27/Jul r3b MG Custom Rom for pulse mini

Guest gforums

Guest xdandroid
You must use the ADB drivers, that are on the mini's virtual CD drive. There's an setup.exe on the CD which installs the drivers.

As I had issues with the digital signature of the adb driver, I needed to start windows with deactivated driver signature check. That's done by pressing F8 while booting Windows7 and then choosing the equivalent option from the windows bootmenu.

that way you get adb access to the phone!

done... do i start it in fastboot mode then?

Guest gforums

as long as you have usb debugging enabled, you should be able to use adb while your phone is switched on normally.

You can find adb-windows.exe also in one of the recovery-image install packages from Paul.

Guest xdandroid
as long as you have usb debugging enabled, you should be able to use adb while your phone is switched on normally.

You can find adb-windows.exe also in one of the recovery-image install packages from Paul.

Mm yes i have flashed the recovery, and i flashed the custom rom in this thread and now get the continuous FC from CustomAPKsHidden (same as in the pictures above) from . So I can't even get to adb... right now i'm downloading the stock rom to try to reflash it. And no, stupid me didn't make a nandroid backup before flashing... :(

EDIT: i do have usb debugging enabled, but i get "error: device not found" from adb (both the standard one and the one from the custom recovery package). Strange, since I *was* able to flash the recovery image before...

Edited by xdandroid

Guest gforums

I think flashing works over fastboot. I'm not sure whether adb works different.

Have you had a look at your windows device manager for a Android ADB device properly installed?

Guest xdandroid
I think flashing works over fastboot. I'm not sure whether adb works different.

Have you had a look at your windows device manager for a Android ADB device properly installed?

good question. it doesn't show up. i'll try a reboot...

EDIT: got the device (Android Sooner Single ADB Interface) in the device manager.. but still no adb access. Running adb from the recovery package as root / admin (in a cmd window)

still get "error: device not found"....

Edited by xdandroid

Guest xdandroid
good question. it doesn't show up. i'll try a reboot...

EDIT: got the device (Android Sooner Single ADB Interface) in the device manager.. but still no adb access. Running adb from the recovery package as root / admin (in a cmd window)

still get "error: device not found"....

device shows up in device manager.

- Fastboot works in fastboot mode. Does not work in "normal" mode with USB debugging enabled. (tried with "fastboot-windows.exe reboot")

- adb doesn't work at all, neither in fastboot mode nor in normal usb debugging mode.

now, how can I rm /system/app/CustomAPKsHidden* ? ...or can someone please remove it from the rom and re-sign it..?

device shows up in device manager.

- Fastboot works in fastboot mode. Does not work in "normal" mode with USB debugging enabled. (tried with "fastboot-windows.exe reboot")

- adb doesn't work at all, neither in fastboot mode nor in normal usb debugging mode.

now, how can I rm /system/app/CustomAPKsHidden* ? ...or can someone please remove it from the rom and re-sign it..?

The Pulse Mini always seems a picky about ADB access, there is a post on this forum somewhere about it. Have you tried it when in 'recovery'? It works for me when I launch AmonRA Recovery 1.6.2, I'm able to remove, add files etc.

Also when I reboot using the 'Reboot' option in the recovery console, ADB access seems to work once the pgone is booted.

Edited by m2te

Guest xdandroid
The Pulse Mini always seems a picky about ADB access, there is a post on this forum somewhere about it. Have you tried it when in 'recovery'? It works for me when I launch AmonRA Recovery 1.6.2, I'm able to remove, add files etc.

Also when I reboot using the 'Reboot' option in the recovery console, ADB access seems to work once the pgone is booted.

i have amon-ra and can boot to the recovery console, but nope, no adb access there either (fastboot also doesn't work there..)

are you using windows or linux?

i have amon-ra and can boot to the recovery console, but nope, no adb access there either (fastboot also doesn't work there..)

are you using windows or linux?

Windows 7 32bit. I am running adb-windows.exe from the 1.6.2-pulsemini-amonrarecovery package.

Guest xdandroid
Windows 7 32bit. I am running adb-windows.exe from the 1.6.2-pulsemini-amonrarecovery package.

same here. Well, anyway... i'll just have to wait for the next version of the custom rom, without the offending package... :(

BTW: my device is a U8100 - not U8110 - don't know if they are any different though...

Edited by xdandroid

Guest gforums

aahh....okay. Well a U8100 is not a U8110. Sure, they are nearly identical. But this may be the cause of your trouble as no one else has it.

my advice as I don't have the time now:

Download r3b zip file, and remove the customapkshidden.apk and ..odex files yourself. you find them in the zip in /system/app.

Save the zip file and sign it yourself.

You can find the tool here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ghlight=signing

It's easy to use.

Install JAVA Runtime and android SDK.

Do as explained on that webpage. Open autosign.bat, choose "1", then "2" than "3" and then "4".

Instead of entering the path here, you can also "drag" your zip file in the command window.

press enter. type "yes" and it will re-sign your file.

Guest xdandroid
aahh....okay. Well a U8100 is not a U8110. Sure, they are nearly identical. But this may be the cause of your trouble as no one else has it.

my advice as I don't have the time now:

Download r3b zip file, and remove the customapkshidden.apk and ..odex files yourself. you find them in the zip in /system/app.

Save the zip file and sign it yourself.

done successfully, but get error in the recovery console when flashing:

"E:Can't find update script

Installation aborted"

?

EDIT: DO'H!!! I zipped the folder... have to zip only the contents!

EDIT2: New error:

"E: Missing file:

system/app/CustomAPKsHidden.odex

E:Verification aborted"

ok...

EDIT3: had to remove the entries for the .apk and .odex files from

META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

META-INF/CERT.SF

then re-zip and re-sign

flashing now... :(

Wo-hoo! Flashed, booting... booted... yay! Working!

Anyone want the ROM, just shout... :(

Edited by xdandroid

Guest dt_matthews
Loving R3b :( Only issues I've found is Fancy Widget doesn't save the settings, and when the screen turns off and wi-fi disconnects, it doesn't reconnect when I turn the phone back on. Battery useage seems quite high, but that could be that I'm messing around with it so much and I've only had it three days :(

Everything else is great :P Thanks for all your work.

Can somone advise me, i have scoured this thread but I'm not clear on what to do. I flashed r3b & I no longer have access to my devices card via USB, the device is detected when plugged in (charges and appears in Device Mgr [win7], but I the corresponding storage device in Explorer is just showing as a CD which cannot be mounted/opened... any advice much appreciated!

cheers,

dan

Guest mczack

Installation aborted"

?

ok...

META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

META-INF/CERT.SF

then re-zip and re-sign

flashing now... :)

Anyone want the ROM, just shout... :D

can you send it to me please

Guest skitzophren

Installation aborted"

?

ok...

META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

META-INF/CERT.SF

then re-zip and re-sign

flashing now... :)

Anyone want the ROM, just shout... :D

You from sweden?

Ive got it working to... all except wifi!

Did tour wifi work? if so.. how did, or what did u do??

Guest xdandroid
You from sweden?

Ive got it working to... all except wifi!

Did tour wifi work? if so.. how did, or what did u do??

Yep sweden. No, no WiFi nor GPS..

Guest skitzophren
Yep sweden. No, no WiFi nor GPS..

GPS i forgott to test! I´ll put that on my agenda tomorrow

For now i have removed the two following things from original rom:

CustomAPKsHidden.apk

CustomAPKsHidden.odex

So for Swedish users, rom work fine, except for Wifi and Gps as shown in post above

I had a mix of Swe / Eng menu language, looking for swedish langpack to add to rom, if u have pls give me

Also i coulden´t find any Swedish keybord so i choosed Swiftkey beta - works fine, but if anyone know where to put langfiles for Thouchpal in system, pls inform me cuz i didnt find it

File is signed and uploaded here: http://www.4shared.com/file/an1zr-wF/r3b_p...ini_signed.html

If someone want me to remove other stuffs, like languages or unwanted software i´ll be @ service

On the rom i used on my phone i stripped down from 133mb to about 109

Still working fine, just removed what i didn´t need like facebook, musicplayer, widgets, gtalk and so on

Tell me what u like and i might help u

Guest Zisius
GPS i forgott to test! I´ll put that on my agenda tomorrow

So for Swedish users, rom work fine, except for Wifi and Gps as shown in post above

Hi,

flashed ROM on an Austrian T-Mobile Pulse Mini, but GPS ist not working. Can anyone comfirm this?

Cheers,

Zisius

Guest Lyphen

Hi gforums,

I'm wondering, where did you learn to do this, and were did you start off? Like xdandroid, I have a U8100 (though it's AWS and version 9 from Canada), and I'm desperate to try and create my own ROM based on the stock ROM, but removing a lot of the bloatware Huawei includes. What's the base ROM to use? Is it the one on the Huawei website? Any tips?

Thanks.

Edited by Lyphen

Hi gforums,

I'm wondering, where did you learn to do this, and were did you start off? Like xdandroid, I have a U8100 (though it's AWS and version 9 from Canada), and I'm desperate to try and create my own ROM based on the stock ROM, but removing a lot of the bloatware Huawei includes. What's the base ROM to use? Is it the one on the Huawei website? Any tips?

Thanks.

Hi,

I think gforums is on his hols so I'll chip in with some info, I was working through a lot of this around the same time as gforums and we helped each other out a bit, we both released a rom, mine which is more stock with all (most) of the T-Mobile pink removed and gforums with a similar base but more mods for eyecandy and features.

First thing, where did we learn this? Reading every relevant forum post we could find.

Where did I Start? I downloaded come custom roms for the Pulse then extracting the contents to try to understand what's in them, I needed to understand them to understand how to create them. I know it's not the same phone but it is similar enough. After that I needed to find a base rom for the custom rom. For most other phones this is easy as other clever people have got there first and done all the hard work for us but not for the Pulse Mini, or atleast I couldn't find it. So I downloaded the stock rom from the Huawei site then found a way to extract it.

Once extracted my next step was to understand the file system, then creating an update.zip without making any changes and seeing if it works, once I understood how to build working update.zip files the modding began in earnest.

Look at the Pulse forums, there is loads of good info in there including tools to extract the rom-

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...at-youre-doing/

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...s/#entry1138862

Once you got the updata extracted you need to find which file is the img for the system then you'll need to unyaffs it to extract the contents.

There's loads more to get your head around, some more links-

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...e-official-rom/

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...e-2-1-lite-rom/

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...0/#entry1361510

http://theunlockr.com/2010/03/26/how-to-cr...up-the-kitchen/

http://theunlockr.com/2010/04/15/how-to-cr...your-first-rom/

http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?titl...ack_Boot_Images

Guest Lyphen

Oh God! Haha!

Well, I guess I have some spare time to try and learn all that - I seem to come across problems easily though. Can't use ADB mount/root because I don't have permissions, so I can't even simply remove the apks I wanted gone. Even though I do have root and superuser permissions. So I'm at a loss.

Oh well, guess it's time to learn! :) Thanks.

Edited by Lyphen