on first then the rom.

Oh and the weather app is working.. Wonder how long that will last :(

Very happy. Now to play...

Edited by ianm2k4

Guest spammyspam

Nice rom! Some issues:

Charging dismounts the SD card (and turns on USB debugging).

Battery drains super fast. A full battery will give me approx 14 hours of standby.

HTC IME MOD crashes.

Does the prebake come with trackpad wake?

Edited by spammyspam

Guest moin339

I have a problem with "date formating". Jorte, my calendar application shows only "1", "2", "3" for Mo, Di, Mi (Mon, Thu, Wed in german) . "3G Watchdog" shows "1, 2010 7 25" instead of "So, 25.07.2010". So I think its a general android/modaco problem. I did a full wipe before flashing brebake without additions. Do you know where the problem is? I'm using android in german...

post-712205-1280015396_thumb.png

post-712205-1280015402_thumb.png

Guest avreen

Installed it last night. .. also installed gallery 3d.apk but after a while I realize my messages as well as handcent were not showing any profile pics.... I think they were there initially not sure ...please help I need this... the conversation lists look quite bland without profile pics ...anybody please

Edited by avreen

Guest Pradi
I have a problem with "date formating". Jorte, my calendar application shows only "1", "2", "3" for Mo, Di, Mi (Mon, Thu, Wed in german) . "3G Watchdog" shows "1, 2010 7 25" instead of "So, 25.07.2010". So I think its a general android/modaco problem. I did a full wipe before flashing brebake without additions. Do you know where the problem is? I'm using android in german...

Seems to be the Same issue by me, shown in Post Nr 2383, one Page before, Calendar App "Smooth Calendar" and "Jorte" has the Same problems.

Guest pd555
Does the prebake come with trackpad wake?

No it doesn't I added it myself from XDA however I don't like the fact it disables the on button to turn it on. You have to use the trackpad. So I might find out how to take it off. I also installed the circle battery mod and coloured icons which is quite cool. I think the battery is draining quite quickly but need to use for a full day first to decide. I have cleared the battery stats in recovery to see if that helps.

A question for you experts. I DIDN'T install the radio first. It's on 4.something but all seems well. Should I install it now? If so where from?

Guest yeeeekkk

Hi all,

I managed to get my phone rooted with unrevoked3. Did a titanium backup and also a nandroid backup. The when I flash the r5 modaco rom from recovery the phone is just stuck at the white htc boot screen. What should i do now. Pull out the battery?? Restore and try other roms?

Pls help. Thanks.

Guest CaspaTheGhost
Hi Paul, i've been using r5 with online kitchen for a few days, and everything is good, but i've found today, that i couldn't connect my car's bluetooth, its always asked for the code. I've tried "0000" and "1234" but it didn't work. On the other side, it connected with my Nexus One smoothly without the code

any solutions?

Try 1111...

Guest ianm2k4
Hi all,

I managed to get my phone rooted with unrevoked3. Did a titanium backup and also a nandroid backup. The when I flash the r5 modaco rom from recovery the phone is just stuck at the white htc boot screen. What should i do now. Pull out the battery?? Restore and try other roms?

Pls help. Thanks.

I had this.. Just go back into recovery and do a wipe and factory reset. All will be well.

Guest yeeeekkk
I had this.. Just go back into recovery and do a wipe and factory reset. All will be well.

did u use unrevoked too? ok will try. thanks

Guest pd555

Me too, this is what I did and it was fine.

Be careful when restoring settings with Titanium as I did this and ended up starting again as this caused Sense to keep FC. Maybe restore one at a time to find out what exactly is breaking it. Apps were mostly ok but some won't work (like F1 Android in my case)

Guest ianm2k4
did u use unrevoked too? ok will try. thanks

Yep used Unrevoked3 but downloaded the Amon RA recovery to use instead of Clockwork.

Guest sudeki300

i know it does not say this or i cannot see it listed but does this need a radio install also like the other roms on xda sorry i'm a noob as you can tell.......................sudeki300

Guest yeeeekkk
Yep used Unrevoked3 but downloaded the Amon RA recovery to use instead of Clockwork.

thanks. Finally managed to install this rom. However, i still can't get a2sd+ which is the version i install. under the manage applications the option of move to sd is not lighted up for pressing. Any work around. Thanks.

Reaally need a2sd. that's why i rooted.

Guest Noonski
i know it does not say this or i cannot see it listed but does this need a radio install also like the other roms on xda sorry i'm a noob as you can tell.......................sudeki300

Yes you need to upgrade the radio to one of the two latests ones. (32.41 or 32.42)

thanks. Finally managed to install this rom. However, i still can't get a2sd+ which is the version i install. under the manage applications the option of move to sd is not lighted up for pressing. Any work around. Thanks.

Reaally need a2sd. that's why i rooted.

A2SD+ will not have effect on move 2 SD function.

Check properties of "\System\SD" folder in Astro file explorer, install apps then check again.

If the folder loses space A2SD+ is working and apps are installed to Ext3 partition.

Move 2 SD is only for Froyo Native A2SD and that sucks anyway.

Edited by Noonski

Guest yeeeekkk
Yes you need to upgrade the radio to one of the two latests ones. (32.41 or 32.42)

A2SD+ will not have effect on move 2 SD function.

Check properties of "\System\SD" folder in Astro file explorer, install apps then check again.

If the folder loses space A2SD+ is working and apps are installed to Ext3 partition.

Move 2 SD is only for Froyo Native A2SD and that sucks anyway.

Checked that folder but its only 4096 bytes?? Install apps and no change in its size.

Any help?

Thanks

Guest Noonski
Checked that folder but its only 4096 bytes?? Install apps and no change in its size.

Any help?

Thanks

http://androidandme.com/2009/08/news/how-t...ndroid-apps2sd/

Check these instructions up to step 3 and the print command to see/post the partitions order and sizes.

IF you baked in A2SD+ and that folder doesn't have the size of your Ext3 partition then you might need to repartition.

Edited by Noonski