MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sashamed

I noticed something interesting: When I tryed another sim card , newer generation then mine (my sim card has 16k space,and new generation has 128k space), gsm network works without dropping after screen off. :(

Guest ChrisVuong
ROM running great for me,just wanted to point out one problem I have found. When an alarm goes off on my phone that I have set, there is no way to turn it off lol

You can use "Alarm Master" or other app on the market instead..just disable the default alarm

Guest acantril

I've mentioned earlier in the thread of a weird problem ive been having with Pauls Sense froyo and KingxKlick's sense froyo, essentially when the phones comes on and until the first screen power off it works perfectly.. once the screen has powered off though, i gett he no signal indicator, i.e the 'X above the bars'. oddly enough i can however use a data connection to browse the web, just no calls.... In addition if i go into settings, mobile networks, APN's when the phone first starts it shows the T-Mobile or Orange UK APN's but once the above problems start it says 'no sim found' - ive tried the following

1) Works fine for at least an hour (if i set the screen never to go off)

2) While working data and voice are fine, and APN's are listed in data networks section of settings.

3) As soon as screen is powered off the 'X above the bars' shows and no further voice calls can happen

4) Data however still works..

5) APN's dont show, saying 'please insert sim' or 'no sim found'

6) Ive tried it with multiple SIM's (orange UK and T-Mobile UK)

7) ALso tried on my g/f N1 with the SAME error - suggesting its not hardware.

SO its not the phone, nor the SIM.. any ideas ?

Guest prgopala
I just paid for an ad-free to use the kitchen for this mod, and I got

"E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/fuser

E:Failure at line 137:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/fuser

Installation aborted."

Full wipe ran a few times, coming from TheOfficial Enom ROM.

Clockworkmod 2.5.0.1

Any solutions to this issue?

Ok.. i somehow figured out the best way to cook a rom without this error... i included the radio image as well as titanium backup... this cooked rom didn't give me the symlink error.

Though i could not still figure out what was the exact issue if i omitted the radio/titanium backup

Guest anfalas
I've mentioned earlier in the thread of a weird problem ive been having with Pauls Sense froyo and KingxKlick's sense froyo, essentially when the phones comes on and until the first screen power off it works perfectly.. once the screen has powered off though, i gett he no signal indicator, i.e the 'X above the bars'. oddly enough i can however use a data connection to browse the web, just no calls.... In addition if i go into settings, mobile networks, APN's when the phone first starts it shows the T-Mobile or Orange UK APN's but once the above problems start it says 'no sim found' - ive tried the following

1) Works fine for at least an hour (if i set the screen never to go off)

2) While working data and voice are fine, and APN's are listed in data networks section of settings.

3) As soon as screen is powered off the 'X above the bars' shows and no further voice calls can happen

4) Data however still works..

5) APN's dont show, saying 'please insert sim' or 'no sim found'

6) Ive tried it with multiple SIM's (orange UK and T-Mobile UK)

7) ALso tried on my g/f N1 with the SAME error - suggesting its not hardware.

SO its not the phone, nor the SIM.. any ideas ?

Yeah, exact same thing here on T-mobile UK - it's a shame, can live with a few bugs but not no network! fantastic rom aside from this although I couldn't get FM radio working, scanned ok but no channels working. As far as the HTC weather widget is concerned this has nothing to do with the rom - the widget is glitchy at best and according to various forums I've read it's most likely down to the servers used. Mine works off and on in current location but usually have to use nearest large town, i.e Brighton :(

Guest acantril
Yeah, exact same thing here on T-mobile UK - it's a shame, can live with a few bugs but not no network! fantastic rom aside from this although I couldn't get FM radio working, scanned ok but no channels working. As far as the HTC weather widget is concerned this has nothing to do with the rom - the widget is glitchy at best and according to various forums I've read it's most likely down to the servers used. Mine works off and on in current location but usually have to use nearest large town, i.e Brighton :(

The odd thing is, ive tried different devices and different SIM's (thus networks) and its the same problem... i dont get how others havent got the same symptoms... it pretty much stops me (and i guess you) from using the ROM... can anyone with the SAME issue as us please post, so we can see how many this is effecting.

Guest dr3minem
The odd thing is, ive tried different devices and different SIM's (thus networks) and its the same problem... i dont get how others havent got the same symptoms... it pretty much stops me (and i guess you) from using the ROM... can anyone with the SAME issue as us please post, so we can see how many this is effecting.

Ive had the same problem with pretty much all Sense 2.2 Roms before FRF91. Then again im on holidays in Spain and not home in Germany, maybe that changes something? Although i really hope not because i deleted my old nandroid.

Guest richy

Yeah Im also having the same problem (no network after the phone has been on about 10mins).. but the stock FROYO ROM that Paul has put together has no network problems at all. Im in the UK on orange and gone back to stock FROYO until issue can be resolved. Its weird that not everybody is having this issue.

Guest anfalas
Yeah Im also having the same problem (no network after the phone has been on about 10mins).. but the stock FROYO ROM that Paul has put together has no network problems at all. Im in the UK on orange and gone back to stock FROYO until issue can be resolved. Its weird that not everybody is having this issue.

I only thing I can think of, bearing in mind I'm no techhead, is that maybe those who have no network problem are using a different kernel, and/or radio? I can't see that this can be a problem relating to which service provider you use when all other roms work fine (and yes, I've tried most of them!!) Anyone else have any thoughts?

Guest acantril
I only thing I can think of, bearing in mind I'm no techhead, is that maybe those who have no network problem are using a different kernel, and/or radio? I can't see that this can be a problem relating to which service provider you use when all other roms work fine (and yes, I've tried most of them!!) Anyone else have any thoughts?

I thought that too, but ive tried the kernel that comes with the ROM and a few different ones. AND the radio i'm using is the one Paul includes in his kitchen for the Sense FROYO rom.. so that should work.

Guest acantril
Hello!

My big big problem is with this great ROM, drop the call in the first or 2nd second.. ..and signal lost after :-(

WHY::??

You have the same as me i think, whats happening is as soon as you put the phone to your ear, the screen turns off and you loose signal. Its the same as my problem when i turn the screen off i loose signal.

Can you try something for me, flash this rom, then when you first boot, turn off your screen fro 5 seconds, then switch back on.. and see if you loose signal ?

Guest sashamed
You have the same as me i think, whats happening is as soon as you put the phone to your ear, the screen turns off and you loose signal. Its the same as my problem when i turn the screen off i loose signal.

Can you try something for me, flash this rom, then when you first boot, turn off your screen fro 5 seconds, then switch back on.. and see if you loose signal ?

I had same problem with "[ROM][FRF91] eViL's Q&D HTC Sense - base 2.06 Desire" (and with modaco r23,of course). Maybee something wrong with htc sense? I tried few different sim cards, and with one of them works OK.

Edited by sashamed

Guest joshlusignan
Anyone figure out the incomplete facebook syncing? That's really the dealbreaker right now for me.

Just to make sure, can you go into People>Menu>View> and make sure Facebook for HTC sense is checked. I think it is NOT checked by default and will only load and sync existing contacts in your phone if you leave it unchecked.

Guest Scott Ricketts
Just to make sure, can you go into People>Menu>View> and make sure Facebook for HTC sense is checked. I think it is NOT checked by default and will only load and sync existing contacts in your phone if you leave it unchecked.

It's checked, and it won't let me use the stock Facebook sync instead. It syncs my contacts but leaves out quite a few. A couple of other people have reported this as well. KingKlick's ROM has the same issue, so I'm pretty sure it's something in HTC's code, it's just a matter of what.

Guest kamasi36
Awesome been waiting for this Thanks Paul!!

Games slow on this Rom. Especially M.Mafia. Otherwise good job. Not nearly the # of issues that King's beta 2 has.

Guest alextripp
It's checked, and it won't let me use the stock Facebook sync instead. It syncs my contacts but leaves out quite a few. A couple of other people have reported this as well. KingKlick's ROM has the same issue, so I'm pretty sure it's something in HTC's code, it's just a matter of what.

Having the same problem. I tried to sync my gf's fb picture with her contact and it seems the facebook sync can't download her. It has probably 95% of everyone else, I think I noticed a few other missing as well. If i go to the fb part under people it shows a list and if I hit refresh it won't add the people that are missing. Weird that is downloading most but leaving out some.

Guest newnoise1024
Having the same problem. I tried to sync my gf's fb picture with her contact and it seems the facebook sync can't download her. It has probably 95% of everyone else, I think I noticed a few other missing as well. If i go to the fb part under people it shows a list and if I hit refresh it won't add the people that are missing. Weird that is downloading most but leaving out some.

i cant even sync with facebook at all. Friend stream wont work and when i go to accounts and new, it says "this application cannot be reached at this time"

intersting... i might go back to r22 for now until these minor issues are ironed out, aside from that, and the led light staying on i have no other issues with this rom

Guest fabiocampos

This ROM is nice and looks awesome, but doesn´t use for every day. I´ll wait for new release with bug fixes (i can´t wait for BT works). So, i´m back for Cyanogen ROM.

Best regards :(

Guest evildesi

I'm getting the following error

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line 43

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Looks like it's trying to create a link to something in busybox and failing.. any ideas on a fix??

Guest adriandyb

Hello

After 20 or more installs over the last few days, I have played with 19, 21.1, 22.1 and 23.

While trying to write this, I realise it would have been best to have taken actual notes of the combinations I have tried, but here is what I remember:

I was mostly looking to get the FM radio to work properly and was able to do so (the radio did crash quite a bit though) in 19, 21 and 22 by flashing intersectRaven's latest kernel (the CVS one) after flashing the rom.

The problem on 22 (not sure about the earlier ones) was that WiFi did not work so I found a comment about pushing the bcm4329.ko file (it was in intersectRaven's zip) and that seemed to allow WiFi to turn on, but still would not connect to my WPA2 access point.

Also, at one point, the launcher was crashing shortly after startup. After going through several or more combinations on the kitchen (great tool!), I found leaving out only the SSH server fixed it!

I decided to try 23 again.

Flashed the full package with the radio from the kitchen and had most of the problems I have read about here. Facebook sync did not work but filling in the company (it was posted on the forums) seemed to fix it.

The FM radio worked best in this version (bluetooth had to be off), but still crashes. Tuning responds better. No mobile connection, but wifi works. If the tuner freezes, only hope is restart the phone...

Hope this helps someone or does not sound confusing!!

Is there a fix for the mobile connection problem? It would be the last thing I have a problem with and I love this ROM. It is fast!

Adrian