octan doesn't recognize my phone

Guest faroer

Guest faroer

Hey Modaco members,

I'm trying to flash my phone but octans downloader doesn't recognize it.

I've installed all the things from ErnestJanF's guide.

When I try to flash it. the only i get is this.

[Setup] Windows XP 

[Setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB) 

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&32ba9d77&0&1#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

Can someone help me with this?

I'm using Windows 7 with Octans downloader v2.14 with compability Windows XP SP2

Guest boyong
Hey Modaco members,

[Setup] Windows XP 

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&32ba9d77&0&1#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

I'm using Windows 7 with Octans downloader v2.14 with compability Windows XP SP2

Are you using 32 or 64 bit? Maybe you haven't installed the correct drivers.

Guest kaspy
Hey Modaco members,

[Setup] Windows XP 

you dont have a coorect drivers installed .

u have to manulayy add driver of the phone by going in

DEVICE MANAGER >

i will post links and pics if u dont understand .

u have to go in the have disk option and then open the correct drivers ther . that will help u .

or try using win xp

dont worryy it is definately a driver problem

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asomreh
you dont have a coorect drivers installed .

u have to manulayy add driver of the phone by going in

DEVICE MANAGER >

i will post links and pics if u dont understand .

u have to go in the have disk option and then open the correct drivers ther . that will help u .

or try using win xp

dont worryy it is definately a driver problem

hey there.

im very new here, and i was wondering if you could post links as to where i can downlaod the right drivers and also maybe some pics showing how to go in the have disk option.

i dont have any xp PCs lying around so using that wont be an option.

thanks in advance

Guest Parlas
Hey Modaco members,

[Setup] Windows XP 

hey there.

im very new here, and i was wondering if you could post links as to where i can downlaod the right drivers and also maybe some pics showing how to go in the have disk option.

i dont have any xp PCs lying around so using that wont be an option.

thanks in advance

All you have to do is to follow this guide: How to flash your Omnia 2 under Win7 32 & 64bit, VIDEO GUIDE (don't worry about the "i8000", it works like a charm to B7610 too).

(Here is the link to the

).

Let me explain the steps:

1. Download the staff: a. OCTANS_Downloader_v2.14.zip b. CDMA_Modem_driver_4.34.zip c. usb driver ( X86 or X64)

1. TURN OFF your phone (disconnected from the pc).

2. Restart the pc. On power on (before Windows loads) press regularly the F8 button (in order to get a list). Select the “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” and press Enter.

3. When Windows load completely connect the phone to the usb (TURNED OFF). Go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System" and press "Device manager". Then go to the "mobile devices" right click on the phone and select the "Update Driver Software". Click on "Browse my computer for driver software" -->Choose "Let me pick from the list of device drivers on my computer" --> Click on "Have Disk" and "Browse" and select the usb driver (c. from step 1) Click on "OK" and then "Next".

4. Go to the "CDMA_Modem_driver_4.34" folder and run the "setup.exe" --> Click "INSTALL" and the "OK".

5. Disconnect the phone from the pc (DON'T OPEN THE PHONE).

6. Go to the "OCTANS Downloader" folder, Right Click "OCTANS Downloader v2.14.exe", go to Compatibility Tab an set compatibility to "Windows Xp Sp2".

7. Run "OCTANS Downloader v2.14.exe" make the selections you want as described here (remember the phone is Disconnected and TURNED OFF)

8. Press Detect and connect the phone. Octans will detect the device and the "Start Downloading" button will become available.

9. Press "Start Downloading" button cross your fingers and HAPPY Flashing :) (say thanks, it doesn't cost).

p.s.: ALL credits go to Rapid 81 and ErnstJanF for saving our a**es.

Edited by Parlas

Guest asomreh
All you have to do is to follow this guide: How to flash your Omnia 2 under Win7 32 & 64bit, VIDEO GUIDE (don't worry about the "i8000", it works like a charm to B7610 too).

(Here is the link to the

).

1. Download the staff: a. OCTANS_Downloader_v2.14.zip b. CDMA_Modem_driver_4.34.zip c. usb driver ( X86 or X64)

2. Restart the pc. On power on (before Windows loads) press regularly the F8 button (in order to get a list). Select the “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” and press Enter.

3. When Windows load completely connect the phone to the usb (TURNED OFF). Go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System" and press "Device manager". Then go to the "mobile devices" right click on the phone and select the "Update Driver Software". Click on "Browse my computer for driver software" -->Choose "Let me pick from the list of device drivers on my computer" --> Click on "Have Disk" and "Browse" and select the usb driver (c. from step 1) Click on "OK" and then "Next".

4. Go to the "CDMA_Modem_driver_4.34" folder and run the "setup.exe" --> Click "INSTALL" and the "OK".

6. Go to the "OCTANS Downloader" folder, Right Click "OCTANS Downloader v2.14.exe", go to Compatibility Tab an set compatibility to "Windows Xp Sp2".

7. Run "OCTANS Downloader v2.14.exe" make the selections you want as described here (remember the phone is Disconnected and TURNED OFF)

8. Press Detect and connect the phone. Octans will detect the device and the "Start Downloading" button will become available.

9. Press "Start Downloading" button cross your fingers and HAPPY Flashing :) (say thanks, it doesn't cost).

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! ( sorry for the caps)

im crossing my fingers and toes now. My Omnia Pro is currently flashing.

I hope this goes well. :S

Thanks again.

Guest pytan77

Thanks very, very much!

Octans finally recognises my phone in Windows 7 64-bit.

Haven't tried flashing yet, but should work since detection is OK.

Many thanks again! :)

Regards,

PY

(Here is the link to the

).

9. Press "Start Downloading" button cross your fingers and HAPPY Flashing :D (say thanks, it doesn't cost).

• 1 year later...
Guest ntd0626

I flashed my B7610 with Daskalos MEGAlitEX 29007. Every things work fine. Now I wanted to revert it back to official ROM but the OCTAN downloader 2.14 could not detect my device. I used windows XP SP3. Please help me.