[ROM][21/09/10] My Ultra Lites

Guest shadowangel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shadowangel
+1 (NXXJH1)
I did one... 6.1 21057 (latest 6.1 build) JH1 - 118MB free (not sinans - but with more pre-built stuff with twu2's lite script)

Anyone care to test it? :lol:

I did one... 6.1 21057 (latest 6.1 build) JH1 - 118MB free (not sinans - but with more pre-built stuff with twu2's lite script)

Anyone care to test it? :lol:

When you gonna post it?

Guest shadowangel

There you go:

Mix of 6.5 kernel with a 6.1 system just as sinan's.

JH1 21057

pass: shadow

I think of it as a For Fun Release. I've tested it and it went up and ringed fine.

NetCF updated with latest package from 6.5

118MB free memory after boot :lol:

Edited by shadowangel

Guest johnchua55

trying to download as of the moment ...... my internet connection is crappy this time of day ......... does usb activesync work properly ? as far as i have experienced that was the only downside to sinan's mutant rom

There you go:

JH1 21057

I think of it as a For Fun Release. I've tested it and it went up and ringed fine.

What 's password for extracting ?

There you go:

JH1 21057

What 's eboot use for flashing this rom ? sorry for my bad english

Guest johnchua55

Thanks for this SUPER ROM shadowangel !!!!

using JH1 eboot ..... i get 120mb ram free at bootup (bare) ..... with all apps installed SPB + MSkip proplus Ultimate V2 ....still 90mb ram free !!! this is with samsung dialer installed and enabled.

for those trying this out .... don't forget to install Net Framework (not included in rom) .... fortunately i figured it out right away why some app didn't work.

samsung cube (seems to hang the phone ) as with samsung task switcher ..... but then again who needs these ??? hehehehe

as of now this seems to be the fastest ROM i have tested ..... samsung dialer still pops up from the bottom .... but boy u can see the speed up.

Edited by johnchua55

Hey thanks for share, i'm really excited to test this rom, someone else want to post a review about this 6.1 JH rom? What about Windows mobile 6.1?

Hi everybody!

I tested Shadow's JH1 6.1 ROM and it's SPEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just after a soft reset 117MB free RAM and 298MB free ROM. After installing a Samsung dialpad, call log, phonebook and many other stuffs plus Samsung today enabled it still has 97MB free RAM.

Shadow, will you please make a SEMI LITE ROM, keeping/porting most of the Samsung software?

Guest shadowangel
Thanks for this SUPER ROM shadowangel !!!!

using JH1 eboot ..... i get 120mb ram free at bootup (bare) ..... with all apps installed SPB + MSkip proplus Ultimate V2 ....still 90mb ram free !!! this is with samsung dialer installed and enabled.

for those trying this out .... don't forget to install Net Framework (not included in rom) .... fortunately i figured it out right away why some app didn't work.

samsung cube (seems to hang the phone ) as with samsung task switcher ..... but then again who needs these ??? hehehehe

as of now this seems to be the fastest ROM i have tested ..... samsung dialer still pops up from the bottom .... but boy u can see the speed up.

Thanks for the info about the NetCF... I'll attach it's cab here :lol:

NetCF_v35.rar

Guest rom_omnia2

Hey, i'm using this jh1 6.1, seems really fast, but i didn't liked this winmo 6.1, i prefer a user interface of 6.5 or 6.5.X, but if you really need a speed improvement then this is a good rom.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest johnchua55

6.5 uses more memory than 6.1 ......i think this is the main reason why they make hybrid roms .....a good chunk of memory saved. Downside is 6.5 has nicer interface and touch capability. one thing i notice in the touch capability ... in some apps .... horizontal scrolling can only be done via the scrollbars .... unlike 6.5 where vertical/horizontal scrolling is easily accomplished touching anypart of the screen. Well it's a matter of preference in the end.

Guest shadowangel
6.5 uses more memory than 6.1 ......i think this is the main reason why they make hybrid roms .....a good chunk of memory saved. Downside is 6.5 has nicer interface and touch capability. one thing i notice in the touch capability ... in some apps .... horizontal scrolling can only be done via the scrollbars .... unlike 6.5 where vertical/horizontal scrolling is easily accomplished touching anypart of the screen. Well it's a matter of preference in the end.
Or adaptation :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jmsmartins

hi shadow

don't know if this was reported b4 (sorry if it was) but in your 6.5 ULite there's a gap between the bottom bar and the samsung keyboard. also the keyboard skin is the same as 6.5.x roms.

looks like a nice rom, would be nice if you could fix this (gap and skin :) )

cheers

Guest jackjack078

Hi Shadow,

first of all, thanks for the lite roms... I have been waiting to go back to wm6.1 for long time. I always liked the speed on everything, Touch Player plays H264 video with no lag at all, battery life, etc.. finally you made one, and even better with more ram and storage. thank you!!

I am wondering if I just want it to be able to show traditional chinese, but have all menu stay in English. what file should I get to make your wm6.1 rom? or is there a language cab can be found?

again, thanks very much. I like your super fast and stable rom. :)

Guest johnchua55

here ya go ... a friend of mine was asking for chinese fonts and keyboard. Personally my chinese kindergarten level hehehehehe ..... not sure if this is traditional chinese ....

install

Mingliu font and registry entries ..... these will give u ability to read chinese fonts

install 140kPlumSIP Pro WVGA V6.1.0010.cab ...... chinese keyboard .... seems like a nice one too ( though i don't use it but tested it and seems to work without any bugs ) ...... this keyboard seems to take up a bit ram though mostlikely because chinese language is a huge language with so many characters plus it needs a program to predict the character as you write it. i think it eats something like 8 to 10mb of ram.

http://www.4shared.com/file/MOU7esoB/1mingliu_font_only.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/W7oRikkC/140kP...GA_V610010.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/XV9R1vAx/2ming...istry_only.html

Guest shadowangel
here ya go ... a friend of mine was asking for chinese fonts and keyboard. Personally my chinese kindergarten level hehehehehe ..... not sure if this is traditional chinese ....

install

Mingliu font and registry entries ..... these will give u ability to read chinese fonts

install 140kPlumSIP Pro WVGA V6.1.0010.cab ...... chinese keyboard .... seems like a nice one too ( though i don't use it but tested it and seems to work without any bugs ) ...... this keyboard seems to take up a bit ram though mostlikely because chinese language is a huge language with so many characters plus it needs a program to predict the character as you write it. i think it eats something like 8 to 10mb of ram.

Thanks for helping him out :)

Guest jackjack078

install

thank you john, thats very helpful. and thanks shadow for this great rom