Facebook for HTC Sense Problem

Guest tom_grant

Guest tom_grant

So I have BL0.80 and 1.21.xxxx software.

I tried the unrevoked root and it gave me SU access but everything still worked fine.

I didnt realise that Titanium Backup said it had an issue with getting root access unless you had a copy of busybox. I assumed therefore that I didnt have root.

I decided last night to download and install R6-desire-update-alt.zip and root that way as it looked like a more thorough and clean option. I have done this, but on reboot (after a wipe and without a wipe) the Facebook for HTC Sense account wont login. I get an error saying:

"This service is currently unavailable, would you like to try again".

I found limited information on t'internet about it but many had the same issue after "flashing" their android devices.

I subsequently "un-rooted" with the original software RUU from HTC but the problem still exists. Has anyone else had this issue?

I like the app because i like how it finds my facebook contacts and utilises pictures etc. Would be a shame not to have use of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Guest Sausage
So I have BL0.80 and 1.21.xxxx software.

I tried the unrevoked root and it gave me SU access but everything still worked fine.

I didnt realise that Titanium Backup said it had an issue with getting root access unless you had a copy of busybox. I assumed therefore that I didnt have root.

I decided last night to download and install R6-desire-update-alt.zip and root that way as it looked like a more thorough and clean option. I have done this, but on reboot (after a wipe and without a wipe) the Facebook for HTC Sense account wont login. I get an error saying:

"This service is currently unavailable, would you like to try again".

I found limited information on t'internet about it but many had the same issue after "flashing" their android devices.

I subsequently "un-rooted" with the original software RUU from HTC but the problem still exists. Has anyone else had this issue?

I like the app because i like how it finds my facebook contacts and utilises pictures etc. Would be a shame not to have use of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Yep, since yesterday evening, I have the same issue.

Same BL as you (0.80) and DJ DROID R1

Guest tom_grant
Yep, since yesterday evening, I have the same issue.

Same BL as you (0.80) and DJ DROID R1

Starting to look more and more like an FB issue.

I work for an IT company and we provide proxies for our clients to protect their web browsing...

Facebook has an issue at the moment with proxied browsing. Wondering if the Facebook for HTC Sense goes through some kind of proxy like HTC.FACEBOOK.COM and maybe its broken.

Im going to wait a few days and i have raised the bug with Facebook. HTC forums is riddled with it too.

Guest Sausage
Starting to look more and more like an FB issue.

I work for an IT company and we provide proxies for our clients to protect their web browsing...

Facebook has an issue at the moment with proxied browsing. Wondering if the Facebook for HTC Sense goes through some kind of proxy like HTC.FACEBOOK.COM and maybe its broken.

Im going to wait a few days and i have raised the bug with Facebook. HTC forums is riddled with it too.

Tanks for the update, I've done a wipe of all data and still the same........

We'll all have to wait.

Edited by Sausage

Guest zedeff

I have the same issue. Thought it was because of MCR r5 Froyo with Sense and wiped five times. Feel like an idiot now. So I guess we'll just have to wait then.

Guest daft009

gaah, just got a brand new desire yesterday and was wondering why facebook wasn't syncing with my contacts.. I get a "connection error" when trying to retrieve my friends via people>online directories

Just did a factory reset and now found this thread :(

I'm guessing I'm in the same boat?

Guest xhemp
gaah, just got a brand new desire yesterday and was wondering why facebook wasn't syncing with my contacts.. I get a "connection error" when trying to retrieve my friends via people>online directories

Just did a factory reset and now found this thread :(

I'm guessing I'm in the same boat?

Guys,

This is a Facebook problem, and it seems that will be fixed soon.

I work for a company that is Facebook partner.

Cheers.

Guest wollyka
So is this solved yet. I still can't connect.

Since i got my Desire more than a month ago, i never was able to sync my contacts in HTC sense. Always getting connection error. I was using wifi. Then i decided to use EDGE instead and bang it worked..

Until now, i still can't sync over Wifi but still working under EDGE.. i tested today.. :(

Android 2.1

Edited by wollyka

Guest Sausage
Guys,

This is a Facebook problem, and it seems that will be fixed soon.

I work for a company that is Facebook partner.

Cheers.

Well, I've just flashed my friend's desire with r5 MCR and he was able to connect immediately to Facebook via "Facebook for HTC Sense" and I'm still unable to do the same.....So I guess it's not only facebook related.........something to do with our account maybe ?

Guest Sausage
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=3327

Try this it worked for me. But still some contacts are not showing yet. Friend stream works fully though.

Still not working for me........"Ce service est actuellement indisponible. Souhaitez-vous réessayer à nouveau", when trying to login the message says "service unavailable, do you want to try again". :(

Guest bdormael

Looks like none of the contacts where work name is filled in but no work location is filled in, will sync.

Edited by bdormael

Guest Sausage
Looks like none of the contacts where work name is filled in but no work location is filled in, will sync.

There are 2 different problems : problems of syncing contact and problem to login to the facebook account in friendstream........I'm not even logged in :(

Guest landwomble
looks like the problem is fixed, I can sync all my contacts now since this morning

Started working approx 5 hours ago for me, UK.

Guest zizoom
The contact sync is still not working in Hungary.

I have 128 contact on Facebook but I see only 70 on my phone. (HTC Desire)

Launch your contact app / go to online contacts / Facebook

Here you can see and update directly your Facebook contacts to retrieve them. I had to refresh at least a dozen times to get some more friends ... did it every two hours till I could get my 280 friends :(

Warning : seems like refreshing too fast can lead you to FC, so wait gently between each refresh :(