MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest chipyy

T

I agree, it's far better looking than HTCs ugly POS :D

It's just annoying having to scroll through my contacts to find the one I need.

So just to clarify, will this change from release candidate to release at some point or is this the release now? If there are going to be any changes before final release then I will hold off on flashing for a while.

Guest Albert Poon
You could try Quick Boot that is available on the market, you can reboot or boot into Recovery and Bootloader.

+1

Can it be included in r9?

Guest woti17

@paul

would it be much to do to have an options file (the last bake-options, as text-string file, xml whatever) combined with the user-profile, so one could easely reload the last choosen options if wanted (ie button "reload-last options")

for now i would prefer that over integrating more and more apps that are easely installable/uninstallable from market (like i.e. "quick boot" ...)

thanks

Guest TheScrub
T

So just to clarify, will this change from release candidate to release at some point or is this the release now? If there are going to be any changes before final release then I will hold off on flashing for a while.

I'm sure there are a few more bug fixes/features to be released yet. One or two more releases and this ROM will be complete :D

Paul all your hard work is very much appreciated, you're a real asset to this community!

Guest chipyy
I'm sure there are a few more bug fixes/features to be released yet. One or two more releases and this ROM will be complete :D

Paul all your hard work is very much appreciated, you're a real asset to this community!

There won't be any more features going in to r8 as Paul has said we are in feature freeze now and new features will go into r9. What I want to know is if this is the final r8 or whether there will be further fixes etc before it is released.

Guest TheScrub
There won't be any more features going in to r8 as Paul has said we are in feature freeze now and new features will go into r9. What I want to know is if this is the final r8 or whether there will be further fixes etc before it is released.

Well contact search isn't working in the stock app atm so hold off for the time being, there are probably more fixes to come.

Guest professordes

After a wipe and install with r8-RC1 I am getting this error when I try to download the HTC widgets (notes in this case)

E/PackageManager( 217): Package com.htc.rosiewidgets.note has no signatures that match those in shared user com.htc.rosie.uid.shared; ignoring!

W/PackageManager( 217): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.htc.rosiewidgets.note-1.apk

Guest dchuraman

anyone else having an issue where the screen doesnt turn off sometimes? just happened 10 minutes after using the phone, looked back and the screen is still on, not locked or anything

Guest ascot17
sagt mal, ist das ROM eigendlich gerootet ?

Es geht mir darum, die apps auf die SD-Karte zu verschieben...

This is an English forum.... but to answer your questions:

1) This ROM is rooted with superuser permissions. To use it, your phone must first be rooted. Your SD card must be partitioned to install Apps to SD Card.

2) For instructions on how to root your phone see here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...o-1-21-support/

3) To partition your SD card, the easiest method is to install ROM Manager from the market.

Edited by ascot17

Guest Kiran J. Holla

Hi Paul,

Firstly, let me thank you for the amazing work done. I have been running the R8 ROM on my desire for some time now and have had a very smooth ride.

However, I see that this forum gets updated pretty much on a daily basis and hence, I guess it is time for me to bake myself a new version of R8.

Before I do that, I have a few questions:

1. I see that you've added a few new Sense Widgets to the Kitchen. Wouldn't they simply consume more space on the internal storage?

2. Is there a way to push these additional widgets to the SD Card via A2SD+?

3. Would it be possible to share the individual APKs as downloads - Voice Dialer, Voice Actions, etc. - so that users can install these onto the SD card and save more space?

4. Is there any harm in installing these widgets/APKs onto the SD Card?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Kiran

Hi again, Paul.

I`m successfully installed new ROM, all works fine but browser - not! When I`m trying to open some video (in site's flash player) - it crashes! When I'm trying to load mobile-review.com (this is not advert) - it crashes!

Also I'm installed Dolpin HD - it crashes too.

What's wrong?

1. I see that you've added a few new Sense Widgets to the Kitchen. Wouldn't they simply consume more space on the internal storage?

2. Is there a way to push these additional widgets to the SD Card via A2SD+?

3. Would it be possible to share the individual APKs as downloads - Voice Dialer, Voice Actions, etc. - so that users can install these onto the SD card and save more space?

4. Is there any harm in installing these widgets/APKs onto the SD Card?

1. They'll take up some space on /data, but if you want to use them, it's worth it no? :D

2. As they're on /data, they'll automatically be 'A2SD'd'.

3. Since they're on /system, there's no benefit to doing this.

4. See above.

P

Guest Kiran J. Holla
1. They'll take up some space on /data, but if you want to use them, it's worth it no? :D

2. As they're on /data, they'll automatically be 'A2SD'd'.

3. Since they're on /system, there's no benefit to doing this.

4. See above.

P

Ah! Thanks. That helps.

Regards,

Kiran

Guest Alfa156v

Hi all,

Someone knows why many widgets from sense launcher doesn't works/appears at 2.2 launcher?

And why Call Mom widget doesn't works?

Thanks!

Guest RevoWution

Paul, you are THE MAN!! I did a full wipe of an earlier r8 WIP ROM I baked and flashed r8 RC1 last night, and I LOVE IT!! Fast, stable, efficient. It's miraculous how quickly you resolve all of our individual issues!!

Just to name a few examples; my Desire's "Nexus One" identity crisis = CURED, the "shrinking embarrassed emoticon" issue I raised last week = FIXED!! :-D

Keep up the fantastic work!! I look forward to r9!! :-)

Edited by RevoWution

Guest LouiS22
Hi all,

Someone knows why many widgets from sense launcher doesn't works/appears at 2.2 launcher?

And why Call Mom widget doesn't works?

Thanks!

Just clear HTC Sense's data at applications. You'll use your screen settings, but the widgets will work.

Guest professordes

A second HTC widget oddity for me with r8-RC1 (the first being HTC notes not appearing, or being willing to download) - I can't get the HTC news widget to add to the home screen, it won't get past the choosing the feeds window.

I'm still not convinced that the mobile network is working as it should with Orange UK, even after a wipe and install.

It seems to be much more unwilling to connect, if at all, though I may be unlucky with coverage.

Anyone else still having difficulties with this?

Guest lamdin

Hi again Paul

As per my earlier request to add Emergency Numbers to the ROM data base on the future r9, I have located a list of all the known emergency numbers of countries around the world, to make it easier for you...

I have no idea about the file format on the ROM itself, but assuming (and hoping) it's like a text file, you can "copy & paste" the list below...

This should be helpful for all members of MoDaCo in case they are in emergency situation...

Thanks

0,1,2,3,11,14,15,16,17,18,19,22,33,92,93,94,100,101,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,

10,111,112,113,114,115,116,117,118,119,120,122,123,124,125,127,128,129,131,132,1

3,140,155,158,166,171,175,180,190,191,192,193,197,198,199,211,311,318,511,901,90

,903,911,912,913,990,991,993,994,995,997,998,999,1669,9170,9999,10111,10111,1017

Edited by lamdin

Hi again Paul

As per my earlier request to add Emergency Numbers to the ROM data base on the future r9, I have located a list of all the known emergency numbers of countries around the world, to make it easier for you...

I have no idea about the file format on the ROM itself, but assuming (and hoping) it's like a text file, you can "copy & paste" the list below...

This should be helpful for all members of MoDaCo in case they are in emergency situation...

Thanks

0,1,2,3,11,14,15,16,17,18,19,22,33,92,93,94,100,101,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,

10,111,112,113,114,115,116,117,118,119,120,122,123,124,125,127,128,129,131,132,1

3,140,155,158,166,171,175,180,190,191,192,193,197,198,199,211,311,318,511,901,90

,903,911,912,913,990,991,993,994,995,997,998,999,1669,9170,9999,10111,10111,1017

Cool, thanks, i'll look into that for the next release.

P