Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.4

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
Well - HOW? :(

I mean I've put the clockworkmod folder onto my SD but how on Earth can I launc ROM manager?

If you don't have ROM Manager installed already then you can download it from the market. It's included in FLB 1.1 and above.

Guest Totyasrác
If you don't have ROM Manager installed already then you can download it from the market. It's included in FLB 1.1 and above.

Geez :(

Thanks mate, it's done. However haven't tried the functionality of this yet (nothing to flash at the moment I guess :()

Guest Simon O
Geez :(

Thanks mate, it's done. However haven't tried the functionality of this yet (nothing to flash at the moment I guess :P)

Excellent. As long as ROM Manager recognises that the recovery is installed then you are ready to go. It's much easier flashing things from inside Android :(

Guest Totyasrác
Excellent. As long as ROM Manager recognises that the recovery is installed then you are ready to go. It's much easier flashing things from inside Android :(

Okay - what happens if I flash a new ROM? Is this stuff gonna be overwritten and needed to be reinstalled?

Guest Simon O
Okay - what happens if I flash a new ROM? Is this stuff gonna be overwritten and needed to be reinstalled?

You will be given two check boxes which allow you to make a backup first and wipe data/cache. You can choose to do so or not, up to you. It's always advisable to make a backup first but try flashing without wiping data and if you have problems you can always recover your backup or do a wipe and install.

Guest Simon O
O...k

And now how to get back to amonra?

Cause this one doesn't mount like usb (or I'm too blind to find it?).

It can be found in "Partitions menu" right at the bottom. Odd place to put it yes.

Guest fredewis

hi am i read this n i wonder wat is it for.my understanding is if i install this onto flb1.0 i can upgrade to 1.2tre by downloading the rom manager from market meaning i wouldnt have to use the ultimate pulse owners guide but just a few clicks am i correct. and is it possible ? thankx and im starting to get the hang of the terms thankx to everyone.

Guest Simon O
hi am i read this n i wonder wat is it for.my understanding is if i install this onto flb1.0 i can upgrade to 1.2tre by downloading the rom manager from market meaning i wouldnt have to use the ultimate pulse owners guide but just a few clicks am i correct. and is it possible ? thankx and im starting to get the hang of the terms thankx to everyone.

Install ROM Manager from the market and extract the clockwork recovery zip as I mentioned earlier. Download the FLB 1.2 update and copy to your sd card then inside ROM Manager use the option to install rom from SD. it'll let you make a backup and wipe your device.

Currently ROM Manager will not download updates for FLB. I cannot do this until 1) Koush adds official Pulse support for clockworkrecovery and 2) FLB-Mod is added to the master database for ROM Manager. OTA updates also require the paid for ROM Manager Pro :(

Guest fredewis
Install ROM Manager from the market and extract the clockwork recovery zip as I mentioned earlier. Download the FLB 1.2 update and copy to your sd card then inside ROM Manager use the option to install rom from SD. it'll let you make a backup and wipe your device.

Currently ROM Manager will not download updates for FLB. I cannot do this until 1) Koush adds official Pulse support for clockworkrecovery and 2) FLB-Mod is added to the master database for ROM Manager. OTA updates also require the paid for ROM Manager Pro :(

wow you are awesom so there isent a need to use the pulse guide now all we have to do is add rom to sd and use rom manage .also i have to make a back up then a wip using rom manager sowat happens to ap2sd and all my aps and music? thankx alot.

Guest stealthstealer
Rommanager is needed if you want to partition the SD card or perform backups as the recovery image doesn't have any way to do these within itself. And clicking a few buttons is noob friendly :(

waitt, so the recovery image doesn't let us restore/make backups? This has to be done through ROMmanager? I don't like the sound of that. I mean, when we're caught in a boot loop or we've 'bricked' our phone, or we haven't/can't install rommanager etc, how do we restore a backup? i always liked the security amon ra gave, that if i messed up my phone i could just restore from recovery, even if the phone wouldn't turn on.

apart from my little concern, great work! You're doing so much to make my £75 phone awesome, right up there with BoBo and paul in terms of what you've done for us!

Guest Simon O
waitt, so the recovery image doesn't let us restore/make backups? This has to be done through ROMmanager? I don't like the sound of that. I mean, when we're caught in a boot loop or we've 'bricked' our phone, or we haven't/can't install rommanager etc, how do we restore a backup? i always liked the security amon ra gave, that if i messed up my phone i could just restore from recovery, even if the phone wouldn't turn on.

apart from my little concern, great work! You're doing so much to make my £75 phone awesome, right up there with BoBo and paul in terms of what you've done for us!

Ahem, I never said it doesn't let you restore or make backups inside recovery - it does. It would be a pretty s*** recovery if it didn't! :(

post-697226-1280449464_thumb.png

Guest stealthstealer
Ahem, I never said it doesn't let you restore or make backups inside recovery - it does. It would be a pretty s*** recovery if it didn't! :(

post-697226-1280449464_thumb.png

yeah, that's what i thought! Thank you, and what did you mean by it can't 'perform backups' within itself then? Do you just have to have rommanager installed, but you still do backups through recovery?

Guest Simon O
yeah, that's what i thought! Thank you, and what did you mean by it can't 'perform backups' within itself then? Do you just have to have rommanager installed, but you still do backups through recovery?

I really should have checked what I wrote. The recovery cannot partition SD cards within itself, but can do everything else.

Guest fredewis
wow you are awesom so there isent a need to use the pulse guide now all we have to do is add rom to sd and use rom manage .also i have to make a back up then a wip using rom manager sowat happens to ap2sd and all my aps and music? thankx alot.

hi flb could this post be reasured to me thankx ....^

Guest fredewis

wow you are awesom so there isent a need to use the pulse guide now all we have to do is add rom to sd and use rom manage .also i have to make a back up then a wip using rom manager sowat happens to ap2sd and all my aps and music? thankx alot

Guest niko1986

Who needs OTA anyway when you can use the official dropbox app and are added to the Pulse shared folder :( I've been trying to keep the FLB folder upto date :(

Guest brack

Maybe I did something wrong, but I followed all steps, extracted to the folder clockworkmod on sd, checked that files are there, remembered their date-time-size (just in case), run Rom manager pressed flash recovery, it complains that I have no internet connection, fine, thought it suppose to, so I connected via WiFi, tried to flash again, it flashed successfully but with downloaded image, not the one I extracted from zip. What is wrong?

Guest Simon O
Maybe I did something wrong, but I followed all steps, extracted to the folder clockworkmod on sd, checked that files are there, remembered their date-time-size (just in case), run Rom manager pressed flash recovery, it complains that I have no internet connection, fine, thought it suppose to, so I connected via WiFi, tried to flash again, it flashed successfully but with downloaded image, not the one I extracted from zip. What is wrong?

Make sure it has been extracted correctly to your SD card. Or manually replace the image on the SD card with the one from the zip.

/clockworkmod/download/koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-pulsemini.img

Guest brack
Make sure it has been extracted correctly to your SD card. Or manually replace the image on the SD card with the one from the zip.

/clockworkmod/download/koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-pulsemini.img

Ok will go through the process again when I revive my phone from rain accident. So, I shouldnt connect to the internet, the thing should flash without connection? And another - if it is already flashed, but wrong one, can I simply reflash it, or do I have to reflash amon-ra first?

Guest brack
Tehere's an update @Market for ROMManager - should I or shouldn't update?

Good question, another like this is - what if author updates the version of the pulse mini image, would it matter, or we would need to rename the image we have to fit the name of official file?

Guest Epic-Emodude
Tehere's an update @Market for ROMManager - should I or shouldn't update?

You can update - Last night when he released the recovery image the update was already out, so when I downloaded it from the market it worked.

Also, this morning I flashed FLB mod 1.2 and then updated Rom manager and it still works.

Aaron

Guest fredewis

wow you are awesom so there isent a need to use the pulse guide now all we have to do is add rom to sd and use rom manage .also i have to make a back up then a wip using rom manager sowat happens to ap2sd and all my aps and music? thankx alot