MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest CyrilleM
It's OK, very fast, all work!!!

mms...OK (after apn restore with APN Backup & Restore)

usb storage...OK

tethering...OK

facebook sync...OK

market fast...OK

Thanks Paul!!! :(

For MMS setting, if you forgot to do a backup, you also have mmszap that do the job (this this post : http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2222) to configure your carrier AP for mms.

It worked for me.

Guest viskas

I still have the USB issue.

usb connection only works if "ask me" is not selected.

any solution?!?

please, don't tell me wipe!!!!

;-))

Guest Jagdish

any solution?!?

;-))

You probably need to wipe :\

i came from R5 with R4 kernel, upgraded with no wipe and everything works just as it should...

Guest vvaleta28
From the latest R5 releases and now with this R6 i have HTC Sync on my phone......... Anyone else not having HTC sync??

i dont have htcsync and it would be lovely have it again :(

Guest PandaKiller

any solution?!?

;-))

Thanks, you save my life :(

Guest EroThraX
No auto-sync for more than one gmail account.

As in r5, multiple gmail accounts don't get auto-synced (only the default gmail you enter during setup does). Manual sync works.

btw, I tried several other roms out there(all of them that are Froyo-sense based) and all of them have this bug. Maybe a bug in the froyo-sense leak? Haven't tried non-sense froyo roms (as I love sense :( ) but its a real problem for us gmail-work-and-private-mail guys.

I've got two Gmail accounts syncing now, both giving me notifications on the arrival of new email so I don't know what you are talking about.

Guest miguelsanchez79

I asked about that in r5 topic but no one answered. Im using r6 now so will ask again:

Has anybody got problems with reception using latest radio?

In my case when display is off reception drops dramaticaly. All my friends complain that it's not possible to phone me.

as soon as I unlock phone reception comes back and I get few txt msgs about missing calls.

It happens everywhere so it's not local related.

it drives me mad as I cannot use phone properly.

My radio: 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08 (but have same problem with older froyo radio)

network: orange uk

before moving to r6 I wiped everything including dalvik cache

Would you by any chance have JuiceDefender installed?

I asked about that in r5 topic but no one answered. Im using r6 now so will ask again:

Has anybody got problems with reception using latest radio?

In my case when display is off reception drops dramaticaly. All my friends complain that it's not possible to phone me.

as soon as I unlock phone reception comes back and I get few txt msgs about missing calls.

It happens everywhere so it's not local related.

it drives me mad as I cannot use phone properly.

My radio: 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08 (but have same problem with older froyo radio)

network: orange uk

before moving to r6 I wiped everything including dalvik cache

Guest tommo123

will add this here :

for PAUL

i posted earlier that since updating to this, i've had some probs with AVC videos. i encoded them to 800xXXX and maxed out the settings (reference frames, b frames as far as i could with handbrake (gui for x264)). they played fine with stock, mcr3.1 but with this there's stuttering for a second, every few seconds. nothing gets out of sync though.

i've encoded the files again in a less demanding way and they play fine (standard iphone profile and 720xXXX res). i'm going to try again with an 800x res and standard settings to test but is there any reason why the previous videos wouldn't work now with the same player (stock, meridian) when they were fine before?

not a biggie, but more of a curiosity for me :(

ta.

Guest LouiS22
Changelog

r6 WIP 12:00 23/Jul

• Now includes standard Android contacts app as an option
  • Additional Trackball Wake option (now has a dedicated group in the kitchen)
  • Changes to Rosie to allow compatability with HTC provided widgets (hopefully)

Though I didn't wipe, unfortunately HTC Today in History still can't be installed :(

Guest encrypt
I suspect that's HTC server issues... when the options DO appear, it should install correctly. :(

P

Any word for a deodexed version of the whole ROM so that we can theme it? :(

Guest JunoonX
Changelog

• Now includes standard Android contacts app as an option
  • Additional Trackball Wake option (now has a dedicated group in the kitchen)
  • Changes to Rosie to allow compatability with HTC provided widgets (hopefully)

Where do I find this? I still see only the HTC Phone app. The stock android is nowhere to be found.

Updated from R5 20thJuly ROM to R6 direct without wipe.

I prefer the stock phone app over HTC one. Help fix?

Guest scotch whisky

I had a few problems but doing a full wipe and reinstall has fixed them. Main problem was corruption of the HTC widgets!

I think it is always best to do a full wipe first, as I tend to choose different options each time, but on this occasion I was lazy.

Guest klutsh

Still getting error's about settings.apk (It's a HTC error, the misspelt some bit's in the AndroidManifest.xml they put intet-fileter instead of intent-filter

Here's a error/warn logcat of a boot of r6

log.txt

Guest AndrewMe

Nice possibility to choose a variant of WAKE...

But Trackpad without Power doesn't work at all. Works only Power. :(

Installed the Mod mentioned above to get it working.

Guest tommo123
will add this here :

for PAUL

i posted earlier that since updating to this, i've had some probs with AVC videos. i encoded them to 800xXXX and maxed out the settings (reference frames, b frames as far as i could with handbrake (gui for x264)). they played fine with stock, mcr3.1 but with this there's stuttering for a second, every few seconds. nothing gets out of sync though.

i've encoded the files again in a less demanding way and they play fine (standard iphone profile and 720xXXX res). i'm going to try again with an 800x res and standard settings to test but is there any reason why the previous videos wouldn't work now with the same player (stock, meridian) when they were fine before?

not a biggie, but more of a curiosity for me :(

ta.

just to update, i installed r6 but with a full wipe and all seems ok video wise (just installed on top of mcr3.1 last time.

Guest eugenea

There is a problem, I lost all of my apn settings after first reboot :( May be some one have the same ...

-- after several minutes

in my /system/etc/apns-conf.xml there is configuration entries for my operator -

# cat apns-conf.xml | grep Mega

<apn carrier="Megafon internet"

<apn carrier="Megafon MMS"

but in apn configuration is empty :(

may be someone knows what's wrong ?

Edited by eugenea

Guest tommo123
There is a problem, I lost all of my apn settings after first reboot :( May be some one have the same ...

i haven't rebooted yet. fraid to now :(

Guest nirrub
I've got two Gmail accounts syncing now, both giving me notifications on the arrival of new email so I don't know what you are talking about.

Did you do a full wipe? Do you use the stock gmail app? I'm only asking because in r5 I wasn't the only one with this problem and I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I included a2sd+ in my baked ROM - maybe that's the problem? Should I use regular a2sd (without the cache) or even Froyo's a2sd (even though I gather it's really lame)?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by nirrub

Guest Joshua Lim

Anyone having issue with Facebook HTC Sense?

I did a full wipe, and during setup I been having problem it. It says "The service is currently unavailable. Do you want to try again?"

Now I am unable to sync my contact with Facebook. Normal Facebook application is working fine, just Facebook for HTC Sense.

Edit:

http://community.htc.com/na/htc-forums/and...spx?PageIndex=2

Just found some people having the same issue.

Edited by Joshua Lim

Guest scointer

Changelog

•Now includes standard Android contacts app as an option

•Additional Trackball Wake option (now has a dedicated group in the kitchen)

•Changes to Rosie to allow compatability with HTC provided widgets (hopefully)

Where do I find this? I still see only the HTC Phone app. The stock android is nowhere to be found.

Updated from R5 20thJuly ROM to R6 direct without wipe.

I prefer the stock phone app over HTC one. Help fix?

Same here. Does anyone have any clues? Thanks

Guest sucramco

Done full wipe. HTC sync workin perfect. Usb connection to PC working correctly. Made sure I only restored app's and data with Titanium. Did not restore system. A couple of reboots, one after rom insatllation and one after titanium restore and all is good so far.

I hope Paul enjoys his holiday and has a nice break from us lot. So remember guys he is off for a week, so I wouldn't bother asking for anything for a while. Play with what you got.

Guest vvaleta28
Done full wipe. HTC sync workin perfect. Usb connection to PC working correctly. Made sure I only restored app's and data with Titanium. Did not restore system. A couple of reboots, one after rom insatllation and one after titanium restore and all is good so far.

I hope Paul enjoys his holiday and has a nice break from us lot. So remember guys he is off for a week, so I wouldn't bother asking for anything for a while. Play with what you got.

full wipe done, all seems to work fine but when i restore titanium copy, ony apps and data like u said, somehow it crashes and does not start again even rebooting, and did not restore icons, widgets, wallpaper, any help?

+ slow market :(

Edited by vvaleta28