MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dchuraman
Is there anyway to get the "Hide Keyboard" option back on this ROM?

im not sure but i think you get that functionality with the HTC_IME mod, as i have the option on my KB, but other people might correct me on that

Guest zeroprobe
Hi,

You can use the "back" button on phone.

Regards

Roy

It's in a much more awkward position. I much preferred it on the bottom left where at the moment there is no button there and just says EN.

I had the HTC_IME checked on the kitchen but I don't have the Hide Keyboard button.

Guest dchuraman
It's in a much more awkward position. I much preferred it on the bottom left where at the moment there is no button there and just says EN.

I had the HTC_IME checked on the kitchen but I don't have the Hide Keyboard button.

i think you have to hold press on a text input field and then select the input method there

edit: also, my option to change method didnt appear until after a reboot

Edited by dchuraman

Guest mmeikelinen
Anyone else having freezing issues? Where the phone becomes non-responsive and you have to pull the battery?

It has happened for me few times when I tried to install something from market. Download works but when installation starts it freezes. It doesn't happen for all software so I was assuming that the sw is not froyo compatible.

Guest afiorillo
This ROM is working great, the only complaint is about music playback not resuming automatically after a phone call, nor even after a Google Navigation voice prompt.

I flashed the fixes with the console.

Another glitch: home widgets sometimes seem to "duplicate" themselves, removing one requires doing it twice.

And the music stops playing after a simple notification sound too.

I flashed this ROM after a full wipe.

Edited by afiorillo

Guest ernest33

Very good rom Mr Paul :-) [bow]Thanks a lot[/bow]

I have only one problem. My Desire can't get geolocation :-/

Anyone know a solution to solve that :)

Ernest33

Guest Jannik Nielsen
Very good rom Mr Paul :-) [bow]Thanks a lot[/bow]

I have only one problem. My Desire can't get geolocation :-/

Anyone know a solution to solve that :)

Ernest33

read this thread...

its a known problem

Guest bbawden

Nice one Paul, I like it.

I do seem to have a problem where I can't send MMS messages. Anyone know how to fix that? I'm on Orange UK.

Thanks

Guest r5ingh

Hi all,

I rooted my desire last week and am pretty happy with MCR 3.1, can anyone direct me as to what's the best way to upgrade to this rom or revert to 3.1 without having the hassle of re-installing my ~200 or so apps? I made a backup with my backup pro, but should I backup with the "apps with data" option?? Some input on this would be much appreciated... I just don't want to go looking for 200 apps everytime a new rom is released! Also, does nandroid backup the ext3 partition? :S

Guest Attitudes
Hi all,

I rooted my desire last week and am pretty happy with MCR 3.1, can anyone direct me as to what's the best way to upgrade to this rom or revert to 3.1 without having the hassle of re-installing my ~200 or so apps? I made a backup with my backup pro, but should I backup with the "apps with data" option?? Some input on this would be much appreciated... I just don't want to go looking for 200 apps everytime a new rom is released! Also, does nandroid backup the ext3 partition? :S

Backup "apps with data". Personal i like Titanium backup over My Backup pro.

All your apps with link to the marked should be there by doing it this way.

Guest ernest33
Hi all,

I suggest an easy way...Rom Manager (from Market) :-) (Use the backup function inside)

Guest Bol2riz
I've got that same issue as you in the past with my stock hero rom and MCR solved it.

With my stock Desire mms were working fine.

Just to precise that it's not an attack to Paul's work... We all love it here. I'm reporting an issue like other peoples do, it's not because it works for others that it will for everybody, it's still a BETA release, and it's not the first ROM I play with.

Then, because it so easy to restore backups, I use to perform full wipe each time I install a new ROM, I've done my MMS tests in an area with good coverage, apns have been set the same way than with the ROM from which MMS works.

Maybe with the next releases...

I've done trials and after a lot of stress due to a lot of hang on HTC boot screens, several nand restore,a full sd format and all wipes + restore... a final boot without SD card that solved my hang on HTC boot screen

I've reapplied the cooked rom and tada : MMS works, APN correctly and automaticly set for Virgin Mobile France...

Then I think that my Desire can't be more fresh if something goes wrong...

Then MEA CULPA

Guest r5ingh
Backup "apps with data". Personal i like Titanium backup over My Backup pro.

All your apps with link to the marked should be there by doing it this way.

I suggest an easy way...Rom Manager (from Market) :-) (Use the backup function inside)

Thanks for the response guys! I will take the plunge once the next release is out!

Guest persko

Anybody found a way to get google maps installed and working with this rom?

When I try installing from market, I just get "install failed", if I try installing

via adb, I get the following error:

pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.google.android.apps.maps.apk

Failure [iNSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE]

Per

Guest marshmellowman
worked! location (google maps, weather widget,...) is back...

thank you!

btw this totally worked for me as well. i flashed this zip and hey presto wifi-n as well as location now works fine.

so if you guys still have location issues do this!

Guest FatherD
Anybody found a way to get google maps installed and working with this rom?

When I try installing from market, I just get "install failed", if I try installing

via adb, I get the following error:

pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.google.android.apps.maps.apk

Failure [iNSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE]

Per

I had Maps missing despite including them in my bake, did a full wipe, then reapplied the same bake .. sorted!

Guest Noonski
btw this totally worked for me as well. i flashed this zip and hey presto wifi-n as well as location now works fine.

so if you guys still have location issues do this!

Hmm, you didn't get the com.htc.bgp errors?

Maybe I should have whiped.