[ROM] LS 2.1.4 - Only the best for your Liquid! Eclair 2/9/10

Guest LSteam

Guest Chadski

@LS

Am just askin for the benefit of those curious ones.

What is the difference between the ferrari leak and a non-ferrari ROM? anything new with apps or any new features?

Guest LSteam
just some new medias and new stupid apps to show ferrari images and video... (like a "ferrari gallery" with images and videos INSIDE the app...)

@Elisha82 improve network speed... malez had developed it :(

Guest djinferno806

What are the voltages of your OC pack? Do you include undervolting to save battery as well? Im trying to figure out which OC pack to use, yours or phussons for lcr 1.7

Guest LSteam
What are the voltages of your OC pack? Do you include undervolting to save battery as well? Im trying to figure out which OC pack to use, yours or phussons for lcr 1.7

no undervolted kernel...

anyway, battery duration is very high AND ramdisk of my boot.img is edited by me to improve performance and EXECUTE autostart script in /system/bin

Guest Elisha82
sorry, but creepy rom... slow and to buggy. back to lcr 1.8

Did you do a wipe/factory reset before you flashed this rom?

It's faster than LCR 1.7.3, 1.8 and Xian v1.

Guest LSteam
after this patch wifi not run again ((((

PATCH IS NOT FOR WIFI. IS FOR APPS2SD!

for working wifi on 998mhz you must REdownload NEW OC PACK and reinstall new 998mhz boot.img :(

sorry, but creepy rom... slow and to buggy. back to lcr 1.8

no know bug in this rom... howevare...it's your choice :P

if you don't like plus apps just WIPE DATA AFTER INSTALLING LS :(

Guest wildgunman

yes, full wipe... lcr 1.8 is the fastest...

Guest Rajit
yes, full wipe... lcr 1.8 is the fastest...

Agree, for me 1.8 is smoother as well.. but i have to say, that this is a very nice rom indeed. The amount of effort put in it clearly shows. Great work @LSteam... keep it up :(

Guest LSteam

=)

for smoothness, just wipe AFTER INSTALL :(

edit: and... let mediascanner a couple of hours to indexed you sd contenents... after this is smoother than 1.8...in my opinion obviusly (without data wipe after install)

500 DOWNLOAD IN 8 HOURSE - THANKS TO EVERYONE :(

Edited by LSteam

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Based on LinPack score, this ROM is about as fast as Xian v1. I've repeatedly tested my Liquid A1 on LinPack under Xian v1, and I've gotten between 6.9 and 7.2, mostly around 7.04, and that's with a multitude of apps running in the background. I'm still waiting to see if WiFi still works under 998 Mhz (since I don't have a data plan on my phone) before I try it out, as I've been having performance problems with Xian v1 OC whenever battery drops below 20%

@Everyone who says LCR 1.8 is faster, could you guys post your LinPack scores? I haven't tried LCR 1.8, but I'm curious as to how fast it runs.

Guest Elisha82

Max on LCR 1.8 @ 998mhz for me was 6.7 Mflops.

LS 2.1 I can get 7.15 Mflops.

Xian was also around 6.7 and LCR 1.73 was about 6.65.

Edited by Elisha82

Guest Seeya5

Thank you for this rom, im testing it, because you said that battery was improved....but i lost 4% in 1h, using it 8mn....how can i improve it ?

And about Apps2SD, can you explain how to use it ? i dit a part on my SD with malez recovery, after that i clicked in LS Settings on "Apps on SD", but it doesnt seem to work....

Thank you !

I'll donate soon if you can help me with that

Guest djinferno806
Based on LinPack score, this ROM is about as fast as Xian v1. I've repeatedly tested my Liquid A1 on LinPack under Xian v1, and I've gotten between 6.9 and 7.2, mostly around 7.04, and that's with a multitude of apps running in the background. I'm still waiting to see if WiFi still works under 998 Mhz (since I don't have a data plan on my phone) before I try it out, as I've been having performance problems with Xian v1 OC whenever battery drops below 20%

@Everyone who says LCR 1.8 is faster, could you guys post your LinPack scores? I haven't tried LCR 1.8, but I'm curious as to how fast it runs.

as to your peformance problems below 20%, check to see if setcpu is using a different governer other than ondemand for your low battery profile (if enabled)

Guest LSteam
Wifi works with the new LS kernel no problem.

hi! 4%/h with NEW FLASHED ROM is good... after a day from flash (when mediascanner finished to index your contenent and all is up to date) i have 0.4%/h in standby mode... and 2%/h with normal use

for apps2sd...

try APPS2SD again... wait a 2/3 minutes due to reboot operation, go back to LSsettings > apps2sd and check "current status" :(

if it doesn't work (but i think is impossibile) go into recovery mode and select WIPE DATA FACTORY AND WIPE EXT PARTITION ON SD

thanks for using my rom :(

Guest Elisha82

What does Wipe data factory reset do it Recovery Mode?

Does it just reset the custom rom to defaults or does it revert back to .39 and then having to flash the custom rom again?

Guest Rajit

Ok this reply is for everyone who compares the performances of roms based on linpack scores. Linpack basically gives an indication of the mflops, and although that does impact the overall performance of the rom, but it has more to do with the clocking frequency. Take this anology, ubuntu might run better on the same hardware as windows, providing faster and smoother performance, although at the core, the windows system might be performing the same "Millions of Floating Point Operations Per Second" (MFLOPS).

So, when i said that I find lcr 1.8 to be faster, I just meant that I find it to be running smoother than LS (which runs smooth as well). The applications open up quick, the 3d gallery operates smoothly and flawlessly, and I'm talking about the stock unOCd rom.

Also, I have noticed that somehow the same rom runs well on some phones while not so well on others.

So, if you wanna know which rom is faster, just give it a try and you'll know for yourself. :(

Edited by Rajit

Guest Delnar_Ersike

@djinferno806: SetCPU's governer stays at ondemand, though I do lower the frequency from OC to stock (245-768) once battery is below 25%.

@Rajit: I know that about LinPack scores, but benchmarking is the only way to objectively compare ROMs. Someone's "fast" might not be the same as another person's "fast", and even if LinPack scores are always only theoretical (I think the current record holder for LinPack scores on Acer Liquid did it at a 1.2Ghz OC, which is far from stable), they do provide a general insight as to which phones/ROMs are faster than other phones/ROMs.

@LSteam: By 2%/hour with normal use, what do mean by 'normal use'?

BTW, other than the marketplace apps that come with the ROM, the boot splash, and the boot sound, what are the differences between LS 2.1, Xian v1, and LCR 1.8? It seems like most of the "features" are used by or can be used by (via adb push) all three, including ramzswap, TS fix, OC, SMS fixes, the new libwebcore.so, the improved WiFi, the audio hack to increase volume, the 480p camera, FroYo Gallery, scripts like zipalign, AGPS tweaks, working voice search, etc. I know some of the key differences, ie. Xian has the undervolted kernel, LS 2.1 has the LSsettings app for switching themes and whatnot, but it doesn't seem like these ROMs are all that different.