Superuser Permissions keep popping up

Guest LadFromWales

Guest LadFromWales

Having just installed JG5 and RC3, together with Mimocan's kernel, placing /data/data in /disk/data.

Every time my phone starts up, it'll ask if Titanium Backup can have superuser. If I look at the permissions list, I can see the apps I've allowed. But, every time I run them, it prompts. This happens when any app wants su.

Is this a known issue with the above combo? Is there a fix? :(

EDIT: It happens every time an app wants su, even within the same session. ie in ROM Manager, I click Fix Permissions, it asks for su, I grant it, let it complete, click Fix Permissions again, and it asks again!

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Edited by LadFromWales

Guest DistortedLoop
Having just installed JG5 and RC3, together with Mimocan's kernel, placing /data/data in /disk/data.

Every time my phone starts up, it'll ask if Titanium Backup can have superuser. If I look at the permissions list, I can see the apps I've allowed. But, every time I run them, it prompts. This happens when any app wants su.

Is this a known issue with the above combo? Is there a fix? :(

EDIT: It happens every time an app wants su, even within the same session. ie in ROM Manager, I click Fix Permissions, it asks for su, I grant it, let it complete, click Fix Permissions again, and it asks again!

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Not much help here, but I seem to recall this being a problem reported by several people with MCR r3 over in the thread for MCR. I don't recall anyone having a fix, but you might scan that thread if you haven't already.

Random suggestions I'd throw out would be:

Try running the update.zip that roots your phone.

Reinstall busybox (find a busybox installer in the Market, or get Titanium Backup from Market and click the "got problems" option - it will install busybox latest.

Fix permissions (I think MCR has an ASE script for that put onto your sdcard.

No idea if those will fix it, but they won't hurt your phone to try, either. Let us know if any of them work.

Guest Brantyr

If it's what I think it is it's a really simple fix - open up the superuser application, go to preferences and change the notification option to toast, by default no option is selected which makes it bug out and spam notifications.

Guest ragflan
If it's what I think it is it's a really simple fix - open up the superuser application, go to preferences and change the notification option to toast, by default no option is selected which makes it bug out and spam notifications.

You rock. This solved the issue for me too.

Guest n1ck2010
You rock. This solved the issue for me too.

Not for me :-(

Ive been in to preferences>Notification and tried None and Toast but the prompts still keep popping up for Titanium Backup every time I run the app.

Pls Help!

Guest Avi GNG
Not for me :-(

Ive been in to preferences>Notification and tried None and Toast but the prompts still keep popping up for Titanium Backup every time I run the app.

Pls Help!

Same BS here ... toas didn't help. Superuser drives me crazy ! asks the same question time and time again even during the same session (i.e rebooting)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Guest n1ck2010
Same BS here ... toas didn't help. Superuser drives me crazy ! asks the same question time and time again even during the same session (i.e rebooting)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Im glad its not just me, this popup thing is just as annoying as Vista was!

Im really hoping someone out there has a fix for this :-(

Guest Avi GNG
Im glad its not just me, this popup thing is just as annoying as Vista was!

Im really hoping someone out there has a fix for this :-(

Yeah, me too.

I'm sure Paul will fix this in his next release :)

Guest Chris-Aus
Yeah, me too.

I'm sure Paul will fix this in his next release :)

This was bugging me as well!

This is how I fixed it: (Re-rooted the phone)

- I went to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=728754

- Downloaded the update.zip file

- Follwed the instructions for rooting.

- Problem fixed - no more popups from Superuser

Exact Steps:

Steps:

1. Download: update.zip http://www.multiupload.com/JHIFK9K80P for (2.1)

2. Put update.zip to root of /sdcard (not /sdcard/sd) (not on the physical SD card but the Internal SD card/Phone Memory)

3. Turn off phone

4. Hold down volume up + home button + power (tip: release the power button for half a second when you see the samsung logo)

5. Phone will reboot into recovery mode

6. Wait until you see the Recovery Screen and then release the buttons

7. With the volume down key go to the option: "apply: /sdcard/update.zip"

8. Press the home button

9. Phone will start updating

10. Phone reboots... and there you go! your phone is rooted!

Guest n1ck2010
This was bugging me as well!

This is how I fixed it: (Re-rooted the phone)

- I went to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=728754

- Downloaded the update.zip file

- Follwed the instructions for rooting.

- Problem fixed - no more popups from Superuser

Exact Steps:

Steps:

1. Download: update.zip http://www.multiupload.com/JHIFK9K80P for (2.1)

2. Put update.zip to root of /sdcard (not /sdcard/sd) (not on the physical SD card but the Internal SD card/Phone Memory)

3. Turn off phone

4. Hold down volume up + home button + power (tip: release the power button for half a second when you see the samsung logo)

5. Phone will reboot into recovery mode

6. Wait until you see the Recovery Screen and then release the buttons

7. With the volume down key go to the option: "apply: /sdcard/update.zip"

8. Press the home button

9. Phone will start updating

10. Phone reboots... and there you go! your phone is rooted!

Brilliant!! Thank you so much, Ive just tried it and now I no longer get those annoying prompts :-)

Just one question, do you know if its safe to install the latest version of busybox on this one? And also what does busybox do anyway?

Cheers