Turning off Backlight in wm6.5?

Guest dreamtheater39

Guest dreamtheater39

Hey,

I just flashed one of the wm6.5 roms for my pro and the settings has the option missing - to turn the backlight off. This option was present in the battery page in the settings menu. Now i cant seem to find an option.

Anyone know if there is someway to enable it in the registry or something? This was great to have as I used to get a whole load of battery life. Besides the screen used to be really bright (amoled) even with the backlight turned off.

Thanks,

San

dt39-UltimateROM-series for Samsung i780

Visit my blog dedicated to learning how to cook ROMs for the i780.

i780romdev.blogspot.com

Guest ErnstJanF
Hey,

I just flashed one of the wm6.5 roms for my pro and the settings has the option missing - to turn the backlight off. This option was present in the battery page in the settings menu. Now i cant seem to find an option.

Anyone know if there is someway to enable it in the registry or something? This was great to have as I used to get a whole load of battery life. Besides the screen used to be really bright (amoled) even with the backlight turned off.

Thanks,

San

dt39-UltimateROM-series for Samsung i780

Visit my blog dedicated to learning how to cook ROMs for the i780.

i780romdev.blogspot.com

If you're using Samsung's Settings, you can find it in the second tab 'Screen' and you will find something like 'Brightness'

Guest dreamtheater39
If you're using Samsung's Settings, you can find it in the second tab 'Screen' and you will find something like 'Brightness'

if i set brightness to zero, is it equivalent to turning off the backlight? in 6.1 there was a separate option which said "turn off backlight" in the battery level settings page

Guest darthveda

you have to enable MS settings to show up in start menu, and choose system->backlight->turn off :(

HKLM->Security->Shell->StartInfo->Hidesettings. change from 1 to 0.

Guest dreamtheater39
you have to enable MS settings to show up in start menu, and choose system->backlight->turn off :(

HKLM->Security->Shell->StartInfo->Hidesettings. change from 1 to 0.

nope, tried already and the backlight settings are not present

Guest boyong

In the older samsung settings of wm 6.5, you can find that option of turn off the backlight but in the newer version of samsung settings (starting with the JC2 rom) that option is removed but you can still choose that option in the hidden windows settings as mentioned by Klimto in the previous post.

Guest darthveda
nope, tried already and the backlight settings are not present

it's there!! it's after About and before Certificate. Are you opening Windows settings or Samsung settings? It's there in Windows Settings.

Guest dreamtheater39
it's there!! it's after About and before Certificate. Are you opening Windows settings or Samsung settings? It's there in Windows Settings.

yes, i did check windows backlight settings, and i cant seem to find an option to turn off backlight completely. There are only options to turn off backlight after a selected timeout setting - which is not what i want!

Guest Klimto
yes, i did check windows backlight settings, and i cant seem to find an option to turn off backlight completely. There are only options to turn off backlight after a selected timeout setting - which is not what i want!

Dude, just deselect: Turn on backlight when a button is pressed or the screen is tapped.

Edited by Klimto

Guest dreamtheater39
Dude, just deselect: Turn on backlight when a button is pressed or the screen is tapped.

hey thank m8, that seems to turn off the backlight! cheers :(