MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest z7x8c9

I installed the lateste r8 rc1 last night. Did a full wipe and re-installed all my apps and settings (didn't restore from a backup).

Everything is working fine, except Google Goggles which allways FC's everytime I start it. I've rebooted my phone thinking it would solve the problem, but it didn't. I've cleared the application data, tryed it with search history enabled/disabled (the setting in the app it self) but no dice...

Anybody experiencing the same problems?

Guest Dyason
Here, here!

I have never been able to get the stock HTC Clock to show 'current location' but it works if you set a static location! Fancy widget to the rescue - works perfectly, have been using it since I bought my Desire, only thing it doesn't do is the full screen animations of the HTC one!

Strangely since R8 current location has been working fine for me! I just assumed it was a fix Paul had made.

Guest BendIt2.0

Hi Paul,

short question: Is it possible to get an UVOC Kernel into that fantastic ROM?

That would be the last step for my perfect Desire setup...

Otherwise any hints on how to do that would be also nice!

Thanks in advance

realy Great Work, dude :huh:

Kind Regards,

BendIt

Guest Erez Tavor
since 2.2 the menu button unlock hasnt worked at all for me... thought it had been disabled!

thats using the generic rooted ROM as posted by Paul and also MCR R8 without actually baking in the option to have it not work!

After deleting HtcLockScreen.apk in order to use the stock lock screen, the menu unlock was re enabled.

Now, I would like to disable it again.

Please help...

Guest woti17
No, but if you drop into /data/app, /data/app-private or /data/dalvik-cache it will get moved on the initial A2SD initialisation.

P

well, do you mean drop directory in /data/app in the zipfile for the kitchen?

that creates no directories for me

or do you mean "drop" with rootmanager, but then i'm on the sd-ext anyway?

Guest Chet T16

Can someone tell me where the option for the full screen weather animations is i.e. the wiper etc. Mine is turned on and driving me mad!

I have this rom installed without sense, i have the htc weather app installed but theres no options in there to turn it off. Am i right in thinking i don't need htc weather if sense isn't installed?

Also, i'm using ADW launcher, does this mean i can make a rom without either sense or the default android launcher or do i need at least one to get into titanium backup to restore ADW?

Thanks

Guest le_lutin
Can someone tell me where the option for the full screen weather animations is i.e. the wiper etc. Mine is turned on and driving me mad!

I have this rom installed without sense, i have the htc weather app installed but theres no options in there to turn it off. Am i right in thinking i don't need htc weather if sense isn't installed?

Also, i'm using ADW launcher, does this mean i can make a rom without either sense or the default android launcher or do i need at least one to get into titanium backup to restore ADW?

Thanks

Remove the widget and then re-add it. You will then be presented with the option to turn off the animation.

Guest woti17
I mean put them in /data/app in a custom zip you upload to the kitchen.

P

i did, created one directory in /data/app/ and 5 subdirectories within, nothing more

zipped it together with something in system, and uploaded

the files in system got to the various subdirectories from /system, but in /data/app no directory (and no subdirectories) were created

is it because of the directories and not files?

Guest Chet T16
Remove the widget and then re-add it. You will then be presented with the option to turn off the animation.

I guess that means flashing sense then flashing without after turning it off then!

Guest Noonski
You need to select this option...

LauncherOption.png

P

Found it to now.

I looked and F-3-ed but just couldn't find it.

(had Case Sensitive enabled on Search, wondering if there's a smiley that blows himself through the head)

Edited by Noonski

Guest marc.d

Paul, and others,

Another issue i found was with the OpenVPN settings application.

The one provided by the kitchen seems to be a pretty old version, one which did not find my openvpn config files at all, even when they are installed in the proper location (/sdcard/openvpn/*.ovpn)

After upgrading OpenVPN Settings to version 0.4.6, i finally do see my config files.

This is something which can be improved. Paul, is it possible to provide this one to the kitchen?

Connecting to my vpn server at home is something i'll try to test later.

Cheers,

Marc

i did, created one directory in /data/app/ and 5 subdirectories within, nothing more

zipped it together with something in system, and uploaded

the files in system got to the various subdirectories from /system, but in /data/app no directory (and no subdirectories) were created

is it because of the directories and not files?

Yes...

P

Guest le_lutin
I guess that means flashing sense then flashing without after turning it off then!

No, no. I mean remove it from your homescreen - long-press your finger on the widget until you see the word "Remove" come up at the bottom of the screen. Drag the widget down to the bottom to remove it. Then re-add the widget to your homescreen.

Guest Chet T16
No, no. I mean remove it from your homescreen - long-press your finger on the widget until you see the word "Remove" come up at the bottom of the screen. Drag the widget down to the bottom to remove it. Then re-add the widget to your homescreen.

I haven't got the widget as i'm not using sense, so i can't remove or reinstall

Guest Hammerhand
What have you baked in / out?

P

I baked IN:

Gallery 3D

Gmail 2.2.1

Live Wallpapers

Maps

News and Weather

Voice Dialler

Voice Search

YouTube

Flashlight

FM Radio

Friend Stream

HTC IME

Lock Screen

Peep

Sense / Rosie

SIM Toolkit

Teeter

Voice Recorder

Weather

World Clock

ALL THE HTC Sense Widgets

Facebook

Jbed Java

AdFree

ASE + Scripts

ROM Manager

Spare Parts

Titanium Backup

WiFi Status Indicator

Disable Boot Sound

Nexus One Boot Animation

Advanced - 802.11N

A2SD+

Included Radio Image

All the other things are out

Guest distantstorm

Hi,

Is there anything in this ROM that could affect the sound output from my Desire - I seem to have dropped to getting sound out only the left speaker/earbud and have tried it with various headphones and in the car. I think phone may have to go back but wanted to check if there was anything that could cause this that isn't a physical problem,

Cheers.

Guest The Virus 2013

Hey all !

I installed my first ROM, the R8 WIP. Now, there is the R8 RC1 and I want to update. How can I do that ? Have I to backup everything and wipe data ? Programs and datas will be lost or not ?

In fact, the correct question is how to do the install and what will stay or not on my phone after ?

Sorry for that but I'm a n00b :huh:

Thank you

Guest Sergeb10

Tried this stuff (R8), Adroid market crashes on start, On Russian keyboard layout I got letter "э" when pressing <Enter>.

This is enough ) Went to rollback to previous ROM.

Guest slypie

Just installed r8 from the kitchen, after removing 2.2 offical OTA update, great job. Just one thing the little battery in the notification bar isn't the circle one with the % in the centre. have i done something wrong.

glad to see the Radio working tried the first r8 with radio and got no 3G, everything works this time.

Guest Noonski
Just installed r8 from the kitchen, after removing 2.2 offical OTA update, great job. Just one thing the little battery in the notification bar isn't the circle one with the % in the centre. have i done something wrong.

glad to see the Radio working tried the first r8 with radio and got no 3G, everything works this time.

It's not supposed to have a circle Mod.

If you want this you will have to flash it recovery over the rom.

Search for Circle Battery Mod %.

But back up your APN first with an app from the market aptly named APN Backup (or Back Up APN)

Edited by Noonski

Guest acrickie
Hey all !

I installed my first ROM, the R8 WIP. Now, there is the R8 RC1 and I want to update. How can I do that ? Have I to backup everything and wipe data ? Programs and datas will be lost or not ?

In fact, the correct question is how to do the install and what will stay or not on my phone after ?

Sorry for that but I'm a n00b :huh:

Thank you

I updated from R5 to R6 then R7 without a wipe and had no problems - you shouldn't have to wipe but it depends on which features have been updated since the R8 WIP that you have installed.

The bottom line is try it - if something doesn't work then you may need to wipe and re-install.

I did eventually wiped mine in order to get some of the new widgets in R8 to work and because I had done several updates without wiping - it isn't too much hassle if you use Titanium or MyBackup Pro to back up all your apps - just your desktop to sort out.