MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest wdfowty
camera is really buggy, snaps the picture, distorts it and then reduces the size from widescreen.

alarm cannot be shut off lol

small minor things but makes it somewhat unusable for the time being, can i revert back to r22 even though i have the new radio?

You can but the camera and other things will give you force closes or kernel panics i think. It wont brick your phone ifyou downgrade correctly

Guest joshlusignan

FYI

IRs kernel 2.6.35-FM_AVS-925mV_CFS_20100729_0821 greatly improved FM response time for me, still testing battery life...so far so good, but I am listening to FM and on WiFi so prob not gonna last that long :(. Just waiting for FM recording now, lol. This is awesome!!

Also, Im testing this on RODs ROM on XDA (MCRs port anyway), I was also able to get all of my FB contacts to sync (went from 70 to 90) I dont keep track of my `friends` so I never noticed anything till now. lol

Edited by joshlusignan

Guest DFSVegas
Paul, I see that the Desire will get native 720 video and iTunes syncing over the weekend through the 2.2 official update. Any chance we will see both of these incorporated into this ROM after this happens? Love this ROM!

http://gizmodo.com/5600398/froyo-update-fo...ng-this-weekend

You know, after the Palm Pre thing, I have to imagine Apple wont take that sitting down.

I'd love it though, for sure.

You know, after the Palm Pre thing, I have to imagine Apple wont take that sitting down.

I'd love it though, for sure.

If I read it right (and there's not much to read yet about it), the syncing would still happen through HTC Sync - I'm guessing HTC Sync would recognize the iTunes music/playlists and allow syncing that.

Like iSyncr does, or even DoubleTwist.

As opposed to Palm which faked an iPod USB ID so that iTunes would recognize the Pre as an iPod and sync directly.

We'll see this weekend I suppose!

sns

Guest indieladadam

i got a new 16gb SD card and works fine when i format it but if i partition it so i can use APP2SD it wont boot up only gets to the HTC screen

Guest joshlusignan
i got a new 16gb SD card and works fine when i format it but if i partition it so i can use APP2SD it wont boot up only gets to the HTC screen

Make sure you are waiting long enough...there is a long first boot when you choose the AP2SD option. If that doesnt work reflash after wiping all.

Guest indieladadam

it boots fine without the partition on SD card and fine with my other card that came with phone partitioned just not this one =/

Guest joshlusignan
it boots fine without the partition on SD card and fine with my other card that came with phone partitioned just not this one =/

did you set ext2 to ext3 when you created new partition?

Guest moxyjeero

Hi guys, I just got a nexus one and flashed with the desire rom. I love it overall and want to thank the developer for doing this.

I do have one question though, after the flash the capacitive buttons no longer light up. I searched around and noticed ppl used a script to fix the problem with the older desire build. Is this problem still exist in the latest desire rom?

Thanks!!

Edited by moxyjeero

Guest joshlusignan
Hi guys, I just got a nexus one and flashed with the desire rom. I love it overall and want to thank the developer for doing this.

I do have one question though, after the flash the capacitive buttons no longer light up. I searched around and noticed ppl used a script to fix the problem with the older desire build. Is this problem still exist in the latest desire rom?

Thanks!!

Capacitive buttons working fine for me on latest desire port (MCR23).

Guest moxyjeero
Capacitive buttons working fine for me on latest desire port (MCR23).

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try to reflash it to see if it works. Do I need to format my SD card before I put the zip file there and flash?

Guest joshlusignan
Thanks for the quick reply. I will try to reflash it to see if it works. Do I need to format my SD card before I put the zip file there and flash?

No, not unless you want to have AP2SD and do not have a ext3 partition. Just cook your rom, download, and drop on root of your sd, nandroid and flash away. On my previous post I cannot 100% confirm the capacitive issue, sorry, this is because im currently running another Sense Rom (RODs from XDA). It is MCR based so you should be ok, just give it a go anyway.

Edited by joshlusignan

Guest Ducter

No, not your SD, not sure which recovery your using but you want to wipe data/factory reset, dalvik, sd ext partition if you have one. Clockwork recovery wipes it all when you wipe data factory reset.

Guest moxyjeero
No, not unless you want to have AP2SD and do not have a ext3 partition. Just cook your rom, download, and drop on root of your sd, nandroid and flash away. On my previous post I cannot 100% confirm the capacitive issue, sorry, this is because im currently running another Sense Rom (RODs from XDA). It is MCR based so you should be ok, just give it a go anyway.

Thanks much joshlusignan.

Guest Brian L

Anyone have any comments or anything about the battery life compared to other froyo rom's? Battery life is very important to me as i am away from my house for long periods of time and i was wondering if anyone has any specific kernel's or anything like that that help battery life, or if it is good already, I have not tested.

Anyone have any comments or anything about the battery life compared to other froyo rom's? Battery life is very important to me as i am away from my house for long periods of time and i was wondering if anyone has any specific kernel's or anything like that that help battery life, or if it is good already, I have not tested.

In my own experience with various ROMs, battery life is more dependent first on the apps you have polling data over the net, and second on clearing battery stats and/or calibrating the battery. Often things get wonky when switching from one ROM to another, and clearing battery stats has helped me almost every time.

Well, I'm no expert but I've been testing n testing n flashing n flashing. Anyhow, from www.mediafire.com/intersectraven, I'm using 2.6.35_AVS-X-925mV_CFS_20100715_1511.zip as my kernel, and my radio is the latest (the Korean one; whatever that number is again, and comes with a baked version of this rom I believe). Turn off automatic sync accounts until you actually check your phone again. I like using the Android Power Control widget to turn auto sync on n off as needed including brightness and other things. Battery life has been pretty good for me! A happier Google Nexus One again.

Guest Brian L
Well, I'm no expert but I've been testing n testing n flashing n flashing. Anyhow, from www.mediafire.com/intersectraven, I'm using 2.6.35_AVS-X-925mV_CFS_20100715_1511.zip as my kernel, and my radio is the latest (the Korean one; whatever that number is again, and comes with a baked version of this rom I believe). Turn off automatic sync accounts until you actually check your phone again. I like using the Android Power Control widget to turn auto sync on n off as needed including brightness and other things. Battery life has been pretty good for me! A happier Google Nexus One again.

What are his X kernel's for? I haven't been able to find what the diff between those and the regular AVS kernel's are...

Guest Toni Lähdekorpi

Hooray for Paul!

"(i've updated the flashlight app to work correctly though, and to turn on as soon as you run it, more logical IMHO!)"

I'd say it's off when you start it, because people keep starting apps by accident.

I know it's a WIP, but is it stable enough to start testing and reporting (whining) about broken things? :(

The only thing I care is that my phone doesn't crash too many times when I'm trying to use it, you know, as a phone.

What are his X kernel's for? I haven't been able to find what the diff between those and the regular AVS kernel's are...

Sorry. Don't know what that X is for either. But just in my own experience with the X kernels; a lil slow to search for stations but works w fm radio, home screens swing velocity one to the next seems smoother (don't know if anyone cares for that), battery is better, I guess. Like I said after many tests, this one works best for me so far. Keeping these settings until BETA!

Edited by PS&E

well s***, as much as I love HTC Sense and all the widgets and the customization, I'll still have to go back to MCR until:

mounting USB card

video camera

Work.

FM radio is a bonus. For me, no problems with phoencalls or SMS or data connection or wifi.. So it's getting better :(

Guest nxsone
well s***, as much as I love HTC Sense and all the widgets and the customization, I'll still have to go back to MCR until:

mounting USB card

video camera

Work.

FM radio is a bonus. For me, no problems with phoencalls or SMS or data connection or wifi.. So it's getting better :(

just buy dual mount widget or try kingxklick froyo/desire 1.0 rom

PROS:video rec works , it is faster (1190Mhz) it already has sd mount widget

CONS:NO FM , Bluetooth works at times.

:(

just buy dual mount widget or try kingxklick froyo/desire 1.0 rom

PROS:video rec works , it is faster (1190Mhz) it already has sd mount widget

CONS:NO FM , Bluetooth works at times.

:(

welp, might as well try Kingclick's rom, see if it's as smooth and fast as Paul's

overclocked kernel though... I'll clock it down, would rather save a bit of battery and run less hot :(

thanks!

Nah, going back to MCR.

Kingclick's ROM has some FCs randomly, runs out of storage space quickly, even before running out of space I couldn't install some apps (Sky Map, Yahoo mail, messenger, etc), lots of apps I was unable to move to SD Card (using the Froyo method, I don't partition my sd card)...

No good for me lol. But yeah Video did work! :( so did the usb mount widget.

sns.