Bluetooth car connection impossible with 2.1?

Guest dwattsy21

Guest dwattsy21

Hi Guys,

After the long wait to Install 2.1, it seems I am going to have to revert back to 1.5. This is because i can find no way to be able to connect my hero with r5 to my pioneer car head unit for telephone calls. It connects fine for BT audio, but only connects 1 in 10 times for telephone functions, and only for 2 seconds a time. I read on android forums that several people have the same problem. Any Ideas guys or is it possible for one of you geniuses to change the code or something somehow to allow for it to work??

I don't wana go back to 1.5 :angry:

Cheers, Dave

P.S, also does anybody have any issues with the HTC mail app in r5? I can't seem to connect it to my google account?

Guest Baggieboy

My 2.1 Hero hasn't had any problems connecting to my car radio. I had to unpair and pair after the upgrade but it just works.

Guest Paul Gillingwater

Sorry, but it works for me -- Modaco r5 pairs nicely with the Kia Cee'd Bluetooth for both phone calls, navigation and music replay.

Guest DeekB
Hi Guys,

After the long wait to Install 2.1, it seems I am going to have to revert back to 1.5. This is because i can find no way to be able to connect my hero with r5 to my pioneer car head unit for telephone calls. It connects fine for BT audio, but only connects 1 in 10 times for telephone functions, and only for 2 seconds a time. I read on android forums that several people have the same problem. Any Ideas guys or is it possible for one of you geniuses to change the code or something somehow to allow for it to work??

I don't wana go back to 1.5 :angry:

Cheers, Dave

P.S, also does anybody have any issues with the HTC mail app in r5? I can't seem to connect it to my google account?

Surprisingly I have the same problem, I have a Pioneer DEH BT-85

I tried villianrom Froyd V1.0 and the bluetooth work's with that but it doesn't have sense, also Cyanogen 5.0.0.8 work's with my pioneer but again doesn't have sense,

Villian Rom 12.0 doesn't and nor does my modaco R5 want to connect to my Pioneer as a bluetooth headset, both just connect as bluetooth audio which is strange,

I did have some issues with Modaco 3.2 aswell, it would connect and work ok but when I got a call through sometimes there would be no audio, also if there was no function to transfer my contact, this all work's on the 2 Rom's I tested which dont have the sense feature, and finally sometimes left the car and got a call I would get no audio through the speaker on the phone and when I switched bluetooth off it said bluetooth headset disconnected, even though I was in the house with the face from the radio with me away from the car, so strange, never tested the other 2 more recent rom's for long enough as they didn't have sense!

both Villian Rom 12.0 and Modaco R5 will only connect as audio to play media from the phone on the radio, no bluetooth headset feature to use the phone through the radio,

As for the e-mail's, I'm using Modaco R5 at the moment, both Gmail app & HTC mail app set up and working, HTC mail app is set up using my virginmedia account using Imap, the virginmedia mail server's run on Gmail platform,

What e-mail setting's are you trying to use, I.E Security type, Encryption Type, Port number's, And is it actually Gmail or googlemail account?

Guest dwattsy21

Sorted the email problem, had it set to pop instead of imap for some reason. So annoyed about the bluetooth, I'm guna try my mates desire to see if that works with android 2.1 in the next few days, if so, I'm guna jump ship and get the desire. CAn't be doing with no hands free, and don't see the sense in rolling back to 1.5

Guest dwattsy21

Just to update, it is impossible with some head units as they changed the bluetooth profiles or options in the hero 2.1 for some reason. However I tested it with my mates desire on 2.1, and it works fine. I'm getting a desire, not too happy though

Guest thewusman
Just to update, it is impossible with some head units as they changed the bluetooth profiles or options in the hero 2.1 for some reason. However I tested it with my mates desire on 2.1, and it works fine. I'm getting a desire, not too happy though

I have a 2010 Audi S4 with MMI system, and upgrading to 2.1 from 1.5 has made the bluetooth unstable (drops the phone often) and voice dialling on the audi no longer works. The issue seems to be the format the contacts are now copied across into the car's onboard memory.

With 1.5, the numbers were whole, ie. xxxxxxxxxx, now they come across as xxx-xxx-xxxx and that seems to #@%#$%^ everything up.

Went back to 1.5 and no problems whatsoever.

Thanks HTC. You fixed a whole heap of issues, and created some new ones in the process !