I8000 LITE ROMs by Lancez

Guest Lancez

Guest Lancez
Yes, Xtask is ultimate task manager. I used it for a long time and must say that is better then WKtask, Showcase or everything else... :(

BTW: Can you Lancez compare all of your ROMs and say which is faster/better? Because I heard that ZHJC2 version is faster then JF5.

Maybe is not true, that newer version = faster and better then previous one. What's your opinion?

i think ZHJC2 is the best 6.5, as i wrote on the first post.

Guest HamZTaro05

i just finished my first flashing on my o2...^^

and it works perfectly...^^

thanks to the help of sir lancez for entertaining my "out of topic " question here...

and night.fox for giving me 100% assurance of success and confidence... ^^

for now im exploring my new updated phone...^^

and as a gratitude for sir lance for letting me post my concern here...^^

im downloading some of ur roms for testing....

JF5_lite and JF5v.T

this is the least i know that i can do contribute to ur works...^^

and willing to test more upcoming roms...^^

Guest Lancez
i just finished my first flashing on my o2...^^

and it works perfectly...^^

thanks to the help of sir lancez for entertaining my "out of topic " question here...

and night.fox for giving me 100% assurance of success and confidence... ^^

for now im exploring my new updated phone...^^

and as a gratitude for sir lance for letting me post my concern here...^^

im downloading some of ur roms for testing....

JF5_lite and JF5v.T

this is the least i know that i can do contribute to ur works...^^

and willing to test more upcoming roms...^^

:(

Guest johnchua55

my camera suddenly won't take pictures ...... i can't figure it out .... has anyone come across this problem ? when i press the camera button it goes into camera mode .... but when i press the camera button again it won't take pictures.

Guest Lancez
my camera suddenly won't take pictures ...... i can't figure it out .... has anyone come across this problem ? when i press the camera button it goes into camera mode .... but when i press the camera button again it won't take pictures.

thats weird, you are the first one ever reported this. softreset and try again. most likely, could caused by some apps that you installed? i use camera everyday and works fine. tested on every ROM that i posted.

Guest johnchua55

yeah i'm now sure it is some app i installed ..... i tried another rom and it's also happening ..... so i'm pretty sure it's not your ROM's fault.

Guest Lancez
yeah i'm now sure it is some app i installed ..... i tried another rom and it's also happening ..... so i'm pretty sure it's not your ROM's fault.

try to narrow down the problem so u can enjoy the great camera we have on our i8000. took some shots and sent to a friend of mine, she thought i was using a real camera :(

Guest dinhductao

Hi Lancez! I have a question, can you help me ? I've tried your 6.5.3_JF5_0716 ROM for some days, It's fast so I do like it but when I open some apps at the same time, the task manager will closes the apps automatic without any notice. I don't want this so what should I do ? Waiting for your reply, thanks!

Edited by dinhductao

Guest johnchua55

found the problem ..... fortunately it's one of the first things i install ..... EZinput keybaord =( .... too bad i really like EZinput

*SOLVED installing eT9 was the culprit EZinput itself works just fine with xT9

Edited by johnchua55

Guest Lancez
Hi Lancez! I have a question, can you help me ? I've tried your 6.5.3_JF5_0716 ROM for some days, It's fast so I do like it but when I open some apps at the same time, the task manager will closes the apps automatic without any notice. I don't want this so what should I do ? Waiting for your reply, thanks!

JF5_0716 is a 6.5 not 6.5.3 :( about the auto closing, i have no idea. seems fine on my end as well as other users. which task manager are u using? coz i didnt cook any task managers in the ROM except WM default one. if u can give a bit more info, might help to find out what the problem is.

Guest Lancez
found the problem ..... fortunately it's one of the first things i install ..... EZinput keybaord =( .... too bad i really like EZinput

i saw u posted in the EZInput thread. ya, i do remember that some members have had same problem b4. so i guess u'll have to stick with samsung keyboard for now :( which is not too bad, is it? :(

Guest jmsmartins
i saw u posted in the EZInput thread. ya, i do remember that some members have had same problem b4. so i guess u'll have to stick with samsung keyboard for now :( which is not too bad, is it? :P

it happened w/ i900 as well :( ock found a fix for it, maybe it works with our devices to..

Guest johnchua55

i do hope there'd be a fix for .... and kinda weird i guess .... keybaord .... camera .... you'd think they didn't have much in common. So far i feel EZinput is the better keybaord compared to samsung or swype or finger keyboard. But i'd rather lose EZinput and stick with JF5 rom =)

also EZinput doesn't uninstall properly so i had to re-flash again to get rid of it.

Guest jmsmartins
also EZinput doesn't uninstall properly so i had to re-flash again to get rid of it.

a hard reset would have it done also :(

Guest johnchua55

also does anybody notice there's a difference between JF5's java and JE2's ..... the old JE2 java can't seem to browse my storage ... but the java in JF5 is able to ... JF5 java has default tiny fonts though.

I can't find any working JF5 java cab

Guest jmsmartins
try to narrow down the problem so u can enjoy the great camera we have on our i8000. took some shots and sent to a friend of mine, she thought i was using a real camera :(

i wonder what have u been shoting AHAH male or female friend?? :(

Edited by jmsmartins

Guest dinhductao
JF5_0716 is a 6.5 not 6.5.3 :( about the auto closing, i have no idea. seems fine on my end as well as other users. which task manager are u using? coz i didnt cook any task managers in the ROM except WM default one. if u can give a bit more info, might help to find out what the problem is.

Sorry, I'm a new user, it's 6.5 JF_0716. :( . I've tried many other ROMs but I like your ROM cause it's lite and very fast. I'm still using the WM default task manager. When I open some apps such as word, excel mobile, opera mini... about 3-4 apps at the same time. At first, all apps run OK and I switch between these apps normally. But while I using one of these apps for about 3-5 minutes, the task manager will auto close the other apps so I have to open the closed apps again, it wastes my time. I don't know it's a problem or it's a function of the WM 6.5 default task manager so I want to disable this to use some my favourite apps at the same. If you have any ideas to resolve it, please PM me soon! Thanks! Sorry about my English! :P

Guest Lancez
Hello,

Using JF5 v.T and loving it.

Just one comment: When the battery is 100% it shows 88

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeannette

:( its not a bug, thats how its supposed to be. it'll go down to 99% after u played with it a bit.

Guest Lancez
Sorry, I'm a new user, it's 6.5 JF_0716. :( . I've tried many other ROMs but I like your ROM cause it's lite and very fast. I'm still using the WM default task manager. When I open some apps such as word, excel mobile, opera mini... about 3-4 apps at the same time. At first, all apps run OK and I switch between these apps normally. But while I using one of these apps for about 3-5 minutes, the task manager will auto close the other apps so I have to open the closed apps again, it wastes my time. I don't know it's a problem or it's a function of the WM 6.5 default task manager so I want to disable this to use some my favourite apps at the same. If you have any ideas to resolve it, please PM me soon! Thanks! Sorry about my English! :(

those apps that you listed are RAM hunger, and no wonder why theyi'll get closed. u can try rapid's autoclose patch which can prevent this problem.

Guest dinhductao
those apps that you listed are RAM hunger, and no wonder why theyi'll get closed. u can try rapid's autoclose patch which can prevent this problem.

Yes, I know it but I don't know why when I open those apps, the phone still runs as usual, smoothly, I only feel that it slower a bit. i8000 is a power device, I've tried your ROM for 2 weeks and found no problem so I think it can run those apps at the same time. I only want the task manager will not stop my running apps. I'll try rapid's autoclose patch and PM you soon. I'm a newbie so I'll ask you many other questions in the future, I hope you can help. :( Thanks for your reply, friend! PM you soon!

Guest Lancez
Yes, I know it but I don't know why when I open those apps, the phone still runs as usual, smoothly, I only feel that it slower a bit. i8000 is a power device, I've tried your ROM for 2 weeks and found no problem so I think it can run those apps at the same time. I only want the task manager will not stop my running apps. I'll try rapid's autoclose patch and PM you soon. I'm a newbie so I'll ask you many other questions in the future, I hope you can help. :( Thanks for your reply, friend! PM you soon!

if u have Qs just ask, other guys will help u too if im not around :(

Guest grattis

Hi Lancez,

I am using your JF5 (wm 21895) rom for a while, thanks a lot for your great effort on that. if it is possible could you prepare a new build of WM 29011 (the last one I thougth)?

Guest Lancez
Hi Lancez,

I am using your JF5 (wm 21895) rom for a while, thanks a lot for your great effort on that. if it is possible could you prepare a new build of WM 29011 (the last one I thougth)?

shadowangel has cooked such ROM. u might wanna check that out. hes more expirenced than i am :(