sense reboot in modaco r5

Guest toxic-hero

Guest skaif

Hey guys, just seen this thread, I was experiencing the same problem and found if I went into spare parts and disabled everything, it seemed to do the trick...try it!!

Guest toxic-hero
Hey guys, just seen this thread, I was experiencing the same problem and found if I went into spare parts and disabled everything, it seemed to do the trick...try it!!

i looked into it, but everything is disabled already, i've never touched anything, all default settings. could you be more specific, what to disable?

Guest TheMrMay
That is because it's memory management has been modified which kills more empty apps than other apps.

I'll suggest all you guys to install AutoKiller and set the preset to 'Optimum' and try using your phones after that :(

I have this issue too (white screen, green logo), with and without AutoKiller.

However, the issue is much less frequent when I set AutoKiller to Optimum or a lower value than Optimum. A temporary fix, for a bigger issue?

i'm using 2.1 since the first offical (taiwan) rom. it's been working great for me, modaco r4 and r5 are also great, stable and smooth. the only thing that iritates me are sense fc's that i'm having now and then, once or twice a day. mostly they happen when i press back button to return back to desktop from some application (mainly android market but also others). desktop than disappears and it takes a few seconds to come back.

i installed r4 and r5 without wiping, i only wiped before flashing my first 2.1 - the official taiwan rom. i would wipe my phone again and reflash r5 if it helps. i just hesitate because it takes some time and energy to do it. does this helped anyone yet???

i know i'm not the only one with this problem and hope that somebody knows a solution for it.

Hi All

I had the same issue (Sense restart coming back from an application by using home key and i solved it this morning :

I changed :

menu / sound & display / animation / from "all" to "some"

And now, it's OK

A+

Jpq

Guest toxic-hero
Hi All

I had the same issue (Sense restart coming back from an application by using home key and i solved it this morning :

I changed :

menu / sound & display / animation / from "all" to "some"

And now, it's OK

hey, how can you say you've solved this issue after less than one day after you set that setting? also, i have this set to none but i still experience this...

Edited by toxic-hero

hey, how can you say you've solved this issue after less than one day after you set that setting? also, i have this set to none but i still experience this...

Soory,

i had this problem with villain 12, i didn(t try with mcr

A+

jpq

Guest toxic-hero
i had this problem with villain 12, i didn(t try with mcr

wait a day or two and than report back the results...

Edited by toxic-hero

Guest toxic-hero

hey, this is strange!

i haven't experienced sense restart for at least five days now and i don't have any idea what could be the cause... i haven't done anything special. what i can remember is:

- that i reflashed the radio few days ago (from 63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.11 to 63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.14)

- that i set the Spare Parts setting "Activity/Process managements" from unset (which was unset by default, it wasn't set to "Agressive") to "Normal"

no issues since than! :-D

could somebody with sense reboot problem also try this (especially the second) and than report...

ps - thanks skaif for a suggestion to play with Spare Parts!

Edited by toxic-hero

Guest toxaris

I turned-off JuiceDefender and manually installed Darktremor Apps2SD and since then no more sense reboots and the phone is a lot faster. Trying this since wednesday, so still a bit early.

Guest worcester4x4

This is a strange issue. I had no Sense restart issue after installing r5, not for a few days anyway. Then I did start to get the odd Sense restart, usually after backing out of an app like Twidroyd by using the Home key, it didn't happen often but enough to be irritating.

Then I found this thread by accident and it inspired me to try a few things, I tried installing Launcher Pro, reset management from Unset to Normal, and a few other things that I can't remember. The only result of all my tinkering was that Sense started rebooting every time I went back to the Home screen!

I bit the bullet and wiped the phone, reinstalled all my apps via Titanium and didn't touch any application management settings.

This was two days ago, so far I haven't had a single Sense restart.

So I'll wait and see for a few days. I have no clue what started the Sense restarts and I have no specific idea why my tinkering set off such aggressive Sense problems.

Strange problem.

Guest toxic-hero

yes it really is strange. sense restarts came back to me after few days but it seems they are not so frequent now. from one to five a day in the past to one every few days now. i also think rebooting the phone helps when sense restarts become to frequent...

Edited by toxic-hero