Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.4

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

post-697226-1279502823_thumb.png

Presenting, Clockwork Recovery for the T-Mobile Pulse. Now official supported!

Installation guide: (easy)

Download ROMManager from the market. Some roms may have this pre-installed.

Run ROMManager and click "Install Recovery". Select "Huawei Pulse" when it gives a choice and ROMManager will automatically download and install the recovery for you.

Installation: (difficult)

How to install - Mac, Linux and OSX

Download recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.4-pulse.zip

Extract the archive.

Put your device in bootloader mode - turn if off, then tap the powerbutton while holding the 'Volume Down' and 'End (Red)' keys

Run the bat file to install recovery.

Mac/Linux users need to do "fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.4-pulse.img" to install recovery.

If you want to download the image on it's own then you can do so with this link

If you have any problems with the recovery image please report them to Koush on irc.freenode.net on channel #koush or contact him on twitter @clockworkmod

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O

Update. I've informed Koush exactly how I got the Pulse Mini recovery working on the big Pulse and sent him the relevant files. I should think that fairly soon we will have an official ClockworkMod Recovery for the Pulse along with RomManager (which is so awesome).

Speaking of recoveries I've also asked Amonra for an update to amonra recovery.

Guest jackson1

Your a superstar!, i hope this sorts out the problem of me not being able to get any zipped roms to work.

Edited by jackson1

Guest Simon O
Your a superstar!, i hope this sorts out the problem of me not being able to get any zipped roms to work.

It should allow you to install. It even has an option to disable the signature checking :angry:

Guest Simon O
Sounds great Flibblesan! :angry:

Will there be a u8230 version?

Once I get an official release for the pulse then I'll work on getting U8230 support enabled and pass over to Koush. I need to do this so we get updates and rommanager works.

Guest Simon O
So, as I understand i cannot simply use rom manager from the market and use it? do I have to install some image via adb or...?

The plan is that once it's made official Rommanager will be updated to support this recovery and you should be able to download the app from the market and use it to install the new recovery. It will also allow you to flash update zips from inside Android and make backups. And I will also arrange for FLB-MOD to be added to rommanager pro so it will automatically alert you to any updates and download them for you.

Anyway the whole point in doing this is to have a better and regularly updated recovery for our devices. Everything else is just gravy.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
Great news flibble! Doesn't look as slick as AmonRA, but at least we're making some progress :D

Not sure how it's not as slick. Both have simple text based menus :angry:

Clockwork has a much better file manager for selecting roms. No longer do you have to put them on the root of your SD.

Guest goce.nakov
Fantastic!

What are the main major benefits over AmonRA?

This one makes you coffee and do that lap dance....

Cmon guys you should know buy now what is the base job of the Recovery :angry:

And Fible already sayed the benefits over AmonRa

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest Azurren
This one makes you coffee and do that lap dance....

Cmon guys you should know buy now what is the base job of the Recovery :D

And Fible already sayed the benefits over AmonRa

Well he said it gets updates (Which doesn't make much difference) and that you maybe able to install and keep up to date while in Android OS.

But what about other changes? :angry:

Perhaps some to AppstoSD?

Guest Speckles

The GUI on all these recovery utilities is all the same - text based using the roller wheel. I don't like using that wheel. I want to use the touch screen!

I realise that we might not have room for oodles of graphics, but we should be able to get better than what looks like DOS, even if it means storing some optional files on the SD card.

Guest Simon O
Well he said it gets updates (Which doesn't make much difference) and that you maybe able to install and keep up to date while in Android OS.

But what about other changes? :angry:

Perhaps some to AppstoSD?

Well in terms of updates it'll be a lot better and if you are a premium Rommanager user then you will be able to download and flash FLB updates in a new and cool way.

For example, it'll show you the latest version being available as FLB-Mod-1.1 but there will be extras available also. Extras such as TMO-Kernel, Vanilla Framework etc. And you can select the ones you want and Rommanager will automatically send you to recovery and install the updates one by one. It saves me having to produce more than one rom for people. I can stick with one rom then produce additional updates for kernel, framework, launcher etc.

The recovery itself: "Features of the recovery image include Nandroid backup, adb shell, mount USB storage, advanced update.zip options (ignore asserts and signature checks), and file browser (so you can place your zips in subdirectories and organize them). "

and my favourite: Installation of recovery from inside Android. Allows for easy updates.

Guest Sl4yer
I realise that we might not have room for oodles of graphics, but we should be able to get better than what looks like DOS, even if it means storing some optional files on the SD card.

What's wrong with DOS?! :angry:

I quite like the AmonRA layout. Simple and practical. Looks aren't important for this sort of thing IMO. Plus, it makes me feel technical!

Guest Speckles
I quite like the AmonRA layout. Simple and practical. Looks aren't important for this sort of thing IMO.
I agree, but I think the controls are lacking. I'm paranoid that i'll accidentally press the roller button instead of moving up or down and then selecting the wrong option (thankfully most 'dangerous' things have confirmations).

Guest JingleManSweep
I agree, but I think the controls are lacking. I'm paranoid that i'll accidentally press the roller button instead of moving up or down and then selecting the wrong option (thankfully most 'dangerous' things have confirmations).

You can use the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" keys inside recovery mode to move the cursor, and I believe "Green (Call)" button acts as the OK action.