MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

which option is the right one for the aug/10th boot animation or isn't it included anymore? :D

For the 'MoDaCo' boot animation, just use the defaults (don't specify stock or N1 boot animation)...

P

hmm...quite strange, there are no APN-settings anymore for any italian provider - but they were there with earlier r7 and r8 releases. any clue?

thx :D

Hmm, i'll check it out. :D

P

re: odexing the build in the kitchen, the biggest problem with this so far is an odexed build takes up more space on /system than an unodexed build and things are pretty tight for space. :D

P

Guest flolee
For the 'MoDaCo' boot animation, just use the defaults (don't specify stock or N1 boot animation)...

P

i think, he means the black-silver "android" bootscreen.... (which actually was the best one ;))

Hmm, i'll check it out. :D

P

thx :D

Guest Joshua Lim

Sorry,

Anyone having the issue that in Message, those of my contact with image did not appear?

My friends are all sync with facebook or google contacts, all having a image, but when I use HTC default messaging, none of their image appear

Please advise

Guest daffie

I replied earlier (yesterday) with a comment that wifi N was very hard on the battery life, but today after 8 hours of normal use I still have 80% left...not bad at all actually! Wifi connected, no 3G, no BT. I haven't used my phone much today, except for a couple of emails and downloading (dropbox) some Modaco custom rom's and using file explorer to move those files around. So basically I'm pretty happy regarding battery usage so far...

Guest flolee
Pfff. Seriously? People like that? :D

P

hm... i preferred it over the shiny happy htc-ones - but the nexus bootscreen is okay, too.... guess i'm a bit dark deep in my soul :D

(somehow this sounds creepy now)

1. Did this happen Once?

2. On which server did this happen?

1. Yep, it first time when I can't download cooked ROM!

2. On "Delia" server.

Um, try again?

P

I tried to cook and download it already at least 4 times! And it did't work. I just select items, then press "Click to bake", wait, then it redirecting me to .zip file but after this it redirecting me on www.modaco.com!

What's wrong?

Guest flolee
lol, 'adb shell rm /data/local/bootanimation.zip' and your darkest fantasies will be realised.

:D

P

paul, you are the man :D

(didn't know this is the standard boot screen, since i'm new to all this)

Edited by flolee

Guest Mondaro
i think, he means the black-silver "android" bootscreen.... (which actually was the best one :D)

yeah, you're right ... i think, that bootscreen was just great :D

Guest Alfa156v

Hi, i am just baked the rom and trying to update but i getting error:

No signature

Verification failed

Any ideas?

I downloaded rom twice and the error still exist.

Guest bdormael

Anyone else having issues with notifications with the HTC Pop3 mail client ?

My notifications are completely turned on, but it doesn't show new mails in the task bar, it doesn't vribrate, no led, no sound.

Only the Mail icon on the homescreen shows the correct number of e-mails

Guest buttonsandzips

I have wiped and installed r8 (was on r7) now get no data connection on Orange. Multiple wipes and reflash still same problem. Driving me crazy! The APN exist and look correct, just will not connect...

EDIT! Wiped and flashed again and now I have an H icon but then I get errors on setup about "unreliable connection", could be Orange rather than this so I will wait a bit and see if it comes back...!

Edited by buttonsandzips

Guest Bisonator

This ROM is giving me the best battery life I've had yet. (I've baked with N disabled but always on (in standby) enabled.) Thanks Paul! :D

The only problem that remains for me is the repeated read-only mounting and corruption of the SD card when connecting to/disconnecting from my PC when using scene A2SD. This seems to have happened only since we've had 2.2/froyo A2SD in the ROMS - but I could be wrong (That's just when I've noticed it). I've googled like crazy trying to find a solution and come up with nothing. It seems to affect lots of people but there doesn't seem to be any progress logged regards a resolution so far. I also tried the app Paul suggested (Dual Mount SD Widget) which allows mounting to phone and PC at same time but that yielded the same result that when I disconnected from PC and tried to use SD card with my phone again. It just mounts as read only every time. I had to reboot phone to get write access again and ended up corrupting my FAT32 partition to the point I had to reformat at one point during my attempts to find a solution.

The solution I have settled for in the interim is to revert to using froyo A2SD, which sucks in comparison and when doing a restore of my titanium backups, I didn't have enough space! (Just goes to show how much I rely on the scene A2SD. It's an awesome feature - thanks guys!)

Has anyone else found a solution/fix/patch etc which means I can use scene A2SD and avoid corruption. I tend to connect my phone to my PC frequently when taking photos of items for ebay, so it's pretty important to me that I can connect/disconnect without having to reboot the phone everytime.

Also, is anyone using A2SD and not getting this issue? (Try taking photos, connect to pc, copy files to pc, disconnect, remount sd card to phone - if you want to see if you are affected.) Anyone know if A2SD+ is affected in the same way?

Cheers

Guest planeth

r8 rc1 does not work for me.

it keeps repeating the "quietly brilliant" + modaco boot screen.

I have flashed it twice, stille the same.

I will try another r8 rc1 with stock boot screen. If that doesn't work either, I guess I'll have to go back to r8wip, and wait for a fix.

Guest theateam1979

I had the same until rebooted and then turn off/disable mobile data and then re-enable it

I have wiped and installed r8 (was on r7) now get no data connection on Orange. Multiple wipes and reflash still same problem. Driving me crazy! The APN exist and look correct, just will not connect...

EDIT! Wiped and flashed again and now I have an H icon but then I get errors on setup about "unreliable connection", could be Orange rather than this so I will wait a bit and see if it comes back...!

Guest theateam1979

Don't worry it takes an absolute age on that screen (5-10 mins on mine if i remember) but all will be good

I will try another r8 rc1 with stock boot screen. If that doesn't work either, I guess I'll have to go back to r8wip, and wait for a fix.

That's odd... what is your setup? A2SD?

Does 'adb logcat' show anything useful?

P