MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest vfrvulcan
Anyone else having trouble with disabling perflock in setcpu with this ROM? It tells me my kernel is incompatible.

Bake with the 'disable perflock' option set.

HTH

Aaron

Guest vfrvulcan
Read something about Flash in this Forum. I noticed after flashing the new R8 from the kitchen I didn't have Flash anymore. Is this correct?

No, you should have the latest release version of Flash 10.1

Have you tried a wipe?

HTH

Aaron

Guest dodolom
Wipe Data/Factory Reset

Cache Partition

Dalvik Cache

Battery Stats

That's all I do as I think the formatting is done during the install of the new rom.

thanks a lot.

Guest meilechl

Paul,

First of, thanks for your wonderful ROMs - I love them.

I've baked a ROM with all the gadgety widgets (coin, dice etc.), and I can see them when I go into Settings:Applications, but I have no way of using them. They don't appear on my wigets list anf they're not with the applications.

Any idea where I can find them or what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

PS. If possible put a screen shot next to each option so we know what it is (for example, I don't remember whether I want stock screen lock or not, but I do know when I see the picture).

Guest woti17
my error with tun.ko is:

fatal: can not open tun ...

alex

the kernel module tun.ko from

NexTSense_3.4_Official_OTA_2.2_FRF91_by_NeoPhyTe_without_radio.zip

is loadable with the mcr r8 kernel

it's in /system/lib/modules

Guest Mekerz

Added Battery Stats widget, but can't see it in the widget list or the application list from within settings.

It's in data/app/ in the zip the kitchen served up, so I definitely chose it in the options.

Guest Jerry13

I've tried installing this rom twice now and each time I come up with the same problem. The APN's are wrong and APN backup can't seem to restore my backup from R7. There is no way for me to send an MMS and I'm not even sure if I'm on the right APN for data. Hunted the web for the correct settings for o2 but getting nowhere fast. I now have a total of 7 APN's but only 4 that have the option of tapping the dot beside them to make them default.

I'm back to the signal indicator going up and down like a yo yo and severe battery loss caused I think by the phone constantly hunting for a signal. Anybody else on o2 able to advise.

In the meantime I'm going to go back to a nandroid backup, check the APN's on R7 and then try and install them manually on R8.

Guest dunbad
I've tried installing this rom twice now and each time I come up with the same problem. The APN's are wrong and APN backup can't seem to restore my backup from R7. There is no way for me to send an MMS and I'm not even sure if I'm on the right APN for data. Hunted the web for the correct settings for o2 but getting nowhere fast. I now have a total of 7 APN's but only 4 that have the option of tapping the dot beside them to make them default.

I'm back to the signal indicator going up and down like a yo yo and severe battery loss caused I think by the phone constantly hunting for a signal. Anybody else on o2 able to advise.

In the meantime I'm going to go back to a nandroid backup, check the APN's on R7 and then try and install them manually on R8.

You and me both. Lost the ability to mms. Driving me nuts. Have established that the dot thing you talk about disappears when you input the very last setting. Usually default, mms or something.

If you get anywhere please let me know. Spoke to o2 today, they emailed me settings, but they don't add up too well. I'll post them on here.

Guest dunbad

These are the o2 settings that they sent me. Tested it by sending an mms to myself and it worked. But can't send Mms to anyone else it appears. !!!

Thank you for your recent handset enquiry regarding handset settings. Please find your settings details below. GPRS WAP & MMS Please note all steps must be completed to ensure the settings are correctly configured. Please ensure that when entering O2 into the settings that the letter O is selected and not a zero. When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.

1. Press the Menu key

2. Tap Settings

3. Tap Wireless & networks

4. Tap Mobile networks

5. Tap Access Point Names

6. Press the Menu key

7. Tap New APN

8. Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay Monthly MMS then tap OK

9. Tap APN then tap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK

10. Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK

11. Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK

12. Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK

13. Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK

14. Skip past Server as this is preset as Not set

15. Tap MMSC then tap the text box and enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co. uk:8002 then tap OK

16. Tap MMS proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK

17. Tap MMS port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK

18. Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 234 then tap OK

19. Tap MNC then tap the text box and enter 10 then tap OK

20. Press the Menu key

21. Tap Save

22. Tap your new account so a green dot appears next to it

23. Press the Back key four times to return to the standby screen. We hope this has answered your question. Please note that replies to this email will not be yada yada yada.

They assured me just the one setting was required for internet AND MMS. internet does indeed work no issues, but mms no go for me as far as I'm aware, unless a severe delay on my wifes phone.

Edited by dunbad

Guest dancube
Added Battery Stats widget, but can't see it in the widget list or the application list from within settings.

It's in data/app/ in the zip the kitchen served up, so I definitely chose it in the options.

Me too, I chose the other extras as well like the dice and coin toss and can't find them.

Guest Jerry13
These are the o2 settings that they sent me. Tested it by sending an mms to myself and it worked. But can't send Mms to anyone else it appears. !!!

Thank you for your recent handset enquiry regarding handset settings. Please find your settings details below. GPRS WAP & MMS Please note all steps must be completed to ensure the settings are correctly configured. Please ensure that when entering O2 into the settings that the letter O is selected and not a zero. When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.

1. Press the Menu key

2. Tap Settings

3. Tap Wireless & networks

4. Tap Mobile networks

5. Tap Access Point Names

6. Press the Menu key

7. Tap New APN

8. Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay Monthly MMS then tap OK

9. Tap APN then tap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK

10. Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK

11. Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK

12. Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK

13. Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK

14. Skip past Server as this is preset as Not set

15. Tap MMSC then tap the text box and enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co. uk:8002 then tap OK

16. Tap MMS proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK

17. Tap MMS port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK

18. Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 234 then tap OK

19. Tap MNC then tap the text box and enter 10 then tap OK

20. Press the Menu key

21. Tap Save

22. Tap your new account so a green dot appears next to it

23. Press the Back key four times to return to the standby screen. We hope this has answered your question. Please note that replies to this email will not be yada yada yada.

They assured me just the one setting was required for internet AND MMS. internet does indeed work no issues, but mms no go for me as far as I'm aware, unless a severe delay on my wifes phone.

Yeah I've tried that one with much the same result. managed to send myself an MMS but all I got was my contacts picture and the word "Test" which I had typed in the compose text bit. Didn't work after that. Don't have a wife anymore so I can't ask her to send me an MMS!!

Going to go back to R7 and try that. If it works I will post the settings.

Guest dunbad
Yeah I've tried that one with much the same result. managed to send myself an MMS but all I got was my contacts picture and the word "Test" which I had typed in the compose text bit. Didn't work after that. Don't have a wife anymore so I can't ask her to send me an MMS!!

Going to go back to R7 and try that. If it works I will post the settings.

You can have my wife!

ok, r5 ain't working, but not sure if they worked initially.

Found these settings on the net, too late to send anyone mms, but appears by far the most promising as far as success rates go.

Name: O2 UK MMS

APN: wap.o2.co.uk

Proxy: http://wap.o2.co.uk

Port: 9201

Username: o2wap

Password: password

Server: http:// mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMSC: http:// mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMS proxy: 193.113.200.195

MMS port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 10

Authentication Type: None

And leave the last title blank.

I'll try this in morning and report back.

By the way, Paul, well done. Brilliant Rom. Quicker browser than a quick thing! And that, WE LIKE!

Guest Joshua Lim

Hi, I have baked the following option. But I have met problem with the syncing icon, the sync icon just won't go away. I do not what is wrong, I have to go account & sync to manually cancel sync everytime. I checked my running services, ObexService been running 50:15 til I force it to stop.

Gmail 2.2.1

Voice Search

YouTube

Calculator

Lock Screen

Mail

PDF Viewer

Sense / Rosie

Weather

World Clock

HTC IME (modified)

Maps (modified)

Facebook

Quickoffice

AdFree

ASE + Scripts

ROM Manager

Spare Parts

WiFi Status Indicator

Disable Boot Sound

Trackpad Wake with Power

Standard WiFi

Include Radio Image

Can anyone advise me? Thanks.

For your information, I have done a full wipe, clear cache. And I did not do any restore of stuff.

Guest vfrvulcan
Hi, I have baked the following option. But I have met problem with the syncing icon, the sync icon just won't go away. I do not what is wrong, I have to go account & sync to manually cancel sync everytime. I checked my running services, ObexService been running 50:15 til I force it to stop.

Can anyone advise me? Thanks.

For your information, I have done a full wipe, clear cache. And I did not do any restore of stuff.

Your symptoms indicate that you removed 'FriendStream' from the bake. Many others have mentioned this in this thread although I personally have had no problems with removing it. I get rid rid of FriendStream, Peep, Stocks, FaceBook, Teeter, News/Rss, Flckr and don't see this issue connecting predominately to Exchange.

Try rebaking with FriendStream in there and see what happens.

HTH

Aaron

Guest jeandujardin

Can someone post the Voicedialer.apk from the previous R8 please ?

@Paul can you put back the option in the kitchen, i just realise this is what makes voice dialing work through bluetooth

Guest BendIt2.0
Anyone else having trouble with disabling perflock in setcpu with this ROM? It tells me my kernel is incompatible.

Gooood Moooorning to this Boooaaardd :D,

i'd like to add setcpu to this rom, but i cant find it anywhere. do you have a link for me? that would be great.

another thing i'm looking for is that fancy battery-mod which shows the current level in %. is it possible to add this to the rom, and where can i find it?

google or board search function didnt helped me out ;)

any tip would be great

thx in advance,

bendit :D

Guest RevoWution
re: the 'embarrassed' emoticon, I've checked stock FRF91 and they (Google) just haven't made a HDPI version of the icon! :D

P

Haha that's pretty slack on Google's part!! Let's hope it gets fixed ASAP ;)

Cheers for finding out for me, Paul!! :D

Guest Arty Marty

i'd like to add setcpu to this rom, but i cant find it anywhere. do you have a link for me? that would be great.

another thing i'm looking for is that fancy battery-mod which shows the current level in %. is it possible to add this to the rom, and where can i find it?

google or board search function didnt helped me out :D

any tip would be great

thx in advance,

SetCPU - you need to buy that from the market.(thats what I did) If there is an ad supported version, then its free, but Paul doesn't usually include things that are free and ad supported in the roms it seems - after all add supported software is trialware, and who wants that baked into their phone?. (ad's annoy the heck out of me, so I buy the full programs once I am sure I like them)

..and if you have to buy an app, well, that certainly wont be in the kitchen for copyright reasons - but you can always install them after...

Quite a few of us have found that the fancy battery mods tend to send your phone into a boot animation loop if you include them in the kitchen, or flash them directly after without a reboot.

Battery Mods:

You need to flash the kitchen rom

REBOOT PHONE at least once

then go back and flash the fancy battery mod...

it might work in one shot with some of them, but the ones I tried needed a reboot.

Also some of them wipe out your APN settings, so its a good idea to write them down too... ;))

Warmly, Marty

Guest Arty Marty
(re: the 'embarrassed' emoticon, I've checked stock FRF91 and they (Google) just haven't made a HDPI version of the icon!

)

Haha that's pretty slack on Google's part!! Let's hope it gets fixed ASAP ;)

Cheers for finding out for me, Paul!! :D

Well, they might be slack, but they are not embarrassed, as they don't have an icon for that emotion... :D

Guest Noonski

google or board search function didnt helped me out ;)

any tip would be great

thx in advance,

Setcpu:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419

Developer asked specificly not to cook it in.(and it also acts weird when you do)

And % battery @:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...458&page=11

Or

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=743880

When i add in Battery Mods myself, I can flash without Whipe, but i can't flash with whipe.

(get's into boot loop with a whipe)

Dang i see i was late in my reply, but it makes at least two confirms on the bootloop bat mod.

Edited by Noonski