MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest FaZe916

Does mount usb work in the new release? Only thing that stopped me from using this rom was I couldn't mount my sd card. I installed the app MountUSB and that didn't work either.

Guest wdfowty
Does mount usb work in the new release? Only thing that stopped me from using this rom was I couldn't mount my sd card. I installed the app MountUSB and that didn't work either.

I used "dual mount sd widget" in the market, and it worked like a charm. It's $1 though...I've also heard "Auto Mount Your Sd Card" works...Haven't tried it myself.

Guest mlemonds

sorry for the stupid question, i looked in the thread and can not find an answer.

I connect the phone to the computer (OSX fwiw) and can get it to work in debug mode, but i can not get it to mount the SD card. I did not see the Mount USB app that was there in the Eclair builds.

Am I the only one in this situation?

dang i am a slow typer.... sorry for redundancy

Edited by mlemonds

Guest wdfowty
sorry for the stupid question, i looked in the thread and can not find an answer.

I connect the phone to the computer (OSX fwiw) and can get it to work in debug mode, but i can not get it to mount the SD card. I did not see the Mount USB app that was there in the Eclair builds.

Am I the only one in this situation?

See my last post just above yours.

edit: It's all good

Edited by wdfowty

Guest citronbitare

Very nice rom. Faster than the first r23 release. Not working for me: trackball wake & alerts, camcorder, autobrightness.

Anyone knw good settings for SetCPU app to save me some battery life? Any help, much appreciated!

Edited by PS&E

Guest KenAnthony
Is anyone else having problems installing applications?

I keep trying to install things from the market and they're just coming up as being unsuccessful.

i have had this happen a couple times... i just went back and downloaded it again and it worked... so that work for me just trying it again...

Guest DFSVegas

So, would the folk here describe this rom as a viable day to day option in it's current state? Yeah, I could just go back if it's not, but I'd rather save the time if it's just not worth it.

Guest wdfowty
So, would the folk here describe this rom as a viable day to day option in it's current state? Yeah, I could just go back if it's not, but I'd rather save the time if it's just not worth it.

It's a great daily rom. I never use bluetooth. so that wasn't a problem not being able to use it. The thing that I don't like is not being able to record video, and for some reason you can't turn off the shutter sound. There are other little quirks, but I feel it is a very sturdy rom, definitely worth a try.

Guest TonyTheBlack

I have only one problem with this ROM and unfortunately, it's the deal breaker. I cannot tether! Neither WiFi nor USB Tethering are working. I need the ability to tether like I need oxygen! Any insight into what could be the issue, or when it'll be resolved? Besides wanting to support MoDaCo, this port was one of the main reasons for going AdFree. :(

Guest DFSVegas
I have only one problem with this ROM and unfortunately, it's the deal breaker. I cannot tether! Neither WiFi nor USB Tethering are working. I need the ability to tether like I need oxygen! Any insight into what could be the issue, or when it'll be resolved? Besides wanting to support MoDaCo, this port was one of the main reasons for going AdFree. :(

Whoa. If you can't tether, then it's a no go for me. I'm in a hotel, tethering is all the internets I have, lol.

Is tethering not working for everybody, or just you?

ive been using the r23 for the past 2 days as my daily rom, everything seems to work, except bluetooth ( i dont use it ) and the trackball alerts ( hopefully they will be in the next update ).

i havent had any problems with this rom like lagging, random reboots, force closes etc..

i would say its the most stable alpha release for any rom out there, more stable then a few current roms.

a few things i have noticed on it is though:

facebook sometimes does not want to sync properly.

It takes the phone some 2-3 minutes before it catches the signal after a reboot.

no battery percentage, so cant tell the amount of charge without going into settings. and also doesnt show the charging status on main screen on the charging LED.

Uses a bit too much RAM, i was using enomethers official 2.10 before this and always had over 200 MB free with all my required apps running, with this im usually in low 100's range. however that has yet to effect the performance of the rom.

battery life is above average ( compared to other roms i have tried) looses about 1% an hour in standby and has been able to give me 18 hours with normal use.

wifi tether does not work.

does not automatically restore apps from market.

for some reason it displays phone model as HTC desire A8181 instead of the nexus one.

even though it says its an alpha it works better and faster then most of the precooked roms out there, i have tried atleast 14-15 different roms and this one is the most stable out of them with the most eye candy.

Linpack : with stock kernel : 41.60

with pershoot kernel the best i got was 45+

speed test: wifi : download : 8 Mb/s upload 3 Mb/s

att 3g download 3.4 Mb/a Upload 1.3 Mb/s

Edited by ozzi

Whoa. If you can't tether, then it's a no go for me. I'm in a hotel, tethering is all the internets I have, lol.

Is tethering not working for everybody, or just you?

not working for me either just says error.

Guest KenAnthony
not working for me either just says error.

If you need tethering download wireless tether 2.0.2 apk... make sure its 2.0.2 version not the new one and it world fine for me... hope it works for you!!

Guest KenAnthony
If you need tethering download wireless tether 2.0.2 apk... make sure its 2.0.2 version not the new one and it world fine for me... hope it works for you!!

Oh and install it through astro....

Oh and install it through astro....

thanks ill try that ...

im also having this weird problem with the power LED on the nexus one.. it turns on when i get a message and wont turn off for 20-30 mins, is anyone else experiencing the same issue ???

Edited by ozzi

Guest wdfowty
Anyone else having problems with the portable wifi option? I get an error...help Paul :(

Look up! It's just a few posts before yours.

Guest wdfowty
I hope Paul will not abandon this project, it just need a big fix (BT) and small fixes here and there.

It might take more than just Paul to excel this project. Not saying he can't do it, just sayin' he'd probably appreciate help. I myself would love to pitch in, still learning my way around android, barely been using it for 2 months :(

Guest ez14u2nv
Look up! It's just a few posts before yours.

he won't... he already stated that he's porting his desire rom over which should bring MANY of the SMALL fixes with it! Paul... YOU MY BOY BLUE