MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Noonski
yes you can do it with zip bake-in

it goes to:

/system/bin

it's a binary not a library

i will try to send you my binary with PM attachment, it works for me since beginning of r8 (didn t flash todays changes yet)

Could not find how to download it (or see any attachment)

Thanks, i had figured out it should have been in bin, but still the one Paul posted did not work.

If it's working for you, i think it''s even better to give Paul the iptable.

Found the attachment in your next PM.

Guest woti17
Could not find how to download it (or see any attachment)

If it's working for you, i think it''s even better to give Paul the iptable.

Found the attachment in your next PM.

could you try it and if it works for you pmail to paul, i'm a little confused with the messaging system atm

btw: i have a loadable tun.ko too, just can't try openvpn without a server setup at the moment

Guest rickako

Hey just updated to R8 this morning and have noticed a strange little bug with the time.

eg now....

the time zone is GMT+1 BST as i am from the uk, and the "Set Time" setting is 18:16.

On the HTC Clock widget the time is correctly displayed as 18:16, but the time in the top notification bar is 17:16

anyone else noticed this or just me having isolated issues.

Guest vfrvulcan
Hey just updated to R8 this morning and have noticed a strange little bug with the time.

eg now....

the time zone is GMT+1 BST as i am from the uk, and the "Set Time" setting is 18:16.

On the HTC Clock widget the time is correctly displayed as 18:16, but the time in the top notification bar is 17:16

anyone else noticed this or just me having isolated issues.

A reboot should fix this - I saw it on first boot after flashing the other day.

After rebooting it was fine.

HTH

Aaron

Guest sebastiaan15
hi paul

can you add some modules for setcpu

like powersave or interactive

please can you add this for setcpu

paul do you add this or not

please replay :D

Edited by sebastiaan15

Guest dodolom
have you tried making an Nandroid backup. then wipeing everything in recovery and reinstalling the rom. this might help. just to see if its an hickup with system data. if the say problem presists you can resotre your sentting/ data back in recovery (clock work mod)

mine works fine on sites like youtube/pockent now etc.... .

Well, if I go to youtube.com on my phone the videos there work but if I go to m.facebook.com or touch.facebook.com and try to play nothing works, I get the "sorry can not play this video" error. Also, nothing plays if I go through the facebook app either which I assume is a facebook app issue.

I will try to wipe and do it all over again. What exactly is the FULL WIPE in Recovery?

I am right now in RECOVERY and my options are as follows. Which ones should I apply?

UNDER THE MAIN RECOVERY MENU

-wipe data/factory reset

-wipe cache partition

UNDER PARTITIONS

-format boot

-format system

-format data

-format cache

-format sdcard

-format sd-ext

UNDER ADVANCED

-Wipe Dalvik Cache

-Wipe Battery Stats

Thnx

Edited by dodolom

This is sounding better and better Paul, good work. I think I'm going to buy the ad free to bake this. Strangely excited!

A couple of questions first though;

Would Wi-fi sleep disabled with screen off significantly reduce battery life? Not sure I need that feature anyway

Also Open VPN, do I need this? If you have this does it stop auto loading of VPNs? Also when roaming?

Thanks for any answers

Guest Noonski
yes you can do it with zip bake-in

it goes to:

/system/bin

it's a binary not a library

i will try to send you my binary with PM attachment, it works for me since beginning of r8 (didn t flash todays changes yet)

Wooot Your iptables are doing wonders here.

You gots the most important thing i wanted on my desire working.

DroidWall Blocking Apps from connecting.

Hope paul's still around to implement for others.

Wooot Your iptables are doing wonders here.

You gots the most important thing i wanted on my desire working.

DroidWall Blocking Apps from connecting.

Hope paul's still around to implement for others.

Which one are you using?

P

Guest danfrance

I baked my first custom rom yesterday. So many changes today, I will really be getting my money's worth I can see :D

Thanks to Paul for all the hard work. Finding R8 (yesterday's) much more stable than R5 pre bake. Slightly lower quadrant benchmark, but stability is the key.

Right then, where's me oven gloves?!

Guest danfrance
There is no Changelog for r8 WIP 17/Aug in the third Post :D

Its coming but until then you'll have to read the thread from today's earliest post, quite a lot of changes all added individually.

Guest daffie
Would Wi-fi sleep disabled with screen off significantly reduce battery life? Not sure I need that feature anyway

I'm experiencing very bad battery life at the moment...I can just see the percentage dropping by increments of 1%. Approx 10% in one hour! Cooked a rom with option "Advanced - 802.11N, wifi enabled in sleep". Too bad...will try another optional Wifi N setting.

I'm experiencing very bad battery life at the moment...I can just see the percentage dropping by increments of 1%. Approx 10% in one hour! Cooked a rom with option "Advanced - 802.11N, wifi enabled in sleep". Too bad...will try another optional Wifi N setting.

I use 802.11b/g, enabled in sleep. No drain here.

Guest daffie
I use 802.11b/g, enabled in sleep. No drain here.

Yeah that's what I assumed. I've been running the former R8 from Paul for some 2 weeks now and that didn't have the Wifi N option...batterylife was one of the very best of all custom rom's! I'll see how this pans out and see whether I'll switch back to Wifi B/G.

Guest dodolom

hey guys,

can someone tell me what is a full/complete wipe on the desire in recovery mode? I've posted a few posts back showing my options and I just wanna do it right.

thnx

Guest Jerry13
Well, if I go to youtube.com on my phone the videos there work but if I go to m.facebook.com or touch.facebook.com and try to play nothing works, I get the "sorry can not play this video" error. Also, nothing plays if I go through the facebook app either which I assume is a facebook app issue.

I will try to wipe and do it all over again. What exactly is the FULL WIPE in Recovery?

I am right now in RECOVERY and my options are as follows. Which ones should I apply?

UNDER THE MAIN RECOVERY MENU

-wipe data/factory reset

-wipe cache partition

UNDER PARTITIONS

-format boot

-format system

-format data

-format cache

-format sdcard

-format sd-ext

UNDER ADVANCED

-Wipe Dalvik Cache

-Wipe Battery Stats

Thnx

Wipe Data/Factory Reset

Cache Partition

Dalvik Cache

Battery Stats

That's all I do as I think the formatting is done during the install of the new rom.