MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest grex49
look... paul is already working on his R8 for desire...

We the Nexus 1 aka google phone... is not getting even a single port of r7 OR even a "Hello" from him...

guess this thread is really losing it's support... i'm starting to get disappointed...

+100

Guest grex49

I guess Paul will get to it when hes ready.....anyways I'm enjoying eViL-Q&D-NXSense-v.1.00-r1 ROM.No point on dwelling on Pauls development ! :)

Guest cdubb9800

paul posted on xda that he didnt abandoned this rom so i guess thats good news

he has spoken....

Edited by cdubb9800

Guest Sylar2010

On Twitter:

N301DQ

@PaulOBrien Are you working on any pre-bakes of the N1 2.2 Desire port? (Please say yes!)

Answer of Paul:

@N301DQ Yeah, port of Desire r8 coming up soon!

If it will have BT fixed + trackball wake/colors it will be my everyday ROM

Guest sergioalvarezmac
It's coming guys, honest! :D

P

Glad to see you Paul. Much time without information. But great news!!

I have been using your ROMS since Alpha 7 and I want to have a fully complete Froyo Desire.

Guest negreenfield

P

Awesome news! I swear the internet has made us all impatient. :D

Edited by negreenfield

Guest yankyjz

P

By my estimates this rom has cum more times then I have in 10 yrs of marriage! LoL Too bad it never actually gets here!

Peace & love paul

"Final Alpha" was r22.1. But then Froyo was released and now there's an "Alpha" r23 dev WIP. What's next? Another "Alpha" I bet. What happens when Gingerbread gets released? More "Alpha" testing probably. Does anyone think we will ever get a dedicated BETA rom? Patient as can be! =)

Guest yankyjz

Hey paul this thread is starting to look like your R22 alpha thread! I thought we dealt with the issue of you ignoring threads for long periods of time then promising updates & not delivering them? But here we are again, same problem different thread! I'm glad I moved on to evil's rom, but I'm a little pissed at the money I wasted for an "ad free" account! Oh well, I guess you live you learn. Lets just call it a "DONATION"! LOL

If you do ever get around to supporting the N1 again maybe I'll look you up, but probably not! I don't need the aggravation! I'll stick with devs who actually see their work through to the end & don't quit when something new & shiny comes around!

Well that my piece,

Peace & love

Peace & love

Jay

Guest kamasi36
Whereas Paul has no direct obligation to any one of us, we do (collectively) pay him a considerable amount of money in donations, and ask for very little in return. Now, I know that you may feel that a quick "Hello guys, working on the other rom and should have some more news in the near future" is WAY too much to ask of poor Paul, I certainly do not. I am not asking him to rush anything, and if you read the posts carefully, you will see that nobody else is either. We are not attacking his character, or calling him lazy by any means, we are merely stating that a status update would be nice. And even more so, considering the fact that other rom developers are only accepting donations through a link in their signatures, not requiring them to be able to download their roms.. and these guys are pumping some GREAT roms out, while being EXTREMELY responsive. I know that a plethora of the Paul "groupies" are going to batter this post with "Go download their roms then.." type comments, and to cut you off before you even begin, I already have. I download new roms from new (and seasoned) devs all the time. I have also downloaded a few of Paul's. Enough to know that Paul does some great work, and I am anxiously awaiting to see what he has in store for us in the near future. That is, of course, if he still intends to complete the rom.

What this all boils down to: Is it really so hard to make a 20-30 character post to update your fans/contributors? The simple answer, nope.

Well said, LOL. I didn't put it as diplomatic as you, but basically I infered the same thing, "RESPECT." Some of these cronies kill me with their undying love and adoration. LOL. I just said it would be good for him to let us know what is going on so we don't keep stalking the thread. All that whining BS, miss me with that!!

Guest kamasi36
Hey paul this thread is starting to look like your R22 alpha thread! I thought we dealt with the issue of you ignoring threads for long periods of time then promising updates & not delivering them? But here we are again, same problem different thread! I'm glad I moved on to evil's rom, but I'm a little pissed at the money I wasted for an "ad free" account! Oh well, I guess you live you learn. Lets just call it a "DONATION"! LOL

If you do ever get around to supporting the N1 again maybe I'll look you up, but probably not! I don't need the aggravation! I'll stick with devs who actually see their work through to the end & don't quit when something new & shiny comes around!

Well that my piece,

Peace & love

Peace & love

Jay

Exactly, look at as a donation for his past work, cause as far as keeping us abreast of things in this thread he hasn't shown us an iota of respect. Now you cruise on over to the Desire thread you'll find plenty of communication. I've never been one to kiss anyone butt cheeks to get a favorable response. LOL.

Guest Brian L

I have never heard people whine so much in my life, you cry more then my dog. If you want updates faster, then learn to dev and do it yourself, or go use someone else's rom's. No need to take up space on a forum to complain, it doesn't do any good.

Guest Ducter
I have never heard people whine so much in my life, you cry more then my dog. If you want updates faster, then learn to dev and do it yourself, or go use someone else's rom's. No need to take up space on a forum to complain, it doesn't do any good.

No, it doesnt do any good...thats the point. I have froyo with sense, with bluetooth, fm radio, with working gps...I got it by picking up a cheap HD2 off craigslist lol, they have devotion towards what they are working on and have managed to get everything working pretty good...on a phone that wasnt designed for Android! Its running off sd card at the moment and testing next to my Nexus its just as fast as this half ass port from Paul if not faster.

Face it, development here follows the trends. If a new phone comes out before Paul gets it working its on to the new one anyways. All you ass kissers are disgusting. No one has to work on any rom for any phone, thats true, but how bout at least saying hey guys I have ditched this phone till I decide to work on it again.. it wont be soon but maybe someday. na..nothing, then suddenly a post and you all go back to worshiping, pull your head out of his ass and take a breath..it stinks.

Now I know that ad free doesnt mean anything towards getting your phone working properly lol, all those that think it is are wrong, see my name? See ad free? nah. you wont. I am a long time lurker here but finally signed up for an account, what I have learned is that whatever phone is "the next best thing" gets the attention. Is it for new ad free members? I dont know but it seems that way to me...in time as "the next best thing" falls to the wayside so does support and development for that phone, go check the threads on other devices..its just how it goes.

Paul has done some great things for several different platforms, no way around that. Paul has also left several devices in a state of wtf as well..no way around that either. Dont like it? Learn to hack yourself, stop all the crap about being a Developer as just about everyone of these guys are hacks, bout it. Skill? Knowledge? Yes. They have some, some more than others..but a Developer? No. Show me a completely home grown working Android and I'll call ya a Developer.

Live with the fact that you dont have a Desire, you have a Nexus. Go grab some Cyan nightlies and enjoy yourself. He is about as close to a Dev as your gonna get. He also doesnt abandon devices as they are half ass working lol, most of the time he wont release anything until it does all work, the few times it has happened it was a bug, and fixed asap.

I dont see bans here often, but if I get one so be it. As I have already stated I have moved on and honestly, so should you.