27/Jul r3b MG Custom Rom for pulse mini

Guest gforums

Guest CodeWarrior

Hi gforums, just wanted to say thanks for a great rom, it's made the Pulse Mini soo much better (and usable).

I have tested r3b and everything seems to work perfectly except for one thing - contacts. All I want to be able to do is list the contacts on my sim card but they won't show. It seems that I can only use contacts from a Google account. Also delete contact doesn't seem to work and neither does import/export sim contacts.

Are you having any of these problems. I'm using a UK T-Mobile Pulse Mini.

Keep up the good work and look forward to r4.

Guest Gjole86

i cant find proper fix for that too. using my own rom but contacts and gallery apps are just ... (insert_bad_word_here) with me. at the moment my contacts work ok just 1 little thing, all contacts are listed as Z so u cant use the slider for alphabetical scrolling.

about default pulse mini galery still cant find whats causing the FCs. using the ported Nexus like gallery is nice for eyecandy but its slow, using B&B Gallery app is almost-like-default.

Guest CodeWarrior
i cant find proper fix for that too. using my own rom but contacts and gallery apps are just ... (insert_bad_word_here) with me. at the moment my contacts work ok just 1 little thing, all contacts are listed as Z so u cant use the slider for alphabetical scrolling.

about default pulse mini galery still cant find whats causing the FCs. using the ported Nexus like gallery is nice for eyecandy but its slow, using B&B Gallery app is almost-like-default.

OK I did some further testing. It maybe that the default (vanilla) android contacts app only works with Google contacts!? Although there definitely seems to be some bugs. For example it won't list the contacts on your SIM but if you do a search it will find them (also delete doesn't work).

I've tested the stock T-Mobile ROM and the contacts app seems much better (apart from the pink!) in that it works with SIM/phone contacts. You can also import/export between SIM and phone.

Is there a way to use this contacts app with the custom rom?

Gjole86: Gallery works fine for me (no FCs) and the contacts are listed alphabetically.

Guest Gjole86
Gjole86: Gallery works fine for me (no FCs) and the contacts are listed alphabetically.

what rom are u using? stock rom or some of these shared here. if it isnt big trouble to u can u upload ur gallery and contact apps u have? or maybe whole nandroid backup :huh:

atm my mod is version4 but havent released anything just coz i want to be sure that _everything_ works as it should. with no crap workarrounds.

Is there a way to use this contacts app with the custom rom?

- yes, if u have root, u can overwrite them with root explorer. some users use ADB but it works when it wants (very very unreliable) ;)

Edited by Gjole86

Guest CodeWarrior
what rom are u using?

I'm using r3b MG Custom Rom. It sounds like you are using mikem2te Custom Rom which I've just tried out and it lists all the contacts under Z like you mentioned.

- yes, if u have root, u can overwrite them with root explorer. some users use ADB but it works when it wants (very very unreliable) :huh:

I've tried mixing and matching the Contacts app from stock and custom roms but unfortunately this just causes FCs, I think there is more to it than just copying the apk.

I prefer the Contacts version in mikem2te's rom but it still has a couple of bugs that I noticed. Firstly the alphabetical listing doesn't work (all come under Z) and secondly when you choose "Copy from SIM card" no contacts are found (if you go to "Memory Status" it correctly lists how many contacts are on the SIM.

Which stock ROM is this Contacts app taken from and what is needed to successfully transfer the app over? I noticed there is a ContactsProvider.apk/.odex file but not sure what that does.

Guest fredfox_uk

I've been getting messages that the installed beta of Launcher Pro has expired. When I try to install the latest version from the market place I get an error that the package file is not signed correctly.

Any one else getting the same ? any solutions ?

Thanks

Guest Danh2122
I've been getting messages that the installed beta of Launcher Pro has expired. When I try to install the latest version from the market place I get an error that the package file is not signed correctly.

Any one else getting the same ? any solutions ?

Thanks

I had this, simply Uninstall the Launcherpro first, the install the newest version via the market.

Guest fredfox_uk
I had this, simply Uninstall the Launcherpro first, the install the newest version via the market.

I sometimes think that my brain turns to mush when I'm at work. That's so obvious you've no idea how stupid I now feel :huh:

Thanks - back to sleep for me ;)

Guest damnsmalldan

Using R3b, which is very good.

However I have a couple of problems which aren't really that important.

After the Red Huawei boot screen (which I think should be changed to something better) there is a coupe of seconds where I just have a black screen. Then the lock screen appears.

Also, the FM Radio App is still pink in places.

Guest AndroidKiller

I used this on my old android u8110 and kept getting error andorid.process.acore error whenever I used an application luckily I had warrenty so I got brand smaking new one but was wodnering is this common or has this been fixed? Thanks

Guest deaglecat
I used this on my old android u8110 and kept getting error andorid.process.acore error whenever I used an application luckily I had warrenty so I got brand smaking new one but was wodnering is this common or has this been fixed? Thanks

Same problem here... I tried uninstalling stuff but to no avail - so I reflashed from recovery.

Guest Totyasrác

Hi there!

I've just installed the latest version (as first custom ROM on my Mini) and USB mounting of SD card is not working - however it is supposed to be fixed.

Edit: wifi could be switched on only for the second try - I swear this is version r3b :lol: (Even though the "About phone" shows MG custom rom r3 by mike/gforum :-o

Any idea? Yes, wiped everything before install :)

Cheers!

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest Totyasrác
USB mounting of SD card is not working - however it is supposed to be fixed.

Edit: wifi could be switched on only for the second try - I swear this is version r3b :lol: (Even though the "About phone" shows MG custom rom r3 by mike/gforum :-o

Any idea? Yes, wiped everything before install :)

Wow - if I miss 2 hours checkin' the Pulse threads I'm lost - now here at Pulse Mini noone is answering in two days?

:(

Any guesses about SD mounting problem w/r3b please?

Tried to firmware r3b through AmonRa, there was a message: system/framework/services.odex E:Verification failed. Installaition aborted

I use MTS-Android (u8110) from Belarus.

What is the problem?

Guest AndroidKiller
Tried to firmware r3b through AmonRa, there was a message: system/framework/services.odex E:Verification failed. Installaition aborted

I use MTS-Android (u8110) from Belarus.

What is the problem?

Use clockwork recovery, it works with that

Guest Temdegon

I've installed this rom (r3b-pulsemini-MGcustomrom-signed) at my Huawei U8110

but at first boot I've got error

The application CustomAPKsHidden closed unspectedly....

What's that means? I did somethig wrong? Or my phone doesn't fit this rom?

Thanks

I've installed this rom (r3b-pulsemini-MGcustomrom-signed) at my Huawei U8110(mts-android(Belarus))

but at first boot I've got error

The application

CustomAPKsHidden(process

com.huawei.android.CustomAPKsHidden) has

stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. and again? and again......

• 2 weeks later...