Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.4

Guest Simon O

Guest Totyasrác

Flib mate... I really can't find the words... If you manage to make this real for us - then you're not only the man, but THE MAN :(

For those requesting touchscreen support: you'd need the drivers for example meaning the op sys should be loaded. But then here's the question: how to install the new OS with the old one running?! It's not a PC to have graphical OS installer dammit :(

Can't wait to have this new recovery on my Pulse :P

(And if I'd known this before I would have donated even more - I'm on holiday and not reading all the new topics/posts all the time.)

Go for it, mate!!! :P

Guest DanWilson
THE MAN :(

No, Flib is;

THA MUTHA-FUZZING MAN!

Other than that, I must say that I for one wanted Clockwork recovery ported over because it would be newer, and would have more features, and have compatibility with ROM Manager

EDIT - Flibomatic : Does the green button work as a select and confirm button? Cos my Pulse decides to randomly press the trackball twice instead of once (like it should) so it's really hard to actually do anything... :(

Edited by DanWilson

Guest brack
when will this recovery be released?

doesnt look promising though. I tried to contact the author but... no reply at all. I suspect even that his site contact form doesnt work properly.

Guest Simon O
doesnt look promising though. I tried to contact the author but... no reply at all. I suspect even that his site contact form doesnt work properly.

Contact him on twitter. http://twitter.com/koush

I don't know what's going on myself either. The only change needed to the pulse mini recovery was a different kernel. I told him exactly this and provided a modified recovery image that I tested myself and I know works fine. I was told it'll be released soon but that was a few weeks ago. Since then he's created ports of the recovery for most of the new Samsung devices, so I know he's working on things. But I don't know why the Pulse release hasn't been made.

Guest DanWilson

I don't know what's going on myself either. The only change needed to the pulse mini recovery was a different kernel. I told him exactly this and provided a modified recovery image that I tested myself and I know works fine. I was told it'll be released soon but that was a few weeks ago. Since then he's created ports of the recovery for most of the new Samsung devices, so I know he's working on things. But I don't know why the Pulse release hasn't been made.

Can't you release it to your beloved Pulse community?

Guest DanWilson
Without the author's knowledge? Wouldn't be nice... :(

Well he kinda knows, and I thought it was like an open source thing, you know, Flib edits it so more people can use it, and then gets it out there so more people can enjoy said authors work. :(

Guest Totyasrác
Well he kinda knows, and I thought it was like an open source thing, you know, Flib edits it so more people can use it, and then gets it out there so more people can enjoy said authors work. :(

Guess we can see it that way - not sure the author is willig to do so :(

Guest Simon O

It wouldn't be wise for me to release it. Rommanager doesn't recognise it as an official recovery so refuses to do anything useful. All I need is for Koush to add it to the app database and I can either release it or he offers it for download.

The app tries to make you install the pulse mini recovery and I'm certain that just won't work.

Guest brack

Did it yesterday, still no reply, maybe I'm expecting it too soon.

Guest DanWilson
It wouldn't be wise for me to release it. Rommanager doesn't recognise it as an official recovery so refuses to do anything useful. All I need is for Koush to add it to the app database and I can either release it or he offers it for download.

The app tries to make you install the pulse mini recovery and I'm certain that just won't work.

I don't think everyone wants it just for the ROM Manager, I mean, flashing unsigned .zips is enough for me, and it's more up to date. Win-Win eh?

Guest Simon O

I'll give it until the weekend. If I still don't hear anything then I'll release the recovery image. Rommanager isn't open source so I can't even patch it to accept the pulse recovery. Well I can but I would get in a lot of trouble for it whilst it's closed source.

Guest DanWilson
I'll give it until the weekend. If I still don't hear anything then I'll release the recovery image. Rommanager isn't open source so I can't even patch it to accept the pulse recovery. Well I can but I would get in a lot of trouble for it whilst it's closed source.

Kewl. I hope this does work, cos OTA FLB-Mod would OWN!!

You have 8 posts till Hardcore mode initiates! :(

Guest Simon O
Kewl. I hope this does work, cos OTA FLB-Mod would OWN!!

You have 8 posts till Hardcore mode initiates! :(

Well I found a work-a-round. When you click "Install Recovery" from inside Rommanager it downloads the image to a folder on your SD card named

/clockworkmod/download/koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-pulsemini.img

so I found if I close rommanager and manually copy my patched recovery into that location, then load rommanager again, it informs me that recovery is available and allows you to flash it to the device. Then you can use almost all the functions inside rommanager.

Rommanager is needed if you want to partition the SD card or perform backups as the recovery image doesn't have any way to do these within itself. And clicking a few buttons is noob friendly :(

Guest DanWilson
Well I found a work-a-round. When you click "Install Recovery" from inside Rommanager it downloads the image to a folder on your SD card named

/clockworkmod/download/koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-pulsemini.img

so I found if I close rommanager and manually copy my patched recovery into that location, then load rommanager again, it informs me that recovery is available and allows you to flash it to the device. Then you can use almost all the functions inside rommanager.

Rommanager is needed if you want to partition the SD card or perform backups as the recovery image doesn't have any way to do these within itself. And clicking a few buttons is noob friendly :(

So we have ROM Manager working (however "-ish").

Next is OTA, and the only way I can think of is making it a Pulse Mini ROM (but say Pulse BIG only), so the ROM Manager thinks we have Clockwork, thinks we are Pulse Mini, and gives us OTA FLB-Mod.

Party

Guest Simon O
So we have ROM Manager working (however "-ish").

Next is OTA, and the only way I can think of is making it a Pulse Mini ROM (but say Pulse BIG only), so the ROM Manager thinks we have Clockwork, thinks we are Pulse Mini, and gives us OTA FLB-Mod.

Party

Adding the rom to rommanager to allow OTA needs the author to add it to the main database. I can't do that myself.

Guest MuhaJR
Adding the rom to rommanager to allow OTA needs the author to add it to the main database. I can't do that myself.

How about publishing rom here? To use it manually as You described before? :-))))

Guest DanWilson

Dammit.

Well then Koush, it appears you have defeated us. Please will you add the Pulse to the database?

I asked amon_ra if he could update his recovery for the pulse. he replied:

Amon_RA @ mra1n1 was al vergeten dat ik er ooit eentje voor de pulse had gemaakt... zal het proberen maar beloof niets

Translated into english:

I almost forgot that I had made a recovery for the pulse... I will try to update it but I dont promise anything.

at least he replied :(

Guest Simon O
I asked amon_ra if he could update his recovery for the pulse. he replied:

Amon_RA @ mra1n1 was al vergeten dat ik er ooit eentje voor de pulse had gemaakt... zal het proberen maar beloof niets

Translated into english:

I almost forgot that I had made a recovery for the pulse... I will try to update it but I dont promise anything.

at least he replied :(

He said the same to me a while ago. Nothing happened.

Ok I got sick of waiting so presenting Clockwork recovery for the T-Mobile Pulse

Please follow instructions carefully!

1) Mount your phones SD card either from the phone or using a card reader.

2) Download http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/flbmod/ext...lockworkmod.zip and extract it to your SD card so the 'clockworkmod' folder is in the root and inside this contains a 'download' folder and a report.log file

3) Unmount the SD card and insert back into the phone if you removed it.

4) Launch ROM Manager. Click the button that says "Flash Clockwork Recovery". It will give you two devices to choose from. Click "Huawei Pulse Mini". Don't worry about this. Because we copied a folder to the SD card, ROM Manager will see the recovery has already been downloaded and flashes this instead. This recovery IS the Pulse Mini but the kernel replaced so it works on our bigger Pulse devices.

5) ROM Manager will say "Successfully flashed ClockwordMod recovery!". Click OK

6) Now you can use ROM Manager as intended (apart from OTA rom downloads. Please do not buy the app yet as FLB is not enabled for this).

Now you can flash update zips from within the app and create backups, partition your SD card etc. Do NOT use the option "All ClockworkMod Recoveries" as you could end up flashing a recovery that won't work.

well done mate, you did a great job :(

Guest Totyasrác
4) Launch ROM Manager. Click the button that says "Flash Clockwork Recovery". It will give you two devices to choose from. Click "Huawei Pulse Mini". Don't worry about this. Because we copied a folder to the SD card, ROM Manager will see the recovery has already been downloaded and flashes this instead. This recovery IS the Pulse Mini but the kernel replaced so it works on our bigger Pulse devices.

Well - HOW? :(

I mean I've put the clockworkmod folder onto my SD but how on Earth can I launc ROM manager?