MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest EddyOS
PAULLLLLL new radio available :huh:

32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2 taken from Vodafone UK 2.2 OTA.

here it's signed(tried and tested all works for me ) http://www.sendspace.com/file/vtpxzy

can you add this to kitchen?

thank's mate.

BIG improvements seen on 720p recording.... better signal... no battery drain for me.

Extracted by me!!! (and already posted on the forum ;) )

Guest nawchi
PAULLLLLL new radio available :huh:

32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2 taken from Vodafone UK 2.2 OTA.

here it's signed(tried and tested all works for me ) http://www.sendspace.com/file/vtpxzy

can you add this to kitchen?

thank's mate.

BIG improvements seen on 720p recording.... better signal... no battery drain for me.

On r8 RC1 you simply flash it from rom manager, WITH OR WITHOUT WIPE?

Thanks

Guest EddyOS

Don't need to wipe when flashing a radio, now on 2nd day using it and notice NO difference on battery life on my normal usage but 720p seems slightly better. Others on XDA where I posted it first say it done wonders for them so certain networks may benefit more than others

Guest daniozzo83
Extracted by me!!! (and already posted on the forum ;) )

sorry mate i found it on xda and shared with paul for implementing in kitchen..... well done btw.

On r8 RC1 you simply flash it from rom manager, WITH OR WITHOUT WIPE?

Thanks

i flashed with rom manager without wipe, but if u want to wait i understood paul is adding to kitchen!!! :huh:

Guest EddyOS
sorry mate i found it on xda and shared with paul for implementing in kitchen..... well done btw

Yeah, I put it there first and AdamG added it to the Radio thread... :huh:

Edited by EddyOS

Guest jbeynon

Is it possible to change the r8 dialer to not use the HTC one but the vanilla Android one? I've baked a ROM with as little HTC guff in as possible but can't see how to stop using the crapper HTC dialller.

Guest ruslanvetra

to PAUL

is it possible to put into you rom power widget like on opendesire mod, where power widget has possibility to switch 2g to 3g in one click, also this widget has mush more interesting!

to PAUL

is it possible to put into you rom power widget like on opendesire mod, where power widget has possibility to switch 2g to 3g in one click, also this widget has mush more interesting!

Another one to look at for r9. r8 is feature complete now and will be released soon, r9 WIP will start next week when i'm back from a few days away!

P

Guest le_lutin
to PAUL

Can you link to this widget? Is this something you can download separately?

Guest woti17
Can you link to this widget? Is this something you can download separately?

search for "xda opendesire power widget", it's over there

it modifies ie settings.apk in a non htc sense rom, so i doubt you would use it without heavy troubles

Guest ruslanvetra
Another one to look at for r9. r8 is feature complete now and will be released soon, r9 WIP will start next week when i'm back from a few days away!

P

Would be gr8!

Guest Albert Poon
Don't need to wipe when flashing a radio, now on 2nd day using it and notice NO difference on battery life on my normal usage but 720p seems slightly better. Others on XDA where I posted it first say it done wonders for them so certain networks may benefit more than others

I am seeing HUGH improvement... I was max at 15fps using previous image and now over 19fps...

Guest woti17

@paul

for r9 wip

would it be possible to have a default profile for the default shell (sh / ash)

with

- working arrow keys (the most important, they do work in bash, and therefor history also works)

and

- alias ll='ls -l'

- alias la='ls -a'

colors

root (su) / nonroot prompt (user@localhost not only # vs $)

Edited by woti17

Guest tommo123
Not in r8, but I might put it in for r9.

P

nice :huh:

i found OD and launcher pro nice enough but something felt off and slightly laggy. this rom on 1.3ghz cpu would be nice ;)

Guest androidus

Since yesterday I use r8 RC1 ROM for HTC Desire.

The Synchronization stopped working today. No Sync for Gmail. Even when I press the button in Settings "Sync all", it doesn't sync.

Please help.

And Google Talk doesn't work

P.S. The problem was solved after deinstalling some apps and increasing the phone memory

Edited by androidus

Guest debrixx

Hi, everyone!

I've just flashed r8 and can't get how can I force additional Sense widgets (like Coin Flip, Notes etc.) to work.

I'm tapping my home screen to add new widget, then Add Widget and Get more HTC Widgets. I can see that all additional widgets are Installed, but there's no way to add any widget to my home screen. The only actions available - Delete & Details.

Am I missing sometning?

Thanks!

Guest lambrospower
Hi, everyone!

I've just flashed r8 and can't get how can I force additional Sense widgets (like Coin Flip, Notes etc.) to work.

I'm tapping my home screen to add new widget, then Add Widget and Get more HTC Widgets. I can see that all additional widgets are Installed, but there's no way to add any widget to my home screen. The only actions available - Delete & Details.

Am I missing sometning?

Thanks!

they are already availiable into the widgets menu...scroll down and you will see them...don't got to get more htc widgets

Guest debrixx
they are already availiable into the widgets menu...scroll down and you will see them...don't got to get more htc widgets

Nope :huh:. I've got none of these widgets there ;).

I'll try to flash once more.

Guest beady_uk
Can someone tell me a bit about what ASE + Modaco scripts is/does?

Yeah i am curious about this aswell. What exactly does the 'Ratson market speed up fix' do except copy/install a preference file somewhere?