[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc..

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest Princeagarwal

hi ernst

ma query is regarding the camera driver

can v replace it with drivers of any phone or is there smthng v hav to take care of

one of ma frnd has an lg phne( dnt knw wat model) which gives gr8 shots inthe d

Guest Princeagarwal

hi ernst

can v replace it with drivers of any phone or is there smthng v hav to take care of

one of ma frnd has an lg phne( dnt knw wat model) which gives gr8 shots inthe d

Guest Princeagarwal

hi ernst

one of ma frnd has an lg phne( dnt knw wat model) which gives gr8 shots inthe dark

though ots jst a 3.2 mp camera

so i was thinking if v the hardware is inferior then there must b sm thing in its dricers that makes the shots better

can u pls xplain

Guest Thunder141

you have to dump your installed rom with the dskdump tool.

Hi ErnstJanF, I'd like to cook my own rom, remove some stuff, etc...I have the official JC2 rom with all the parts :

1. SS_DL.dll SS_DL.dll

2. 2. Phone_B7610XXJC1.bin Phone_B7610XXJC1.bin

3. 3. PDA_B7610NXXJC2_HW_70.MST PDA_B7610NXXJC2_HW_70.MST

4. 4. Eboot_B7610NXXJC2_HW_70.eb0 Eboot_B7610NXXJC2_HW_70.eb0

5. 5. B7610NXEEJC2.csc B7610NXEEJC2.csc

They're all seperated into different files. Can I dump using this (perhaps using just the .MST)? or is there something I need to do before dumping and starting to cook? (perhaps recompile the parts [How?]

Your help is very much appreciated

• 2 months later...
Guest El Cazador
Finally, get a ROM_DUMP.bin from a official ROM. Already cooked ROM's will not work!

Hi,

Thanks for all this information. I'm just reading through it to try to understand what I would need to do. I got a bit stuck on the above statement - I don't know how to get a ROM_DUMP.bin. Does one of your tools do this? Could anyone post a link to instructions on how to do it?

Thanks

El Cazador

Guest Thunder141

just put dskdump.exe on your storage card and execute it. Be sure to have about 200 MB free on your storage card. The tool will create the rom_dump.bin from your installed rom. But to modify such a rom dump, this only works with a stock rom.

Hi,

Thanks for all this information. I'm just reading through it to try to understand what I would need to do. I got a bit stuck on the above statement - I don't know how to get a ROM_DUMP.bin. Does one of your tools do this? Could anyone post a link to instructions on how to do it?

Thanks

El Cazador

Guest El Cazador
just put dskdump.exe on your storage card and execute it. Be sure to have about 200 MB free on your storage card. The tool will create the rom_dump.bin from your installed rom. But to modify such a rom dump, this only works with a stock rom.

OK, thanks. I found dskdump.exe and tried it. Success! On to the next step.

One question, though. If it needs an official ROM, where do the expert chefs get hold of later ROMs than the one that came with their phone? OK, two questions: if I download and flash an "official ROM" from this forum, can I dump that and use it for cooking?

Thanks again

Guest Thunder141

the newer roms are builded nby porting new kernel build to an official rom

You can only modify official rom dump's that are not lzx compressed

OK, thanks. I found dskdump.exe and tried it. Success! On to the next step.

One question, though. If it needs an official ROM, where do the expert chefs get hold of later ROMs than the one that came with their phone? OK, two questions: if I download and flash an "official ROM" from this forum, can I dump that and use it for cooking?

Thanks again

Guest El Cazador
the newer roms are builded nby porting new kernel build to an official rom

You can only modify official rom dump's that are not lzx compressed

Why are there no links to ROM_DUMP.BIN files on here? Is it a copyright issue?

• 2 weeks later...