Looking for the Latest and Offical rom in Singapore

Guest AnYhOw

Guest AnYhOw

l am currently looking for the latest cum offical rom for Singapore user. May i know where can i find it? Or anybody already have? I have already seach for it for a long time, but i am still not able to find it. :) Can somebody help me with it? Thank you!

Guest darychia
l am currently looking for the latest cum offical rom for Singapore user. May i know where can i find it? Or anybody already have? I have already seach for it for a long time, but i am still not able to find it. :) Can somebody help me with it? Thank you!

Hi, you may check from this link, download from here, http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...gapore-jc4-rom/

its the latest cum official rom for Singapore. Cheers...

Edited by darychia

Guest mzabu

hi latest ROM for singapore is JE4. this time i got a worst experience with the guy who attend me. went to Plaze Singapora as samsung staff told there is a new version available, when i went there the guy told me that the JC4 is the latest (even check with other staff) later i call the staff who told me there is new ROM and he ask me to pass the phone to the guy(service centre) then he said to the staff that he mentioned about the JE4 to me but i ask for different version :) .

later he agree to that there is new one (JE4) available and will upgrade for me. i told him that i will be roaming around for about 1-2hrs and if get the sms confirm will come and collect (it was 6:45pm and 8pm they will close). i was there(plaza singapora) until 8:30pm no sms then i go back. next day until 3pm there is no sms for collection then i call the samsung hotline to enquire about me set. they told there is no record at all and will check with the service centre and call me back but no reply till 5pm then again i call the hotline now again the same story and said will get back to me until yesterday (10/7) no sms again called still no records then i go directly to plaza singapora and reception count checking checking checking cannot find then go inside and found my set ask me to wait for staff to attend. the staff just defending there colleague i was telling her all the story and she saying same thing that there may be problem with computer system to send sms to me and when i ask her about the no records can be found by samsung hotline staff then keep quite. i ask here "if there is no sms and if i did not come for collection you people just going to keep quite" then she reply no sir our customer normally will collect the set next day if they are upgrading the software". but why no sms and no records can be found in the system by hotline staff she have no answer to reply.

to SAMSUNG: better make it available online for future upgrade (if there is any) at least people do want to waste our valuable time and please avoid irresponsible worker to avoid bad name for your company/brand

the funny part is that the samsung staff who attend me told that even though upgrade to new version there will not any change, is this the way the staff response to customers (if it happens to all the other customers who will buy or support samsung????????????????)

Guest Tingwc84
hi latest ROM for singapore is JE4. this time i got a worst experience with the guy who attend me. went to Plaze Singapora as samsung staff told there is a new version available, when i went there the guy told me that the JC4 is the latest (even check with other staff) later i call the staff who told me there is new ROM and he ask me to pass the phone to the guy(service centre) then he said to the staff that he mentioned about the JE4 to me but i ask for different version :) .

later he agree to that there is new one (JE4) available and will upgrade for me. i told him that i will be roaming around for about 1-2hrs and if get the sms confirm will come and collect (it was 6:45pm and 8pm they will close). i was there(plaza singapora) until 8:30pm no sms then i go back. next day until 3pm there is no sms for collection then i call the samsung hotline to enquire about me set. they told there is no record at all and will check with the service centre and call me back but no reply till 5pm then again i call the hotline now again the same story and said will get back to me until yesterday (10/7) no sms again called still no records then i go directly to plaza singapora and reception count checking checking checking cannot find then go inside and found my set ask me to wait for staff to attend. the staff just defending there colleague i was telling her all the story and she saying same thing that there may be problem with computer system to send sms to me and when i ask her about the no records can be found by samsung hotline staff then keep quite. i ask here "if there is no sms and if i did not come for collection you people just going to keep quite" then she reply no sir our customer normally will collect the set next day if they are upgrading the software". but why no sms and no records can be found in the system by hotline staff she have no answer to reply.

to SAMSUNG: better make it available online for future upgrade (if there is any) at least people do want to waste our valuable time and please avoid irresponsible worker to avoid bad name for your company/brand

the funny part is that the samsung staff who attend me told that even though upgrade to new version there will not any change, is this the way the staff response to customers (if it happens to all the other customers who will buy or support samsung????????????????)

So are your set updated to JE4?

Guest darychia
Ohh okay. Thank you everybody! :] One more question, may i know whether after i flash it, will i void my warranty?

If you have bought your phone for few months, it is advisable to flash your rom back to JA5 before sending in. Coz their factory default rom is JA5, if your rom version is later than this and they do not have any records that you ever upgrade by them before, they will void your warranty.

Edited by darychia

hi latest ROM for singapore is JE4. this time i got a worst experience with the guy who attend me. went to Plaze Singapora as samsung staff told there is a new version available, when i went there the guy told me that the JC4 is the latest (even check with other staff) later i call the staff who told me there is new ROM and he ask me to pass the phone to the guy(service centre) then he said to the staff that he mentioned about the JE4 to me but i ask for different version :D .

haha! ur not alone man! i went to plaza singapura to have them replace the rubber cover for the usb slot and remove the dust behind the screen. they told me it will take 1-2 days. got my unit back after 6 days, and when i finally got it back, when i reached home, i noticed the signal is too weak, and inside the house, there was no signal at all. also tried using the camera and guess what! it wasnt working! nice job huh? got more problems than before, more serious problems. No choice but to bring it back. My only consolation was that i got it back again after 4 days and the ladies that attended to me was nice and all. you guys know any samsung site where i can tell them that their service center SUCKS big time??? Yeah it SUCKS! at least from my experience. im thinking of getting an HTC next time but a friend told me their service center also sucks. as people here in SG says, "What to do???" :) sorry for the off-topic. i just sympathize with mzabu's story...

Guest darychia
haha! ur not alone man! i went to plaza singapura to have them replace the rubber cover for the usb slot and remove the dust behind the screen. they told me it will take 1-2 days. got my unit back after 6 days, and when i finally got it back, when i reached home, i noticed the signal is too weak, and inside the house, there was no signal at all. also tried using the camera and guess what! it wasnt working! nice job huh? got more problems than before, more serious problems. No choice but to bring it back. My only consolation was that i got it back again after 4 days and the ladies that attended to me was nice and all. you guys know any samsung site where i can tell them that their service center SUCKS big time??? Yeah it SUCKS! at least from my experience. im thinking of getting an HTC next time but a friend told me their service center also sucks. as people here in SG says, "What to do???" :) sorry for the off-topic. i just sympathize with mzabu's story...

After reading both of yours story, I simply agree with that, but compare with Samsung and HTC, Samsung service still much better than HTC. HTC service really extremely SUCKS, I have sold my HTC phone after I walk off from the service center, I have been using that phone for almost 2 months, I had even wrote in to HTC to complain about my issue, they just simply ignore, almost a year, till now no one ever reply me a single message. I like HTC rom and application, and that's the reason why I purchase Omnia II. haha... :D

Guest mzabu

hi,

i have already compliant to samsung thru samsung website and they reply me by asking my IMEI & s.no. details to check on this matter.

you can go to www.samsung.com.sg then contact us to report.

i'm also thinking to go for HTC (i like the big screen, waiting for 4g to arrive). hope Samsung do something on their service side and online upgrade.

Guest Lancez
how to do that?

you can copy the attached file on ur SDcard then run it on ur phone, wait few minutes, and it'll tell u when its done. look for rom_dump.bin file on ur SDcard, thats the PDA file. zip or rar it then upload to multiupload, mediafire or 4share whichever u prefer. i'll see what i can do about it, maybe a lite ROM. thanks for doing this for all of us :)

P.S. would u please list ur phone version here? PDA,CSC and phone.

dskdump.exe

Edited by Lancez

Guest micmac
you can copy the attached file on ur SDcard then run it on ur phone, wait few minutes, and it'll tell u when its done. look for rom_dump.bin file on ur SDcard, thats the PDA file. zip or rar it then upload to multiupload, mediafire or 4share whichever u prefer. i'll see what i can do about it, maybe a lite ROM. thanks for doing this for all of us :D

waiting for lancez to rip JE4 to lite ROM :P

thx mzabu :)

Guest mzabu
you can copy the attached file on ur SDcard then run it on ur phone, wait few minutes, and it'll tell u when its done. look for rom_dump.bin file on ur SDcard, thats the PDA file. zip or rar it then upload to multiupload, mediafire or 4share whichever u prefer. i'll see what i can do about it, maybe a lite ROM. thanks for doing this for all of us :angry:

ok. will upload soon,

my phone details

PDA: I8000NXXJE4

CSC: I8000XSOJC3

Phone: I8000DXJE1

Guest Lancez
ok. will upload soon,

my phone details

looks like the CSC is the same as JC4, but phone part is new, wish i could get hold of that. thank u again :angry:

Guest Lancez
ok. will upload soon,

my phone details

u can PM me the link if u prefer that way.

Guest micmac
looks like the CSC is the same as JC4, but phone part is new, wish i could get hold of that. thank u again :D

is there no way we can get hold of that phone part...? :angry:

Guest Lancez
is there no way we can get hold of that phone part...? :angry:

unless u go down there and ask them to send u the file :D u r pretty close to singapore, aren't u? ;)

P.S. but there is JF1 phone part, have u tried that?

Edited by Lancez

Guest micmac
hi,

PM you already.

yes! waiting for lancez lite rom....

ps. maybe ill try that phone jf1....

Edited by micmac