26 May 2011: Adhip's i900 29020 WP7alike. 23150, 28238, 23569 ROM

Guest adhip

Guest volkan80

Hi adhip

very nice job, but I have a few questions.

How can I activate MMS? That option is missing in the settings for messages.

Š•verything else is perfect

Sorry for my bad English (google translator)

@volkan80, sorry I don't use MMS, I hope other Modaco users who use MMS can help you out. There's a fix from Ock's kitchen but I don't apply it since I don't need it.

@Rebels ; yes the home weather need weather updater fix cab, I just add this fix yesterday but the weather image (ie cloud) is somehow appears on up left corner - covering the clock.

Here's the weather updater fix : http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1125281

And here's the misplaced image fix : http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1124762

Edited by adhip

Guest leebates1986
How can I activate MMS? That option is missing in the settings for messages.

still trying to find out myself. mms.dll etc are missing, a lot of reg settings too. tried to add a cab i made from samsung mms EXT from yonns kitchen, installed few things but still didn't work. hopefully someone else can come to the rescue :lol:

Probably I cleaned them too to make this Rom as lite as possible based on my personal needs.

Sorry guys, for those who need MMS (or HTC geoservices, AudioMgr), this rom might be unusable. Will add this details on the 1st post.

Perhaps, I'll make another ROM which has MMS. My problem is I don't have a lot of free time for cooking ROM (this is my 2nd published ROM while my 1st one is several months ago) and I'm still a newbie in this area. So It won't be in the near future.

Guest leebates1986
Probably I cleaned them too to make this Rom as lite as possible based on my personal needs.

Sorry guys, for those who need MMS (or HTC geoservices, AudioMgr), this rom might be unusable. Will add this details on the 1st post.

Perhaps, I'll make another ROM which has MMS. My problem is I don't have a lot of free time for cooking ROM (this is my 2nd published ROM while my 1st one is several months ago) and I'm still a newbie in this area. So It won't be in the near future.

do you still have you .kxml files mate for yonns kitchen?

do you still have you .kxml files mate for yonns kitchen?

I doubt it, I tried different ingredients to get the smallest size and the one I shared is not the last ROM created.

hi. GREAT ROM! Thanks for the hard work.

Just wondering how to remove weather all together from the home screen? I don't have a data plan on my phone and get charged $$ for any data usage.

Guest andrew.mazlim
hi. GREAT ROM! Thanks for the hard work.

Just wondering how to remove weather all together from the home screen? I don't have a data plan on my phone and get charged $$ for any data usage.

Ī‘re you getting charged because you updating the Home page weather??? Why the hell for you're doing that? Install THAT and you don't need to update anymore:

Manila_Home_Weather_Updater__with_MortScript_.cab

Ī‘re you getting charged because you updating the Home page weather??? Why the hell for you're doing that? Install THAT and you don't need to update anymore:

thanks, but what does it do???

also for some reason NODATA is not working on this rom... i get the error: The file 'NoData' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or, one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file.

I've tired reinstaling - same problem. This app worked previous on OCK's rom... same cab.

also for some reason NODATA is not working on this rom... i get the error: The file 'NoData' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or, one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file.

I've tired reinstaling - same problem. This app worked previous on OCK's rom... same cab.

Weather Update use Data connection, now it depends whether your Data Connection is chargeable or already included in your dataplan package.

You can set it manually to make it cheaper.

Personally, I use the weather tab instead of Home tab to see/update weather. Btw, I tried to install the weather updater fix cab in the rom but it made the touchflo never launched, so better to install the fix later on. To remove weather from Home Tab you need to modify Home setting XML

NODATA need Net CF 3.5 installed, this can be installed in "My Storage" (or in "Device" if you wish).

The idea of 'lite' ROM is to remove unnecessary packages from ROM, including those apps which can be installed in Internal disk or SD card. That's why I said in my 1st post that this is personal ROM, since what's been removed or packed into ROM is subjective to my needs (use it heavily for work).

Edited by adhip

Weather Update use Data connection, now it depends whether your Data Connection is chargeable or already included in your dataplan package.

You can set it manually to make it cheaper.

Personally, I use the weather tab instead of Home tab to see/update weather. Btw, I tried to install the weather updater fix cab in the rom but it made the touchflo never launched, so better to update it later on. To remove weather from Home Tab you need to modify Home setting XML

NODATA need Net CF 3.5 installed, this can be installed in "My Storage" (or in "Device" if you wish).

The idea of 'lite' ROM is to remove unnecessary packages from ROM, including those apps which can be installed in Internal disk or SD card. That's why I said in my 1st post that this is personal ROM, since what's been removed or packed into ROM is subjective to my needs (use it heavily for work).

thanks for that, explains a lot. where do i find Home settings XML file?

Guest andrew.mazlim

Updating with a script the Weather in Home tab, withouth chargins.

About NoData... forget it and use that:

DataController.cab

Guest Lunchbox77
@ Lunchbox77 - it's standard icon, my aim is to make lite ROM, big icon takes bigger bytes, I'll add start menu screenshot later. I'm in a hurry right now :lol:

@ andrew.mazlim, I made Black M2DV2 lite (no S2U2) before but it's about 4 mb bigger than this one. Try this one 1st, if you don't like it, u can always change the M2D skin & add S2U2 later on B)

@mureta; thanks ! You made very good ROMs your self!

However, for those who has test this ROM, is it just me or actually 28238 has better video driver? Cause when I play my videos, they look a bit different (better contrast & more crisp).

Rgds,

Adhip

the cleanest rom i've ever seen, but no titanium, any cab to make an upgrade?: B)

Guest leebates1986

how i re-enabled mms.

1. install Samsung SMS-MMS for 6.5.x.cab

2. install SMS_Fix.cab

3. reboot

4. using registry explorer, change HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > MsgTypes > IPM > SMStext dll name to htmlnote.dll

5. HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > MsgTypes > IPM > MMS dll to mms.dll if not already changed.

6. HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > MsgTypes > IPM > MMS, rename Messing to MMS.

7. Reboot.

8. open messaging, menu > MMS Options > Profile

9. you should see your mms profiles if already on phone, if not follow your network providers website links on how to get settings sent to your phone.

10. you will see two boxes that are blank (i don't know why they are) but if you select the profile you wish to use, then click the 1st box, this will set your profile to default.

11. to make a mms, menu > new > SMS, this will load the htmlnote.dll still, menu > insert, picture etc will become available :lol:

if you select menu > new > MMS, it won't let you add anything to the text for some reason, i don't know the issue behind it. but by using step 11 i am able to send / receive MMS on my phone now, hope this helps others as i spent a good week trying to figure it out B)

Samsung_20SMS_MMS_20for_206.5.x_1_.cab

SMS_Fix_1_.cab

• 1 month later...
Guest brielcute

finally a rom that suites my needs thanks a lot man... been searching for this for almost a week now... i love it dude thanks a lot.... 1 request though can you make a clean lite rom with the latest wm 6.5 build for me?....

@leebates : thanks for the mms tips ! B)

@brielcute : sorry bro, I crashed my disk about a month ago & has no backup of all my kitchen, ext packages, Omnia stuff etc. So, to create a new ROM, I need to d/l lot of stuff all over again & spent time making them, which unfortunately I can't do right now since this is my 'work' notebook and I'm quite mobile. So it won't be in the near future. Sorry....

Guest brielcute
@leebates : thanks for the mms tips ! :P

@brielcute : sorry bro, I crashed my disk about a month ago & has no backup of all my kitchen, ext packages, Omnia stuff etc. So, to create a new ROM, I need to d/l lot of stuff all over again & spent time making them, which unfortunately I can't do right now since this is my 'work' notebook and I'm quite mobile. So it won't be in the near future. Sorry....

oh I understand.... anyway thanks a lot with the rom... tried different roms and I always flash back phone to your rom... I really like it a lot... 1 problem though I cant find a .cab for windows mobile player....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest marosteeha

hmmmmmmm i was soooooo happy with this rom.. actually i still am, the problem is that i wanted or need to use windows media player (because of spb music widget) but as i've been reading it seems there is no windows media player cab, so... can someone help me install windomes media player somehow? or whell... recomend some other clean rom?

• 2 weeks later...
hmmmmmmm i was soooooo happy with this rom.. actually i still am, the problem is that i wanted or need to use windows media player (because of spb music widget) but as i've been reading it seems there is no windows media player cab, so... can someone help me install windomes media player somehow? or whell... recomend some other clean rom?

@ Brielcute & Marosteeha, I was at my cousin's home last weekend and he has kitchen & stuff on his Vista, so I make another ROM & also put WMP & IE on this one. And it has WM7 homescreen too :). Hope you like it.

Edited by adhip

Whats up adhip ?!

Made good on brother ! ;)

Congratulations for the effort and work. :D

mureta.

Hi Mureta, thanks! Pls try it and give me comment....

I have copied my cousin's kitchen though he has different taste so I need to d/l more stuff & buy new disk. So, I could start making ROM again in near future :)