MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bbawden
See my previous quote I have all my screens full and dont want to reset everything again.

Peter

It would be great if you could backup your custom scene to sdcard

Is that possible?

Guest pfsykes
Then don't use the new widgets :D All you have to re-setup is just your screen settings, not the whole device. Around 20 taps on the screen :D

It would be great if you could backup your custom scene to sdcard

Is that possible?

I am not refering to a wipe im refering to clearing htc sense setting to get TWO widgets

I agree it would be cool if we could back this up and resore.

Peter

Edited by pfsykes

Thanks.

Another thing I just noticed: The browser keeps giving me "too many server redirects" errors on a lot of pages (including this one). Had this issue on some of the early FroYo-roms based on leaks, but not on stock.

Another case of me having done something silly in baking?

I experience that on Cyonagen, v6.0 RC2 for the Desire. And you cannot bake that. So both Paul and Cyonagen use similar bits?

Guest Albert Poon
Might want to add a description to the HTC Widget section in the kitchen to say that you need the HTC/Rosie homescreen for these to work?

+1

Another issue: Contacts sorting using Android Contacts fixed?

No, don't know what's causing this at this stage.

P

The sorting is always according to Display name selected in People app (This moment let say Im "happy" with that), but search function is very much missing, and search just not work :-(

I think it is somehow wired to Sense...

Had issues after R8 update, handcent wouldn't load properly, couple of force closes....

Entered recovery, wiped cache and dalvik, rebooted and all is well...

Just wanted to share if any1 else has issues. Beats full wipe any day.

Guest RevoWution
This should be fixed now, Australia locale should also be back.

P

Hi Paul :D

I've re-baked another ROM and flashed it (without wiping), but it appears my phone is still experiencing this "Nexus One" identity crisis lol.

Is this because I haven't performed a full wipe? :D

Cheers!

Guest Streetdaddy

I'm using LeeDroid 1.8c ROM at the moment, but want to flash MCR r8 because in the past I've found it more stable. Shouldn't have stopped using it in the first place! Will I need to do a full wipe before reflashing, or should be ok to just flash MCR? I would prefer to not have to set everything up again....

Guest le_lutin
I'm using LeeDroid 1.8c ROM at the moment, but want to flash MCR r8 because in the past I've found it more stable. Shouldn't have stopped using it in the first place! Will I need to do a full wipe before reflashing, or should be ok to just flash MCR? I would prefer to not have to set everything up again....

Try it without wiping first and then if you experience any problems, try it with wiping.

Hi Paul :D

I've re-baked another ROM and flashed it (without wiping), but it appears my phone is still experiencing this "Nexus One" identity crisis lol.

Is this because I haven't performed a full wipe? :D

Cheers!

Yeah.

P

Guest pfsykes

@paul awesome fix on the tun.ko what can be done to automate the ip tabels.

I check my ip on whats my ip web site and get x.x.x.x

I connect the vpn and relad the page and i get the same address x.x.x.x it shoudl have chaged to y.y.y.y

I any one got any ideas on how to automate this or even if some one want to have a go building a widget or app.

This is the manual work around.

ip ru del table gprs / ip ru del table wif

this will delete the routing table and then the VPN sould work however to get back to nornmal enable flight mode thne disable filight mode.

Peter

At which point does that need to be run? Not sure how much we can automate that. Do you have to run it after you set the VPN up or before?

P

Guest gianton
Exclusive - HTC Sand Timer Sense widget (ported to HDPI by yours truly) is now in the kitchen.

P

[snip]

Please share your battery widget? :D

EDIT: It's included in the kitchen lol!

Edited by Paul

Guest vfrvulcan

Internet browser crashing.

Has anyone had issues where visiting certain pages will crash the app and return to Sense?

Example page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-10992762

Doesn't only crash my Desire but a mate's as well. Repeatable every time.

[Edit] This is on r8 downloaded on Friday, will be happy if fault is no longer there :D

Edited by vfrvulcan

Damn... moving from earlier r8, wiping cache and dalvik (no full wipe) but the new widgets just wont show up! :D

Of course, I've cleared data for HTC Sense also.

Internet browser crashing.

Has anyone had issues where visiting certain pages will crash the app and return to Sense?

Example page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-10992762

Doesn't only crash my Desire but a mate's as well. Repeatable every time.

[Edit] This is on r8 downloaded on Friday, will be happy if fault is no longer there :D

No issues here...

browserpage.png

Guest pfsykes

At which point does that need to be run? Not sure how much we can automate that. Do you have to run it after you set the VPN up or before?

P

@Paul

I need to run this directly after connecting the vpn using vpn connections in a command shell.

For example T- Mobile block voip skype etc so I use a VPN to route all traffic over the VPN.

I use better term to do this or any other shell app.

Peter

Edited by pfsykes

This ROM is now RC1.

There will be no new features added now - this will become the current release version (replacing r5) when I have finished testing and updating the first topic.

All new feature requests and will roll over to r9 WIP.

P